PA HALIBUT HELP

Posted by: chinooky

PA HALIBUT HELP - 05/14/02 12:47 AM

MY BROTHER AND I ARE GOING UP TO PORT ANGELES HALIBIT FISHING FRIDAY AND KNOW LITTLE OF THAT AREA. CAN ANYBODY HELP US OUT ON WHERE TO GO AND WHAT TO USE. THANKS A BUNCH.
Posted by: StorminN

Re: PA HALIBUT HELP - 05/14/02 01:06 PM

Hey Chinooky,

Check out this new article by Tom Nelson on the Salmon University site... it's all about fishing for halibut out of Port Angeles, it has great detailed charts.
http://www.salmonuniversity.com/sjf_port_angeles.html

-N.
Posted by: JasonS

Re: PA HALIBUT HELP - 05/14/02 11:01 PM

right off the hook is as good as any. Last years PA Halibut derby winner was caught there. Try the Rock Pile, Coyote Bank also.

Jason S
Posted by: Jeffhead

Re: PA HALIBUT HELP - 05/14/02 11:51 PM

Hey StormiN,
I have to say it again, the salmon university site rocks!!! cool Great Hali maps, now I just need to get time to get there and use the tips from Toms seminar at the spaortsmans show to hook em' up.
Good luck and tight lines, Jeff laugh laugh
Posted by: StorminN

Re: PA HALIBUT HELP - 05/15/02 04:21 AM

Thanks, Jeff. Comments like that make all the work putting that site together worth it.

I've heard the PA halibut have not seen that much sport pressure so far this season... supposedly less than twenty boats a day for three days, then Sunday and Monday was too windy to fish, now it's closed for two days.

I hope to get out there Saturday and/or Sunday, you should make some time and get out there too!!

-N.