Stock Up on Your Bug Spray

Posted by: Sparkey

Stock Up on Your Bug Spray - 10/25/02 01:35 AM

I guess we all knew this would happen sooner or later...but I have to admit, the West Nile Virus has made it's way to our backyard alot faster then I thought.

West Nile in Snoho. County
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Stock Up on Your Bug Spray - 10/25/02 01:52 AM

Im sure are long summer(which is still here) has helped the virus make its way here. If we would have had normal conditions the masquitos would have been gone a few weeks ago. The gardens are still growing, the flowers are still blooming, the bees are still buzzing. Elnino can do strange things.

Not even much of an Elnino. the Ocean temps barely rose but we sure are having very strange weather never the less.
Posted by: seaweed

Re: Stock Up on Your Bug Spray - 10/25/02 02:51 AM

eek
Take that bug spray seriously. We had a gal
take sick...she actually came out here from
Minnesota or somewhere like that and was
already sick...
Early morning and early evening is the most
problem. But unless we bet a freeze, we have mosquitoes all year where I am and it is very citified but we happen to have a lot of groundwater around with a lot of trees. smile One interesting piece is that last year we had the vector control out and when she showed us about water left standing, she also showed us holes in trees
that hold water and told us to fill them with sand. Seems like that would be a good community activity for scouts...I wouldn't mind having them search our property around our
patio looking for holes. They could earn a small fee.