who's fishing barrier this weekend?

Posted by: fromcuthroattosteelies

who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 12:09 AM

It'd be nice to put some faces to names. Anyone fishing the dam this weekend? Not near the deadline, but just below drifting.
Posted by: 'Head hunter

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 11:15 AM

I'm considering a driftboat run from Barrier to Blue Creek this weekend. I've never run that stretch. From what I've seen from the road, the water doesn't look too bad.
Does any body know that water or want to talk about particular hazards? I dont know what the river flows will be this weekend, and that can be a factor.
I'm a fairly experienced rower, manage the SolDuc with not too much damage or without using too many depenz rolleyes ...., so any heads up would be appreciated.
Posted by: RiverLiver

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 11:23 AM

I will be there Friday - Monday, I'm staying at the Barrier Dam Campground. We'll be doing some morning fishing at Blue Creek and afternoons at the dam. I have a 20' Black Alumaweld with our logo on the side "Warters NW River Guides". If you see me let me know and we can have a beer or..?

Head Hunter,

It's a cake walk compared to the Sol Duc, there is one shoot about a mile downstream that can be a little tricky but don't loose any sleep over it. If the City of Tacoma repeats the flows of the weekends past it should be between 5000 - 6500 CFS.. perfect.
Posted by: River Rat

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 11:27 AM

If you can run the duc threr is nothing on the cow that sould consern you I can run my boat all the way up The flow sould be around 5000-6000 by the weekend.
Posted by: RiverLiver

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 11:31 AM

KC,

I thought you might hsve dropped of the edge of the earth. How have you been, you fishing the Cow this weekend?
Posted by: BERKLEY BOY75

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 11:35 AM

im hopin to be at the barrier, has it been producing, and is there lots of fisherman?? if so, i may jus head over to riffe lake to do some kokanee fishing..**berkley boy**
Posted by: 'Head hunter

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 11:42 AM

Thanks, Guys.
If I can get my partner outta bed before noon, we'll have a go at it on one of the days.
Any Springers still showing?
We saw some nice summer steel caught lower in the river last weekend, but didnt catch any ourselves...
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 12:17 PM

ill be there sunday or monday, berkboy- lots of people lots of fish.

Tyler
Posted by: KathyL

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 05:12 PM

I won't be there, but my 13 year old son will be, he is the cute blond boy smile
If you guys could do me a favor and keep an eye out for him please......he always takes way too many chances out ther wading (won't listen to mom of course)I would really appreciate it. His name is CR and a pretty darn good fisherman and a Great Sportsman!
Posted by: GutZ

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 05:21 PM

Kathy;
Please make sure he wears a PFD, be it inflatable, whatever. I have seen people go in there. Scary!
Posted by: schrambo

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 06:41 PM

rocklizard and I will there friday...skipping work, damn the luck huh!! like to hit barrier first for some quality combat time before we head down to BC so we can appreciate only 15 people hoarding a hole!!!! good luck~~~~~~~~~~~
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/23/02 07:47 PM

kathy if i see him ill tell him to be carefull the water in the tailout of that hole is VERY HEAVY! im campin down there this weekend!

Tyler
Posted by: KathyL

Re: who's fishing barrier this weekend? - 05/24/02 01:03 PM

Thanks all.......CR better be wearing a PFD....he promised he would. He is camping at BD Campground with his dad for the weekend.