Cowlitz

Posted by: wooldridge

Cowlitz - 04/22/02 04:26 PM

Anyone fish the Cowlitz the past few days? I will be on the Bank.

Thanks
Posted by: CraigH

Re: Cowlitz - 04/22/02 04:56 PM

Haven't been there but rumor is the bank fisherman are catching springers up by Barrier Dam. Good luck!!
Posted by: eggwhore

Re: Cowlitz - 04/22/02 06:23 PM

Was there on saturday at the dam the springer bite is early in the morning and in the afternoon is all steelhead. Saw some nice springers taken one about 25 or 26 nice fish.
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: Cowlitz - 04/22/02 06:53 PM

eggwhore...was this your post for the year? :p

Just kidding.

Saw many a bank fisherman while launching and pulling out yesterday. Must be fish? But then again why wouldn't there be in a terminal zone during the right time of year?

FJ...out.
Posted by: Fishaddict

Re: Cowlitz - 04/22/02 07:56 PM

Went to Cowlitz Sunday. I saw at least 15-20 steelies caught along with 4 Springers. Two of the steelies were mint bright Summer Runs. You'll see a line of fisherman out far into the river. Be careful wadding out because I saw this old timer slip 4 times going over his head, if he lost his footing I believe with the current being fast he could have easily been swept out into the river and drowned. They were catching them on single corkies with red yarn on a #2 hook. I lost a springer at the 400 ft marker, I brought hip waders instead of chest waders and could't get out there. I'll know better next week.
Posted by: fish4steel

Re: Cowlitz - 04/22/02 10:59 PM

yeah fishaddict, if you were smart you would have been wth me in the boat! :p What's gonna be your excuse for F 4.2??? eek sorry johnboy, had to call you out on PPP!
Posted by: fish4steel

Re: Cowlitz - 04/22/02 11:01 PM

yeah fishaddict, if you were smart you would have been wth me in the boat! :p What's gonna be your excuse for F 4.2??? eek sorry johnboy, had to call you out on PPP! And I thought you were using a DOUBLE corkie?????