Wildlife Activities Generate $2billion

Posted by: grandpa

Wildlife Activities Generate $2billion - 12/28/02 10:55 AM

A study out this week shows that wildlife activities contributed over $2 Billion dollars to the State's economy. Around 3.5 million participants joined in wildlife activities last year. This does not include commercial fishing or tribal fishing. It is recreation oriented spending. So what does the Governor propose? Close three hatcheries....I can almost hear the cheering from Washington Trout and TU.. huh
Posted by: herm

Re: Wildlife Activities Generate $2billion - 12/28/02 12:42 PM

Well I did vote for I-695, that must be the problem.

herm fridge
Posted by: Ron Bob

Re: Wildlife Activities Generate $2billion - 12/29/02 10:34 AM

I think we need to go back to the days when the licence monies go back to the fishies not the general fund. We got sold a bill of goods from the state that our " monies would go to the general fund and we would never have to worry about the wild life fund again. there would always be a steady flow to fund our programs." Ever since then the licences and fees have been going up and we've been getting les and less. If tim Iyman wants a new cause maybe we need to take bake the control of our money. We should not only get our fees going to the general fund but all tax monies that relate go to use as well.

There would be no more begging ever year and we wouldn't be heald hostage on every budget. Our licence mony wouldn't go to fund more pork for the government.

My two cents worth.