Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos

Posted by: yoadrian

Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos - 07/11/02 01:54 AM

I will be heading over to Westbeach for a couple of days. I recently caught a 12 lb nook off racoon point. Looking for any suggestion on the flood tide and ebb tides.

Thanks
Posted by: Bugleman

Re: Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos - 07/11/02 03:00 PM

I too am looking for San Juan fishing info. Will be in a 23' for a week starting next Thursday.
Posted by: mikvin

Re: Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos - 07/12/02 12:41 AM

I've fished area 7 a few times since the opener. The bite has been a little hit and miss all though I have caught fish each time. I have seen some of the locals with nice fish in the 20's. All mine have been in the low teens. I'll be fishing Sunday through Wednesday. Outgoing tides I will be at salmon banks were I have caught most my fish and incoming I will be on the west side of Orcas or the _______ side of Lopez were the locals are getting some nice kings. Email me for more details.
Posted by: fishkisser99

Re: Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos - 07/12/02 03:55 AM

I've been fishing the north shore of Orcas with spotty success...but it seems like most of the dedicated are getting their fish. Aw, shoot...was I supposed to say the ______ side of Orcas?

lol
Posted by: yoadrian

Re: Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos - 07/15/02 11:33 PM

I went out with my family and got some quality fishing in with a 11 month old son and a 4 year old. yeah right. No fish to report, but did see a couple of small coho brought in off of west beach. Also had motor trouble so was only able to get a couple of hours of fishing in. Maybe better luck next time.

frown
Posted by: Bugleman

Re: Area 7 anglers orcas, sucia, patos - 07/16/02 04:02 AM

Area 7 is now open for the retention of crab.