Sky reports?????

Posted by: Pmartin

Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 11:13 AM

Anyone hit the opener? Anyone action yet?
Posted by: Highliner

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 02:12 PM

Water was still high but the color seemed OK in the morning. For some reason the visibility got worse after noon. Only managed one fish.

Didn't see very many fish caught. I'm sure some did well but overall it wasn't like last year.
Posted by: mudduck

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 02:55 PM

River had good color. It was a little high for my favorite holes. Hooked 1 and lost it other than that pretty slow. Saw 2 other fish caught. Was great to be out fishing even though it was slow.

Worst day of fishing better than the best day of work smile

Rich
Posted by: Chromeo

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 04:32 PM

im about to head out... if i can get rid of this headache rolleyes . ill report

Tyler
Posted by: Cigar

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 05:11 PM

northforker,

Were those Springer or Steelhead you saw cought?

Cigar confused
Posted by: mudduck

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 07:01 PM

They were steelhead i do most of my fishing on the upper sky. I didn't check out the lower river for springer report. I'ld guess they prob. won't do very good till the end of June that's just a guess though.

The worst day of fishing is better than the best day of work smile

Rich
Posted by: bank walker

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/02/02 07:08 PM

Snow melt is in full force, visibility is good. Saw a good number of summers caught on the opener, seemed alot slower today. Holy smokes was it crowded though! eek
Posted by: Doubletake

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/03/02 12:07 AM

Went out this afternoon, yeah, the water is still high but color is getting better. Saw no fish caught and lost one nice steelie below hansen's. Good luck to all.

Kinda weird, first time ever I have had time to fish the summer run. Usually working 6 days a week.
Posted by: CraigO

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/03/02 10:11 AM

We did fairly well, two of us in the gray Lavro. We started at high bridge and landed 4 fish between their and Ben Howard. Two were 6-7lbs hatchery fish, the other two were natives approx 9lbs & 13lbs. At noon we talked to the rangers at the mouth of the Wallace and they said no kings yet. (We normally don't do that well-we were lucky)
Posted by: Todd

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/03/02 12:14 PM

We hit the cable hole at 4:30, saw about seven or eight fish hooked for around fifteen fishermen, all very pretty summer runs. I caught a small dolly, too.

River was very high, color was good.

Went up to the North Fork, water was very high and very clear...nothing.

Stopped by the Wallace hatchery, one summer and two winter runs in the pond...

Hit a few spots downstream near Monroe, but water was really starting to color up by early afternoon...called it a day.

No springers to report, seen or heard of.

Fish on...

Todd.
Posted by: stilly bum

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/03/02 07:11 PM

Lost two around Monroe Saturday morning. Saw one nice summer run caught.
Posted by: escapee

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/03/02 10:53 PM

We got one king on sat., two steelies today, 6 and 16 lbs., fishing out of the sled.
Posted by: Old Dory

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/04/02 01:55 PM

fished on monday caught 4 summer runs from Lewis street up to Sultan. There were a number of steelies taken by other boaters as well. no kings. Water clarity was about 3 to 4 feet.
Posted by: Bobber Down

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/04/02 02:49 PM

Fished the bank all day yesterday.

Landed a 31.5" - 11 pound hatchery summer buck in the upper river during the afternoon.

Earlier in the day witnessed fish being taken between Sultan & Monroe.

I only had one bite all day, but it was peeerrrffffeeeccctttt!

Fished Cowlitz on Saturday and saw many fish landed. I went O for 3, just not my day. Looks like were going to have a real good summer fishery this year!

BD
Posted by: $$B-MONEY$$

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/04/02 03:28 PM

Just to clarify, THEY ARE SUMMER CHINOOK, NOT SPRINGERS IN THE SKY!!!
Posted by: baitslinger

Re: Sky reports????? - 06/04/02 05:03 PM

Its been one summer run a day for me on upper snohomish-lower sky. Havent seen any kings rolling yet. River in great shape. Fished sf stilly after I got home from snoho today no fish but river in good shape.