Reliable spots to shop for a boat?

Posted by: fishkisser99

Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 03/30/02 01:09 PM

...I've been trying to find a 15'-18' deep V open aluminum boat with a 40 horse or so for a couple of weeks, but searching for boats on the web can be futile, and I don't get to the mainland enough to spend time checking out the dealers. Can you recommend a website, or a dealer north of Tacoma, that might be productive?

...thanks for your input!
Posted by: scottguides

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 03/30/02 02:26 PM

give the guys at three rivers marine a call(1-877-661-1575)located in woodinville.without a doubt the best boat shop in the state.good luck.scott
Posted by: Thumper

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 03/30/02 05:44 PM

And if you are at Three Rivers Marine stop by Doug's Boats a couple of blocks away.

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 03/31/02 12:16 AM

Thanks--I looked at the web pages for Three Rivers and Auburn Sports and Verle's and the boat trader online--seems a used aluminum boat is a rare animal, and most of the ones in my price range are in Illinois. But I'm looking at the classified ads, I'm drooling over dealer sites, I'm counting my pennies...
Posted by: Periwinkle

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 03/31/02 12:36 AM

Fishkisser -------I've been boat shopping for a year (arimas), I'm always a day or 2 late on the good buys. There's lots of what you want out there.

Here's your best sources.
www.boattraderonline.com
www.littlenickel.com (transportation) (all pubs)
newspaper classifieds --try www.TRIBnet.com, then find the papers of WA and pick your pubs.

dealers are usually $$$$$ higher (sometimes 1K).

Good luck, hope this helps you. smile
Posted by: ripple

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 01:04 AM

That's cold blooded Thumper. Stick with three-rivers. They're good guys selling good boats. wink
Posted by: baddawg

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 12:32 PM

here are a couple of links you don't have yet that may be helpful. Stevens marine AJ Marine

Good luck and if yo find a bargain be ready to jump because it won't be there for long.
Posted by: Little Fish

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 12:58 PM

....one more source of used boats and motors: BuySell.com (if you are willing to go to Canada)
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 01:00 PM

fishkisser-
Call 3 Rivers and ask for Bryan. They have a huge lot of used boats that are not listed on their website.

Talk to Bryan and he can give you a quick rundown of what they have that matches what you are looking for.
Posted by: Jack

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 01:23 PM

Check out Nick's Boats and Motors in Seattle. Check out the 1650 Lund "Laker" series. It is very stable and wide and Nick's is also a Yamaha dealer. Check the boat out at www.lundboats.com, it is new and appears to be the way to go if you want plenty of walking room. The boat is great for both salt and fresh water.
Check out Auburn Sports and Marine for The 16 foot Smokercraft "Lodge" series. This boat is identical to the above listed Lund. They are also a Yamaha dealer. Do yourself a favor and check these boats out, it may save you a lot of time looking. Jack
Posted by: centerpin

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 07:45 PM

Three Rivers smile smile smile

Re: Reliable spots to shop for a boat? - 04/01/02 08:33 PM

Thanks, baddowg--but perhaps I should have been more specific...I'm looking for dealers north of Tacoma and WEST of the Cascades...I don't get to Yakima often and doubt my car would make it to Milwaukee.

Similarly I'm dubious about 3 Rivers--while they are certainly reputable and I appreciate the recommendation, it would be two weeks before I could get down there, and after that it'd be mid-June. Should I be worried about dealing with a boat dealer that I may only be able to visit every four or five months? As I get closer to spring break I'll be more likely to give them a call...

Believe me, Jack--If I could I'd run right out and pick up a new Smokercraft...but alas I'm confined to this rather skinny wallet...

Thanks for all of your recommendations...hope to see you on the saltchuck soon...