driftboat help

Posted by: steeliekatcher

driftboat help - 10/07/02 08:59 PM

anyone out there have any advice on keeping the fish they catch as far as where they keep them in a driftboat if there is no fish box do you carry a large icechest or just leave them on the bottom of the any advice would be great
Posted by: Fish Stalker

Re: driftboat help - 10/07/02 09:34 PM

I have a fish box in my boat, but after that gets filled up laugh I just throw em on the floor, and there nice to keep looking at!!! another thing that a budy of mine does is put a big cooler behind the rower seat half full of ice and throws his fish in there and you can keep your drinks cold that way also!

CatchAzz cool
Posted by: Periwinkle

Re: driftboat help - 10/08/02 12:44 AM

I've always used burlap gunny sack s (two) ,keep it wet, works well even in the summer.. Not sure of the 'cooling dynamics' but it has always worked. (on the floor of the DB. smile
Posted by: Chubbytyee

Re: driftboat help - 10/08/02 02:42 PM

Ive got a platic storage tub from Walmart that fits on the floor under the front seat and in between the two floor boards. I think there around ten dollars so it's not a great expense to replace it every so many years. Also on occasions Ive tethered fish on a rope with clips to keep them fresher in the summer months.
Posted by: Kyle_A

Re: driftboat help - 10/08/02 03:26 PM

Give Holiday Market in Burlington a call. They have a great tackle store and usually have fish boxes used to pack fish in Alaska. They are thick plastic, wont bend or give, about 48" wide, 12" deep and 18" wide. No lid, they slide perfectly under the front seat of a drift boat.
Posted by: BossMan

Re: driftboat help - 10/08/02 08:28 PM

I got a rubbermaid under bed storage box. Its a great size don't know exact dimensions, but its thin, wide and long, perfect for holding fish. I slide it under my rowers seat.

I also keep my fish in a burlap sack that I keep wet. If its warm out I'll also bring some ice in a six pack cooler and throw it in the sack with the fish. The ice will usually last all day in the wet sack.

I got my box at Fred Meyer.
Posted by: GutZ

Re: driftboat help - 10/09/02 03:00 PM

Just throw 'em in with the beer.