spray truck bed liner in driftboat

Posted by: havnfun

spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/06/02 09:14 PM

inside of me DB needs to be painted,its black/spectled white now mostly was thinking about getting it either sprayed or buy a can of bedliner paint. anybody else ever try this stuff? huh
Posted by: h2o

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/06/02 09:23 PM

I've heard of putting it on the bottom of the boat...but inside?

Seems like it might take more than a can and add significant weight.

Whats wrong with good old fashioned paint?
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/07/02 12:06 AM

G-Man coated the inside of his sled with bedliner.....can't remember which brand....but it looks good and looks like it'll be a very long lasting durable nonskid or scuff surface....the weight thing might be something to consider....he put it on thick so maybe 50 lbs at most. Not a river boat owner so not an expert on the weight thing. laugh
Posted by: Periwinkle

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/07/02 01:02 AM

Why not just get a gallon of gel-coat. Clean the surface, put a little tooth in with a sander. Vacuum and then roll on gel-coat and sprinkle on a nonslip substance..... You would need to do it inside now,,,,,,and it would help if it was warmer... I have re-done my outer sides and bottom that way -- turned out great. A gallon only weighs about 3 pounds or so.. Good luck,,,,,but you will need a shed for whatever you do. smile
Posted by: chumsalmon

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/07/02 11:20 AM

one of the brands of the paint on bed liner material is called "hurculiner" (not sure on the spelling) my father painted the bottom of his drift boat with it, and man is that stuff tough! i watched him and his buddy drag the boat up a steep bank and onto a gravel road and it didn't even scatch that sutff! I've seen it painted on the inside of several boats (wood boats) and they claim it is a great ! Hope this helps.
chum wink
Posted by: BERKLEY BOY75

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/07/02 11:36 AM

at boeing surplus they have rolls of the black, adhesive on the back, non skid material, may be a cheaper alternative..i think they may use it in the airplanes, but im not sure where they would apply this stuff...
Posted by: Roaddog

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/07/02 11:45 AM

I used alot of that spray on bed liner this summer on both my boats and its holding up great. I rebuilt the transom on my lake boat and used the stuff as a final coat. Also used it on the floor, no problems so far. Fred Meyer seems to have the best deal on it, larger can for about half the price. Its in the automotive section. Just make sure your surface is prepped properly otherwise the stuff will bubble right up and not stick. Good luck.
Posted by: Kyle_A

Re: spray truck bed liner in driftboat - 11/08/02 12:44 PM

BigOne, the stuff you want is called Zolotone, and you can get a cheapo hand sprayer along with the paint and do it yourself. I'd recommend having a pro do it though. Bed liner would add significant weight. To get a comparison, go pick up and can of bedliner and note the weight, then go to your local auto body paint store and check out how much lighter a can of Zolotone is. Here is there URL with more info. http://www.zolatoneaim.com/