1st time salmon fisherman; where do I go?

Posted by: crwcbtrk

1st time salmon fisherman; where do I go? - 08/08/02 04:55 AM

I'm taking a friend out Friday morning about 6:30 to try our hand at catching Salmon.
I have been in contact with Mike at Ted's Sport Center (just like hunting, you can't leave there without buying something!)
talking about the pros/cons of fishing Possession Point north to the Tulalip Bubble. THe biggest pro to the "bubble" is keeping Kings, but the odds are worse, I hear.

Any sincere advice from some of you experienced anglers would be appreciated.

Thanks and good luck to all.
Posted by: Fishslayer75

Re: 1st time salmon fisherman; where do I go? - 08/08/02 11:37 AM

Might want to try down south in elliot bay. There are a lot of fish in there right now and catch rates have been good. Best times are early am or late in the day. You also have a good shot at some hogs. Mid to late 20's is not uncommon. Good luck!
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: 1st time salmon fisherman; where do I go? - 08/08/02 10:57 PM

Where ever you fish, make sure you have your line in the water at the tide change. Very, very important!
Posted by: Sullie

Re: 1st time salmon fisherman; where do I go? - 08/08/02 11:10 PM

i am goin to possesion point this sunday. i heard that people were pullin fish from there. people told me to use green/glow hoochies and glow hoochies behind a green hotspot doger/flasher, with a piece of hearing.
Posted by: crwcbtrk

Re: 1st time salmon fisherman; where do I go? - 08/09/02 03:37 AM

Thanks for the help everyone. WE will try our limited skill, and hopefully lots of luck, in Elliot Bay later today. There'll be more time to fish up north here later.

I'll be back to report on our day.

Matt