You people are great!!

Posted by: baddawg

You people are great!! - 09/13/02 12:45 PM

I just returned from Canada with my new 8hp long shaft honda kicker and i got it for less money than I ever thought possible. Without you people I would never have know about the difference in prices between here and the great north. Thanks for all your insight. laugh laugh
Posted by: Waiteman

Re: You people are great!! - 09/13/02 01:22 PM

What was the difference in price and how much did you end up paying? I'm in the market for a small Honda 4 stroke.
Posted by: baddawg

Re: You people are great!! - 09/13/02 01:51 PM

I payed $2512 can. total then you take out the GST tax that you get rebated at the border, and you get down to $2342 can. I got an exchange rate of 1.57 it came to a total of about $1495 us. Well worth the trip to langley to pick it up. do a search on canda outboards on this site and you will get some great info. Be aware of the possible warranty issues associated with purchasing in canda. All in all a great deal. If you want a price quote call Galleon Marine in Langley at 604 514 0460.
Posted by: Little Fish

Re: You people are great!! - 09/13/02 02:16 PM

Baddawg,
Glad to hear you got a good deal. I was up there last week picking up a Yami 8 horse kicker. Got it used after spotting it on buysell.com and saved even more. Now, I just need to get busy and catch some fishies.
JMS