Anyone fish the Snoqualmie yet?

Posted by: JacobF

Anyone fish the Snoqualmie yet? - 06/05/02 10:49 PM

Has anyone give this river a try?
Posted by: Microfish

Re: Anyone fish the Snoqualmie yet? - 06/05/02 11:16 PM

Fished there today. River a bit higher than normal. As usual, the penguins are perched atop the big rock and the pools just below are a mess. Several folks plunking at the mouth of Tokul creek - one decent hachery fish caught. The river is not in prime shape, but better than the lower Sky. Is it just me, or do few people know (or care) about the selective gear rules on this river? Folks seem receptive to learning about the rules if you approach them, but why not post some signs? Uugh.
Posted by: Old Man

Re: Anyone fish the Snoqualmie yet? - 06/06/02 12:29 PM

Why put up signs,if you do kids will just pull them down. Whats wrong with just reading the regs. Most of the people here on this site read them before they go fishing at least I hope you do. I know I do so I won't be breaking the law and fishing where I'm not supposed to.

I see signs on the N/Fork of the Stilly stating that this is a fly fishing river only and they are all defaced and some people just ignore them and use spinning gear.

Some people are like horses that you can lead them to water but they just won't drink. mad
Posted by: GutZ

Re: Anyone fish the Snoqualmie yet? - 06/06/02 05:21 PM

Old Man;
Bring beer, that will get them to drink wink

The bait restriction has been in place for what, 5 years?