La Push questions and coordinates

Posted by: Never Enough Nookie

La Push questions and coordinates - 08/01/02 12:43 AM

My budy and I are heading to La Push (first time)Thursday afternoon and hoping to get out Thursday evening. The question that I had was do we need to run all the way to the rock pile to catch fish, or is there some where a little closer. We plan on going out 10-12 miles on Friday but Thursday night we may not get there till 5 pm and would like to give it a try but not neccesarily run all the way out.
The other question is that if we do get there early enough and do run out does some one have GPS coordinnates for the area the fish are at.
Thanks in advance, I will post how we do when we return. laugh laugh

NEN cool
Posted by: StorminN

Re: La Push questions and coordinates - 08/01/02 03:29 AM

Hey NEN,

I haven't fished LaPush since Sunday, but the fish were close in then, only about 3 miles out, to the southwest past the "Q" buoy. The guy to call would be Larry Williamson at Admiralty Charters, 360-417-2875, he's fishing there and really knows his stuff.

The thing about LaPush is that you COULD catch fish right there at James Island... you never know... when you run out 3, 7, 11 miles, you always mark lots of fish on the way. The fish move around every day, so it's good to ask around on the docks and listen for tips.

-N.