I have a leaky valve!

Posted by: Gusty

I have a leaky valve! - 12/09/02 08:46 PM

I've got an outcast pac 800 where one of the valves is leaking. The good thing is that the outer seal/cap keeps the air inside, but if that gets loose, I lose air quickly.

Can these things be adjusted? and how?

Where would I get a good deal on buying a new valve?

Does anyone in the greater Everett/Lynnwood area service these tubes to replace the valves? or is it easy enough that an idiot like me could pop in a new one?

Muchas gracias for the assistance.
smile wink
Posted by: BBpontoons

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/09/02 10:56 PM

Yea Gusty shoot me an email I repair inflatables.
Scott
Posted by: Sparkey

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/09/02 11:00 PM

Gusty-
Considering Outcast's quick and freindly service, I would suggest taking the boat to the dealer where you purchased it so they can send it back.

Outcast will get the boat back to stock for no charge.
Posted by: TW

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/09/02 11:47 PM

Swiftwater in Seattle is a whitewater raft dealer. They carry Aire and Outcast rafts. He has valves, patches etc. He can set you up with whatever you need. I carry spare valves and a patch kit for my AIRE cataraft when going on overnight floats. Hope this helps.
Tom
Posted by: Osprey

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/10/02 01:26 PM

You probably have something stuck in the valve causing it not to seal.

TW thats a fine lookin boat you have beer .....Os
Posted by: Old Chum

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/10/02 07:55 PM

I agree with Osprey. If it is like the valve in my Buck's boat then there is a lot of surface area where the valve seats. My father in law had the idea of inflating his boat one time with his shop vac. In the process he blew stuff (dirt, sawdust...) into the boat but what really got him is that it goofed up the valve from sealing.
Posted by: TW

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/11/02 01:18 AM

Osprey...
It all starts with the frame. wink
Posted by: Osprey

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/11/02 12:24 PM

Those valves screw apart,so you can clean them.It's probably a piece of sand or junk. It's amazing how those zippers can hold air pressure hello .......Os
Posted by: Gusty

Re: I have a leaky valve! - 12/11/02 07:17 PM

Thanks all for the replies. I have never taken mine apart and will order the wrench to do so to see if I can clean it and fix it.

If not, Scott offered to help me out...Thanks!!