Jet Sled Above Modrow on the Kalama

Posted by: T Dodge

Jet Sled Above Modrow on the Kalama - 06/02/02 03:58 PM

There was a jet sled way up above Modrow Bridge, on the Kalama, on Saturday. Did anyone encounter these fine gentlemen? Were they polite and courteous to all whom they encountered? Were they receptive to information that they were out of bounds? Did enforcement get there in time to give them a nice ticket for their trouble?
Posted by: willierower

Re: Jet Sled Above Modrow on the Kalama - 06/02/02 04:13 PM

T-Dodge,

Where they fishing or just playing around? If I read the rule right it is not illegal to run above Modrow Bridge. The rules states you can not fish from a boat equipted with a motor above Modrow bridge.

Im not trying to start an argument here. I agree that power boats have no place on the Kalma, its too small. Its just that I had that argument about sleds above Modrow with my roomate not too long ago. I bet him a case a beer that you could go above Modrow in a power boat according to the rule in the synopsis. I won laugh Those Corona's sure tasted good cool
Posted by: escapee

Re: Jet Sled Above Modrow on the Kalama - 06/03/02 12:03 AM

I may be sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong since I don't know what the rules are where you are talking about but sometimes even if the fish and game regs don't outlaw motors on a certain rivers, they just say you can't fish from one, it still illegal to run the boat there by local ordinance. That law wouldn't show up in the regs.