priceless

Posted by: Metalhead Mojo

priceless - 12/22/02 10:22 PM

Fill the tank with unleaded the night before - $20.00
Stop to pick up a Sobe along the way - $1.49
Some idiot in a 18' sled runs up through the S-Curves and tries to spray us along the bank - annoying
Watching him high-center on a too-shallow gravel bar, and have to spend the next 20 minutes pushing... PRICELESS
beer

Posted by: centerpin

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 10:31 PM

MoJo is that 2bit on the Sky?
Posted by: bank walker

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 10:32 PM

Another sled pissing off fish and fisherman evil slap
Posted by: Metalhead Mojo

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 10:41 PM

S-Curves on the Satsop saturday morning. that was the first time i saw a sled that far up the river, hopefully he learned his lesson. i think he made it without sucking any gravel into the pump...too bad.
Posted by: Easy Limits

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 11:04 PM

Great picture! You gotta laugh.....don't ya? rofl
Posted by: fp

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 11:05 PM

Oh, what a great report.

Thank you,

fp

P.S. Ha
Posted by: Sparkey

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 11:29 PM

In a situation such as this, you gotta hope that yhe morons involved read the board!! :p
Posted by: Bob

Re: priceless - 12/22/02 11:44 PM

First rule of fishing ... only those in driftboats can say: "We can go anywhere!" :p
Posted by: RockLizard

Re: priceless - 12/23/02 12:02 AM

A sled running up to the S curves on the Sop ? You gotta be kidding. Its guys like this that give the rest of the sled runners a bad name, gotta say they deserved that, unless they plead complete ignorance(not knowing the river)..even then they still deserve it a bit.
RL
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: priceless - 12/23/02 12:48 AM

Man, that's rich. laugh

Any sled above the Turnow branch deserves every rock they get in their impeller. evil
Posted by: Salty Dog

Re: priceless - 12/23/02 02:01 AM

They should keep all the sleds below the west fork. Three years ago I saw a sled go down in the s-curves what a sight.
Posted by: KingFisher85

Re: priceless - 12/23/02 04:06 AM

What comes around goes around laugh
Posted by: Sullie

Re: priceless - 12/24/02 01:44 AM

gotta laugh at that! rofl
Posted by: Stew

Re: priceless - 12/24/02 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AuntyM:
Satsop? laugh Gravel Bar? laugh

Was the driver really tall, with a funny lookin nose and shaved head? It could have been Slot Cutter himself! laugh :p laugh
Ouch!!!!!! my back still hurts rolleyes
Posted by: master aviator

Re: priceless - 12/27/02 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Metalhead Mojo:
Fill the tank with unleaded the night before - $20.00
Stop to pick up a Sobe along the way - $1.49
Some idiot in a 18' sled runs up through the S-Curves and tries to spray us along the bank - annoying
Watching him high-center on a too-shallow gravel bar, and have to spend the next 20 minutes pushing... PRICELESS
beer

Posted by: master aviator

Re: priceless - 12/27/02 12:30 PM

The whole story; The jerk came around the corner at 30mph going over our lines, and made it about 100yards before getting stuck. He went on upstream and came back down an hour or so later and dropped anchor in the hole where 6 of us were fishing, again running over my line. I told him he had anchored right where we were fishing and he began swearing at me and told me I was an asshole, to wish everyone chimed in on who was the real jerk. No he is not tall, short, a bit overweight, 80hp merc and a trolling motor. If you see him coming, he is rude and should be sunk. God Bless the polite fisherman
Posted by: superfly

Re: priceless - 12/27/02 01:16 PM

The Guy is a guide out of Oly, His name is Rob,
I have told him many times myself that the eastfork above the turnow is Driftboat Water Only and that people do not take kindly to sleds up in there. I hope dude learned a lesson before someone hurts him or vandalizes his stuff. You need to know were your limits are in a sled. And the locals there make it very clear that the eastfork is not sled water.
Peace Superfly beathead beathead
Posted by: hawk

Re: priceless - 12/27/02 01:31 PM

Hey Bob:

Wonder what our buddy Ed would have thought about this guy?

I'll be calling in the next week or two to talkk about Sockeye Fest 2004.