Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books

Posted by: Dave D

Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/24/02 01:36 PM

The internet is full of these books which is the good one? I think I remember someone saying Bill Herzog has one on drift fishing which would probably be my first choice. Anyone read it, is it worth reading?
Posted by: Skywalker

Re: Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/24/02 01:51 PM

Yes! No, reading it won't mean you'll go out and catch fish right away (well, I didn't rolleyes ) , but it gets you in the ball park. Actually I should probably look at it again before next weekend....I'm sure I'm forgetting something. wink
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/24/02 02:22 PM

led thrower, the herzog book is best in my opinion. it covers everything from reading water tocolor choices in different conditions... get this book

i would rate this book 10 out of 5 laugh

Good Luck

Tyler
Posted by: KillerDave

Re: Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/24/02 04:11 PM

Get the Drift Fishing Video in STS with Nick Amato and Bill Herzog.

To start out, do what Nick does with the spinning tackle. After all, he did catch all but one of the fish (sorry Bill, it's true).

Next, get Bill's book. It's the best there is.
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/24/02 04:23 PM

Posted by: bardo

Re: Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/25/02 06:45 PM

i would try steelhead fishing by stan f_gerstrom. ( with an a) it is a useful book
Posted by: Fishaddict

Re: Drift Fishing For Steelhead Books - 05/26/02 07:46 AM

Lead Thrower

If you live in the Fife area stop by SportsCo. When you enter the store hang a right and there is a book section with all the above mentioned books and more. You can review them before you buy them that way you can purchase the Best book and have money left over to purchase what you need in the store.

In the Spring the Puyallup Fair grounds has a Sportsman Exposition. Many of these books are being sold for 25-30% off