BANK FISHING

Posted by: ladyjessica

BANK FISHING - 08/31/02 06:11 PM

I usually fish the Lewis. I have modified my step up a bit.
I am using a longer leader and less weight. But still no fish.
I wanted to know what are my chances of landed a fish on the shore?
The biggest question I have is where can I get fresh salmon eggs. I have been using
Salmon eggs I buy at GI Joes but I have heard fresh eggs are better so where are
these magic fresh eggs found if you can't catch a fish carrying eggs.
Thank you
Posted by: philpac33

Re: BANK FISHING - 08/31/02 07:35 PM

i picked up some fresh eggs this morning, they're sitting in cure right now....you could buy some from the tribes(i don't condone such behavior) or you could get them just like everyone else....catch a hen...as a matter of fact, some 10 year old kid offered me his eggs(oops, forgot to grab them before i left but a 20# hen will sufffice)
Posted by: Hntr1

Re: BANK FISHING - 08/31/02 07:58 PM

Yes Fresh bait will definately help your chances!!! but dont use to big of baits if the water is low and clear or just clear. small nickle sized or smaller baits will do the job. try ussing 10lb main line and 8lb leader. Leader length should be around 4ft and lead length will be determined by the water movent and depth. Try ussing a small pink pearl corky also.
And yes landing fish can be accomplished from shore, just make sure you have a landing area and scope out the surounding river for areas that fish will run to to break you off or get the line wraped around.

Good Luck and let us know how you fair.
Posted by: ramstrong

Re: BANK FISHING - 09/01/02 12:53 AM

If you don't have any friends with fresh eggs, and you need some starters I'd recommend Amerman eggs. You can buy fresh and cure them yourself, or buy them pre cured.

Here's his site. www.ifish.net/amer.html

Any way you slice it. Definately a better product than that D&G crap at GI Joe's/Fishermans.
Posted by: S W J

Re: BANK FISHING - 09/01/02 05:28 PM

Doesn't anyone check The Fishing Gear Classifieds, I've been posting fresh(and now cured) eggs for the last three weeks. Email me red_eggs@yahoo.com
and I'll give you the low down