See you on Lk Washington!!!

Posted by: FishPirate

See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 07:51 PM

Sockeye on Lk Washington this weekend!!! See you there!

FP
Posted by: Downriggin

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 07:53 PM

Wow! Where did you hear that news....? Ok guys, the last time I fished on LW was the early 80's. I need directions and guidance..... help me out!

Downriggin'
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 07:59 PM

Lk. Washington sockeye will once again control my life for the four day season.See ya out there.Good luck,
STRIKE ZONE
P.S. Can't wait,I'll launch tomorrow night as I have moorage on the lake.
Posted by: Fishslayer75

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 08:41 PM

Where did this info come from????????????
Posted by: K B

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 08:47 PM

Here it is http://www.wa.gov/wdfw/fish/regs/regchng/jul2202a.htm
Posted by: Fishslayer75

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 09:10 PM

Thanks guys, I just recived a phone as I hit the post button. See ya on the water laugh :p cool
Posted by: AkKings

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 11:04 PM

Won't see me there, don't want any part of that mess.
Think i'll make a trip down to Blue Creek and enjoy the peace and solitude. wink
Posted by: Divers

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 11:06 PM

I know the counts are lower then last week but I have noticed that every time the locks open and the boats come through there seems to be a big school that comes up with them. So these are really not being counted since they are not going through the ladder. I can see hundreds and hundres of Sockeyes in front of my office every day and it does not seem to end. Now I can finaly target these guys in the lake this weekend.

The other thing I was wondering was I know you can't fish for any thing till you are above the 400' mark above the locks for steelhead and other gamefish and no Salmon. But there are guys fishing from private piers and slips just above the 400' mark. I told them you can't fish for Sockeye unless it is open and when it is open you can fish only south of the 520 bridge.
They told me its private property and the F&G never had problems with it. I have even witnessed the Coast guard , Harbor Patrol and even a fish checkers boat go by these guys and said nothing other then wave and ask how they are doing. Is this true about the private property exemption?

Any ways good luck to all on the lake this week.
See you out there.
Posted by: Never Enough Nookie

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/22/02 11:48 PM

Divers,
The same fish counters that are counting inside the ladder every ten miutes come out and do there best to count the fish that move through the large locks too. Not the greatest science in the world but they do try thier hardest.
Can not help on the pople fishing in the ship canel, but I can almost guarentee that their is no private exclusionary zone.

NEN cool
Posted by: HBP

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/23/02 12:39 AM

Can you say Clusterf**k? laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: K B

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/23/02 12:49 AM

It will be a blast...can't wait for a yellow pole long liner to hook my downrigger LOL
Posted by: StorminN

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/23/02 05:16 AM

Hey Downriggin,

All the things you need to know are in the new Salmon University article by Tom Nelson, check it out here:
http://www.salmonuniversity.com/psn_lake_washington.html

Have fun,

-N.
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: See you on Lk Washington!!! - 07/23/02 09:30 AM

Good article!