Headshots okay to keep?

Posted by: Dogfish

Headshots okay to keep? - 06/02/02 12:19 AM

Went fishing with Osprey and Dan S. today. We had the river all to ourselves, really. We hooked a few fish, but the only two fish we landed were mine. Question is, on a slow day like today is it okay to keep a headshot fish or two?

Here are the pictures, you make the call.

Here's a closeup, the hook is that red thing by my index finger.

By the way, the only two fish I caught were suckers wink , one on eggs, the other on a sandshrimp.

Dan, O's, Thanks for your guidance on my first trip in my new boat! I had a nice time on a great day.

Andy
Posted by: plug puller

Re: Headshots okay to keep? - 06/02/02 01:02 AM

Hey Andy,
I was at the sme place you guys were. I got 2 suckers also. And lost a nice steelie. On my float I only saw one other boat. it was a very pleasant day on the river. I have a sunburn to shot from it. Did you guys float above of below where you and I did lst winter? I did the same float we did. Take care and hopefully see you this summer.
chris
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Headshots okay to keep? - 06/02/02 01:51 AM

I gotta tell ya Andy.......if it wasn't for the questionable hook placement, I think you might have had a "cover-quality" photo there. laugh

Sure was a beeeeautiful day on the water today. Even though the suckers were the only ones that actually made it to the beach, it was still lots o' fun. Now you can work out the minor glitches in your craft, and get it set up just right.
Posted by: stilly bum

Re: Headshots okay to keep? - 06/02/02 12:41 PM

Those will smoke up nice.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Headshots okay to keep? - 06/03/02 08:57 AM

Andy, I think maybe you took the hook out of the mouth of that sucker and placed it outside the mouth so we wouldn't know you were actually targeting suckers!
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Headshots okay to keep? - 06/03/02 09:17 PM

Hi Chris,

We were up higher, take out at white bridge. Did a similar float on Sunday. Same crowd on Sunday as on Saturday, practically nobody. Looking forward to seeing you out there some time.

Andy
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Headshots okay to keep? - 06/04/02 12:06 AM

Hey Andy,

Here's a couple fish we dredged up just before the close in March. The fat hen came from the first hole we fished Saturday.