Dolphin Point info

Posted by: charr

Dolphin Point info - 08/30/02 03:39 PM

Has anybody been fishing Dolphin Point with any success? You can e-mail me if you don't want to give out too much info.
Thanks cool
Posted by: golfer

Re: Dolphin Point info - 08/30/02 04:59 PM

Too much info? Man that's why I check the board out. Actually I am fishing there this weekend and am also curious.....
Posted by: $$B-MONEY$$

Re: Dolphin Point info - 08/30/02 06:03 PM

Its been OK. There is so much bait! Try southworth too, it was good 2 nights ago, we got 2 kings and a resident ho. All trolling straight herring off riggers. On our way home we stopped by 3 tree point, "my back yard". I saw the most crazy bait ball attack ever. We saw kings ho's and cutts ripping up bait right at the point. It was pretty cool fish busting everywhere, right on the beach. laugh laugh laugh
Posted by: golfer

Re: Dolphin Point info - 08/30/02 10:15 PM

Thanks...

Re: Dolphin Point info - 08/31/02 12:53 PM

Thanks for the info guys, I really appreciate it. I'll post how I do on Sunday. I just got a new boat and I'm bustin at the seams to get out and fish with it!!!!!!!
Craig laugh
Posted by: bigb8bigfish

Re: Dolphin Point info - 08/31/02 04:37 PM

Well here's the scoop. Got out dark o'clock from armeni and hit a buch of rollers from who knows where, but didn't see any large ships. Thought I was at Westport. Went to threetree and saw ton-o-bait all over. Stopped the boat along the way and could see nothing but the flourcent flashes all over. That wasn't anything till we got down to threetree. When it got a little lighter, you could see groups of bait balls all around the boat. Didn't see any action for Kings, but, Blackmouth and silvers kept us busy until the change. Didn't see any nets come up at all. Majority of the fish were barely sub leagal but managed to keep a silver about 4#s. Didn't get to fish after the tide. On the way back up hit the fog from about Brace all the way to the ramp and was no fun. Almost ran into a couple of boats fishing the litehouse at west seattle. eek eek eek

Robert

---------------

"DO THE WILD THANG"

Re: Dolphin Point info - 09/01/02 10:48 PM

Just got back from an all day adventure at Dolphin Point and Southworth. Lots and lots of bait but no fish. I seen 1 Silver caught at Dolphin. Where did all the Kings disappear to?
On my way back to Elliott I stopped along a scum line off Alki light house and picked up 2- 6# Silvers.
So the day was not a loss and it looks like some resident Silvers are starting to show up.
I fished a cut plug with a 2oz banana weight 30 pulls behind the boat at 2 mph.