Pictures of my custom cataraft frame

Posted by: Steelheader69

Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/11/02 02:48 AM

Have a digital camera, so thought I'd post some pictures of my cataraft. This is the beast, a big one piece frame, custom set up to fish either 3 or 4 fishermen.

Here's the 3 man setup.

Here's the 4 man setup.

http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP840.jpg

She's a beauty, even with my old tubes (they're over 14 years old, I've had them about 13)

Hey Ryan, eat your heart out Outcast boy laugh smile

Osprey makes one helluva cataraft frame. He'll get my repeat business. Gotta have him build my new frame for the 12' cat I'm building in next few months. Will post pics when I get them. I'll be on the Hoh the next couple days, you see this boat, it's me.
Posted by: RPetzold

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/11/02 03:13 AM

HA HA HA...looks like nothing more then a souped a Buck's Bag. :p wink

Brian said you picked up his 9140-3 last night...hope you enjoy the rod and christen it with a chromer!!! smile

Good luck this weekend... smile
Posted by: Old Man

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/11/02 11:34 AM

Steelheader69. Didn't you post these pictures some place else. And did you ever sell that boat in the picture.

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/11/02 12:13 PM

Yeah, I posted these on flyfishing forum. Just so happened that when I did, my computer crashed before I could post them here. Am borrowing a system until my computer is built (just tossing the old one) and figured I'd post it here too.

Nope, haven't sold it. The few that have looked at it wanted me to give it to them. So I'll be putting it in the trader. Probably sometime next week.

Yeah Sparkey, made it to Doublespeys to get that rod. Gonna be bringing it to the Hoh to try her out.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/11/02 12:26 PM

Quote:
looks like nothing more then a souped a Buck's Bag
Right. And Arnold Schwarznegger is just a souped-up Sparkey. :p rolleyes
Posted by: dcrzfitter

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/11/02 08:35 PM

hey I can't figure it out!!! I want to load up some pics of my cat.

dc laugh
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/12/02 05:22 AM

Hey Jerry, sign me up for a 'Hoh down'. I could put my inflatable donut ring on that green cooler and share in the rowing duties. Summer steelie season still have enough water? ... Oh wait, that's a cat! wink Can you add a third tube under the 'Os' frame so I can bring Stew? laugh Nice frame Os!

Steve

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/13/02 05:53 PM

Yeah, there should be enoughwater for a Hoh down. Just got back EARLY. Had a torrential downpour and punched the Hoh, Bogie, and Duc. Got to tthe Hoh on Thursday, was looking great colorwise and dropping. Made one float on Friday annd haad risen from slight rain we had Thur. night. POURED last night andd river DOUBLED in flow. LOL, some DB dropped in at Morgan's crossing today at 8am annd maade it to Oxbow by 1030am. It was HOPPING. Too bad the fishing wasn't. Water was cooking so fast on Friday we only haad a few slots to fish. Turned it into a whitewater trip. Decided o fasten down the rods and start rock hopping. Wish I haad a cameraman on the bank. Had my cat submerged at the rock garden. Was a blast, but fishing sucked and I forgot my plunking rods, which would've saved the day (9I haad only brought my fly/spey rods to force myself to use them xcllusively). Oh well, opens baack up in a few months.
Posted by: fp

Re: Pictures of my custom cataraft frame - 04/13/02 06:19 PM

Nice cat. Now, if you had a tow rig, self contained I might add, you would be the the real cat-man. smile Or would you be an Outcast?? cool

fp