Cowlitz in Shape?

Posted by: Klick Killer

Cowlitz in Shape? - 12/15/02 01:31 AM

Is the cowlitz blown out? or does it blow out? may be odd questions but im very unfamiliar with the river. Thanks for any help!
Posted by: goharley

Re: Cowlitz in Shape? - 12/15/02 02:45 AM

The Cowlitz doesn't really blow out, per se, since it is dam(n) controlled. Right now it is running at summer levels. You can keep track of it and other rivers at this site:

http://wa.water.usgs.gov/realtime/rt_nwisweb_views.html
Posted by: Fishaddict

Re: Cowlitz in Shape? - 12/15/02 07:43 AM

Harley is right

Very seldom do you ever have to worry about the MIGHTY COW! When the water level gets around 10,000-12,000 I would start calling Barrier Dam tackle shop for current conditions. ( 360-985-2495 ) Over the past 12 years the only time I didnt fish it was when it overflowed its banks and the water was about 6 inch visability. Right now with the current rains I would keep a close eye on the river levels. When the dams start releasing water YOU WANT TO BE ON THE RIVER!!!
Posted by: cowlitzfisherman

Re: Cowlitz in Shape? - 12/15/02 10:19 AM

Yesterday there were "whitecaps" at the Toledo Bridge! The only problem that you may encounter this week end is a "blow out" of boats! It's been pretty windy with lots of limbs and junk floating by. Pretty darn hard to drift fish or pull plugs in those kind of conditions anywhere.

Looks like more of the same today!