A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack

Posted by: Sparkey

A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/01/02 02:36 AM

I hate vests as I have always found them way to constricting so the past couple years I have been fishing out of one of those killer Sage backpacks...throw it on the bank and fish a run.

Its a great tool for gear fishing when I am carrying a load of sh1t but when I am throwing the bugrod which is most of the summer and doing alot of walking, I dont need the cappacity of the backpack and I like fishing through a run and moving to the next, not having to walk back up to grab my bag.

For a while I was using my Guide Jacket as a vest because it worked great, except in the heat of the summer.

Well, I found the perfect compromise, it is the William Joseph Coastal Pack and is a cross between a vest and a backpack. It has an incredible amount of storage with a very intelligent design and TONS of kick ass features. Best of all it does NOT constrict my movement...especially nice for Spey casting. And because it has 3 differnt adjustments, there is an infinite amount of ways you can position it on your body to keep it out of the way.

Just thought I would pass it on since so many of us are always looking for the perfect way to carry all our crap with us on the river.

For more info see: William Joseph Coastal Pack
Posted by: Bugleman

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/02/02 10:25 PM

Which pouch is for sandshrimp and which one is for eggs?
Posted by: Divers

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/03/02 12:49 AM

Thats nicer then this one.
[img]http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/cgi-bin/pursuits/uploader.pl?action=view&epoch=1023079642[/img]
Posted by: Kid Sauk

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/03/02 01:59 AM

Upon closer inspection, I noticed that there is a blue tube running from the back of the pack down the front. I believe that the company who manufactures that pack calls it a "hydration bladder". That is the politically correct term for "booze tube". I mean c'mon, hydration bladder? More like drink it up and empty your bladder wink eek

It is a very nice pack and I hope it's not too $$$$$. I wouldn't mind having one for summer bank fishing expeditions. You got those at Kauffman's, Sparkey?
Posted by: Sparkey

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/03/02 03:11 AM

Justin-
I had been eyeing that pack since day one at K-man's. smile smile smile

Wasn't cheap though...standard retail is $120, booze bladder is another $20. Still cheaper then a Simms Guide Vest. smile
Posted by: JacobF

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/03/02 04:57 AM

Xtream makes the best vests out there, IMO laugh
Posted by: Osprey

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/04/02 02:43 PM

One of the best fisherman I know (Fuzzybutt)has been useing one for a few years now, He loves his.

wow Sparkey they must even make them in Litle Kid sizes too huh rolleyes ......Os
Posted by: thickline

Re: A Wicked Vest/Chest Pack - 06/04/02 08:09 PM

Ah Sparky been using that one for a while (coastal). BTW, got the book (super hatches) the other day thanks!!!