close them all!

Posted by: okieboy

close them all! - 03/24/02 02:48 PM

I was wondering why did the fish and game leave the sauk skagit system open? Because from what I understand they barely made there quota for CandR.
And since they closed the stilly and the Sky wouldnt alot of the pressure from those rivers come to fish the skagit. To me this seems rediculous because there ar more people up here now than i have ever seen in recent years.I mean dont get me wrong i fish the skagit everyday and it just seems to me if we care about the fish w should close this system down as well for further expansion of the sport. Just wonder what you guys think.. confused
Posted by: HillbillyRedneck

Re: close them all! - 03/24/02 04:38 PM

I'm cornfused.
If you think it should be closed, then why are you fishing it everyday?
Posted by: sinker

Re: close them all! - 03/24/02 06:58 PM

If they cared about these resources as much as they say they do, they'd shut all fishing down for 4 or 5 years and give all the runs a break.

But that won't ever happen.

I know I'm gonna get flamed about how sportfisherman don't effect the resource as much as the commercials. This I realize, but any effect is an effect on the final outcome.
Posted by: Preston Singletary

Re: close them all! - 03/24/02 07:25 PM

Well, after the Department convinced five members of the Commission that there were no serious concerns about the health of wild steelhead runs, they would have had large quantities of egg on their faces if they had had to announce the closure of the C-and-R season on the Sauk and Skagit.
Posted by: ltlCLEO

Re: close them all! - 03/24/02 11:05 PM

SINKER,
I for one will not flame ya!!!! cool
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: close them all! - 03/24/02 11:19 PM

Well Sinker I won't flame ya either. For most of the 90's we didn't get to fish the Hood Canal Coho runs....growled about it but accepted the necessity. Well the runs are back big time laugh .
Whether this will work elsewhere I don't know...no opinion offered just an example.
Posted by: centerpin

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 12:05 AM

Guide pressure on the gameys. Flyfishermen come from all over the world to this fishery.It's all about the Money!!!!!!! frown frown frown
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 12:44 AM

i dont even think the guys fishin it would flame you over this, they all know the run is depressed but they fish it anyway, its all about money and 8 x 10 glossys.
Posted by: steelheadwayne

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 06:55 AM

hey centerpin i was wondering.......do you fish a certer-pin reel.....thanx

tight lines.......wayne........
Posted by: Downriggin

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 08:36 AM

It's too bad that our runs don't the same media exposure as the orphaned Ocra has the last 6 weeks! Something to ponder...hmmmmm

Downriggin'
Posted by: Robert Allen3

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 12:01 PM

Sinker I'd go for a full closure of all wild steelhead streams if and ONLY is it coincided with a closure of all hatchery operations and fish plants on thoes rivers.

Hatchery fish do far more damage to wild runs than catch and release fishermen.

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 10:58 PM

just wanted to bring it to the top!
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 11:23 PM

But you didn't answer the question Okieboy...then why are you fishing there?? wink

Re: close them all! - 03/25/02 11:46 PM

I was just trying to make the point that the closures on the other rivers bring alot of added pressure to the skagit.Because alot of people have no where else to go..