Chums in the skok?

Posted by: fromcuthroattosteelies

Chums in the skok? - 10/25/02 01:09 PM

How's it lookin right now. Any silvers left?
Posted by: Metalhead Mojo

Re: Chums in the skok? - 10/25/02 08:00 PM

i dont know if you can call it a river anymore, barely any water flowing
Posted by: Potaire

Re: Chums in the skok? - 10/25/02 11:10 PM

Was there yesterday. Can see bottom whole way across river--water crystal clear (what there is of it). Saw a few boots--didn't even get a hit in a hole that produced a hooked fish every 6 minutes last year (10/hour average). Hopefully the Chums are yet to arrive.
Posted by: philpac33

Re: Chums in the skok? - 10/27/02 12:23 AM

i know of one spot and one spot only on the skok which produces bright silvers everyday... i never fish it though, shoulder to shoulder drifting between pilings 12 feet apart...9 out of 10 fish foul hooked yet still get the boulder in the head.. the technique there is cast, lead sinks, ready...PULL! i did see two guys take one step too many toward the hole and go head under yesterday LMAO!! low low low water levels, chums are pooled up but getting a bite is nearly impossible lately. i stood up high on a log above a deep pool loaded with chums...eggs(really good eggs if i might add) under a float...crystal clear water allows me to easily see my bait bumping off their nose without any takers...don't waste your time unless you want to join the snagfest but beware- the man IS watching...several tickets being handed out..i'd suggest another fishery..
Posted by: ROCKFISH

Re: Chums in the skok? - 10/27/02 04:02 PM

under that log jam on old purdy cut off is loaded with silvers, but try gettin them to come out and play.