Fraser sockeye getting close!! Fishing Info.

Posted by: G-MAN

Fraser sockeye getting close!! Fishing Info. - 06/19/02 02:02 AM

Just found this site www.anglingbc.com wink
Good article on how to for reds.
Great article for bankies also.
Should have this type of info givin out to every new fisherman. laugh
Posted by: rln

Re: Fraser sockeye getting close!! Fishing Info. - 06/19/02 10:43 AM

The Fraser will be open for sockeye when the "summer" stocks return to the system. Right now the areas with early returning stocks are closed. Expect the river to open the first week of august for 10-14 days. Also there is good saltwater trolling for sockeye in alberni inlet right now for sockeye. The return there could reach as high as 1.1 million fish.
Posted by: Fish Jesus

Re: Fraser sockeye getting close!! Fishing Info. - 06/19/02 07:12 PM

G...did you check their forum?
Some cat felt the need to voice his disdain for STS and Bill H for encouraging Washingtonians to venture north. Then finished it off with a one liner about needing extra game law enforcement for the lawless hoard. rolleyes

I'm thinking he is a 10%er...because 90% of the Canadian fishermen I have either fished with or conversed with have been gratious and informative.

FJ...out.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Fraser sockeye getting close!! Fishing Info. - 06/19/02 08:51 PM

Did you find it curious that one needed to use green "wool" on their flossing rig? rolleyes laugh

I know some locals up there who said guys get riled up by the Yanks because we're not very good flossers, and we get in the way. laugh I told them they should see the "Snag King of the Satsop" in action and maybe they wouldn't feel that way. :p
Posted by: rln

Re: Fraser sockeye getting close!! Fishing Info. - 06/20/02 11:17 AM

when it comes to sockeye snagging, oops, I mean fishing in the Fraser up here , we have get a lot of redneck canadians out fishing. We get the good old fist fights, knivings and yes even police intervention at some locations, but usually this is reserved to the walk-in spots and not too many of the boat to places.Because of all the problems for the last couple of years a place called the "Scale bar" is closed to fishing now.