Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish

Posted by: Chum Eater

Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/20/02 02:48 PM

I understand the concept and the application, I am curious about what you soak them in prior to fishing and ways of transporting the pre-wrapped fish presents to the river and storing them in the boat for the day???? Also, how do you know if you should re-rig with a new kwikie and sardine? time in water etc????
Posted by: Lifeisgreat

Re: Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/20/02 04:22 PM

My kid found an article in STS, said to use a 6 pack type cooler drill some holes along the top edge and hang prewraped kwikes by the hooks. Works great! I like to wrap mine the night before place the cooler and all in the freezer. I use anise type smells on mine, chum seem to like it. Cut the remainder of your fillets and put them in sandwhich bags in the cooler also. This is kudo's for my 13yo son whom I sometimes don't listen to.
Posted by: silver hilton

Re: Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/20/02 05:25 PM

I don't usually soak them in anything, but I got taken to school by a guy anchored next to me on the columbia this spring. He hooked 11 to our 2. He was using Pro cure's brine, possibly adulterated with some other secret sauce. I think the brine mattered, because we were marking fish after fish that went under us, and they weren't biting. We were using plain wraps, changed every hour or so. Sometimes I'll refresh them with Sardine oil or shrimp oil. Sometimes a little WD-40 as well.
Posted by: Lifeisgreat

Re: Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/21/02 08:21 PM

Ok here's a pic of how I store mine prior to hitting the river, no their not wrapped yet waiting for the sardines to thaw!
http://www.pixhost.com/pixs/scfd454/im001634.jpg
Posted by: JRfishing

Re: Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/22/02 12:53 AM

I brine the sardine if it is not fresh, simple salt or pro cure brine works great. Hard to beat fresh bait handled with gloved hands. Protects you from the bait and the bait from you. Hope this helps.
PS wash your plugs when done, nothing worse than old sardine .
Posted by: superfly

Re: Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/22/02 03:01 AM

One Word Clowns
RUBBERMAID
Peace Superfly
Posted by: starcraft tom

Re: Sardine Wrapped Kwik Fish - 11/22/02 12:30 PM

I prewrap mine the night before and put then in the fridge in a zip lock bag. I always let the plugs soak in whatever secent Iam using. its good to wrap the center hook to the plug instead of letting it danggle. iam new to this area. where on the shohomiosh can a ancher up with my boat and plug. its a 18 ft starcraft with out board prop.. i always have room if anyone wants to show me the river. Tom