Area 9/8-2 Report Anyone? - Mon., Tues.

Posted by: fin addict

Area 9/8-2 Report Anyone? - Mon., Tues. - 10/02/02 01:21 AM

Heading out in the a.m., anyone get out today or yesterday - if so, how did you do?
Posted by: fish'nfool

Re: Area 9/8-2 Report Anyone? - Mon., Tues. - 10/02/02 11:07 AM

Went out Saturday mid-day and caught two, then went out Monday morning at the crack of dawn and hooked into a bunch but only got two into the boat. The buddy I went out with Monday morning went out again Tues. and got two again but said that he didn't get as many strikes as we did on Monday. There was also a lot of sea lions out eating fish Monday morning. We fished from Mulkiteo to Shipwreck with green flashers and glow in the dark hoochies smothered in herring oil and ran a coyote spoon behind a small dodger on some lightweight gear.

Good luck
Posted by: chaser

Re: Area 9/8-2 Report Anyone? - Mon., Tues. - 10/02/02 07:41 PM

fished yesterday and the schools are in! Got 10 & 11 lbers out in the middle along the area 8-2 & 9 boundry. Silvers jumping all around and getting them between 75 & 90 ft deep
Posted by: fin addict

Re: Area 9/8-2 Report Anyone? - Mon., Tues. - 10/02/02 09:39 PM

It was dead slow this morning (Wednesday), I did see the sea lions but from 7 am to 10 am I did not see a single fish caught. Was fortunate enuf to hook and release a 20 lb. King, of course you end up feeling like sh_t that it nearly kills them to get them to the boat to be released. We went up into the river (Snohomish) and pulled some spinners through a ton of silvers that were jumping there. These might be the "schools" of fish that were in Tuesday.