blackmouth

Posted by: seastrike

blackmouth - 11/05/02 12:42 PM

Has anyone done any good on blackmouth in 9 or 10 this past week? The tides look dificult this weekend but I'm going to give it a shot.
Dave
Posted by: Downriggin

Re: blackmouth - 11/05/02 04:32 PM

Seastrike,

Rumor has it that Southworth is doing a fair job of pumping out BM...

Strong tides can influence the bite however,
when I am fishing the big tide swings, I fish really deep (180'+) out of the current.

There are a few deep ledges off the west side of Blake Island that might be worth a shot. zip zip zip

Downriggin'
Posted by: Never Enough Nookie

Re: blackmouth - 11/05/02 06:59 PM

Gave Manchester a try out this morning. A couple 18-20 inch shakers as close as we got. Each had a fish on momentarily that felt good, though. Not alot of bait action either. Any body else having any luck. I heard that even MCB was slow. Nice day to be on the water though rolleyes

NEN cool
Posted by: Chip Goodhue

Re: blackmouth - 11/05/02 08:24 PM

The area inside of Blake Rock is always a good bet and never gets much tide. Also try inside of Blakely Harbor (troll the 60' edge along either side way up into the boat basin), or inside of Eagle Harbor working the area from the ferry terminal to the old Wyckoff site. For some reason, these harbors can be really good this time of year and often produce very large blackmouth. Last year during the December short season, Eagle Harbor consistently produced 10-12 pound blackmouth - many of these fish had 12" long horse herring in them - probably what lures them in. Best time seems to be high slack and first coupel of hours of falling tide.