Shipwreck or Lower Snohomish this Friday ????

Posted by: JRfishing

Shipwreck or Lower Snohomish this Friday ???? - 10/03/02 08:22 PM

I have this Friday afternoon from about 1pm-5pm to help two kids get their first salmon ever. Their grandfather is great friend and boss, I would really welcome any input on where to go. I have a 20' sled with dowriggers so the sound is not a problem unless it gets to windy. I have not had a chance to fish shipwreck this year but i hear it's ok in the morning and not so good in the afternoon. With this little bit of rain and cooler temp. maybe the river bite will come on not sure. Please help, would love to get one or two coho and make some smiles.
PS will see you down on the Chehalis this weekend for F 6.9 wink
Posted by: Sullie

Re: Shipwreck or Lower Snohomish this Friday ???? - 10/03/02 10:11 PM

i havent heard any reports for shipwreck lately but have seen nice fish pulled out of the river. if i was goin i would go to the river. good luck
Posted by: silver hilton

Re: Shipwreck or Lower Snohomish this Friday ???? - 10/03/02 10:14 PM

Decent early morning bite on the lower river this morning. Several boats limited, though not us. frown We got one, and then things seemed to die. I think if you catch the outgoing tide, which should be during the time you are talking about, you should do OK.
Posted by: JRfishing

Re: Shipwreck or Lower Snohomish this Friday ???? - 10/03/02 10:49 PM

Sullie & Silver thanks for the advice, can ask what did you use. I have some fat fish and dick nites, what colors did you see working ???
thanks again.
Posted by: Asteiger

Re: Shipwreck or Lower Snohomish this Friday ???? - 10/03/02 11:46 PM

my advice hit the river, with dick nites, you can't go wrong with 50/50 either the big ones or the wee's michael jackson is a nother good color, and green and white all of em seem to be good colors. If those arent working toss some spinners at em maybe that would get em goin it's realy hit or miss still. We still need more rain. If hitting the salt, i've been using a delta diver followed by a coho killer. Start around 40 and keep goin down as the day progresses. hope this helps.

Skeets