Puyallup and Cabon Rivers ?

Posted by: gas doc

Puyallup and Cabon Rivers ? - 10/09/02 01:30 AM

I'm new to this web site and new to fishing in general so please forgive the ignorance.

After living in the NW for more than 25 years I started fishing 3 weeks ago. First trip was with my 2 boys to the Puyallup and we took home a small, but nice Silver. Since then I've been up to the Carbon at various spots. Hooked several fish and lost a few too. I've seen many fish taken but now seems a bit slow. Have the Silvers come and gone? Has the weather held the fish from coming up the river in which case we may yet see better fishing?

Just a side note. While on the Carbon, having been there for hours and no luck, a couple of obviously experienced gentlemen pull up right next to my father-in-law and myself and immediately reel a nice fish in. Next thing you know the other guy hooks a fish and hands his pole to my 5 year old son and they land a nice fish together with some effort.

My hat is off to this gentleman. My son talked for days about his fish and is always ready to go if I talk about fishing. Thank you. I now have a great fishing partner thanks to your generosity smile
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Puyallup and Cabon Rivers ? - 10/09/02 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by gas doc:

Next thing you know the other guy hooks a fish and hands his pole to my 5 year old son and they land a nice fish together with some effort.

smile
What a sportsman. This is where it all begins. smile
Posted by: Cyclops

Re: Puyallup and Cabon Rivers ? - 10/09/02 02:45 AM

Was on the puyallup last Saturday and by god there is still fish coming in!!! Let me give you some tips. Use 2 #2 good quality hooks tied about 3/4" apart on a 4' leader with a small peach corkie, and a little cerise yarn. Scent it with shrimp salt smelly jelly. And fish near the tail outs. Only use enough lead to just tic bottom a couple times. And set the hook on anything that makes your cojones tingle.
Have fun!
Posted by: Metalhead Mojo

Re: Puyallup and Cabon Rivers ? - 10/09/02 04:31 AM

it was red hot on the puyallup last week until it rained thursday morning...give it a few days more for the mud to wash out, then expect more fish. i would fish the green until the puyallup is back in shape again, its been picking up since the puyallup blew.
Posted by: BillyBob

Re: Puyallup and Cabon Rivers ? - 10/09/02 09:02 AM

I am glad to hear something good about the Carbon. Most of the people I run into there are really cool, but it always seems the bad apples give the river a bad name.

I just get all tingly inside when I hear about a youngster getting their first salmon. That kid is probably still going to bed with a smile on his face. It sure would be nice if you had a picture to post for all of us to see.

Maybe I'll see you and your boy out there sometime.