The poor are getting poorer

Posted by: Theking

The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 04:49 PM

Posted by: Rory Bellows

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 05:51 PM

Posted by: stever in everett

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 05:59 PM

Wages have not kept pace with inflation.
Sorry tk I said that I wouldn't post any more facts. My 98% level is slipping again. I'll try to post more irrelevant stuff later.

"Last year was the third consecutive year in which weekly wages fell, after adjusting for price changes, according to department statistics on the 92 million private production and non-managerial service workers who make up more than 80 percent of the nation's workforce."

"We're just not seeing the improvement in living standards you'd expect" in an economy that is expanding at a healthy pace and benefiting from rapid productivity growth, said Jared Bernstein, senior economist at the Economic Policy Institute, a think tank that focuses on labor issues. "It's the biggest problem in the current economy." Here is the link to the rest of the story
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/con...;referrer=email

Bow to the mighty tk.He know everything, just ask him. He is our man on the inside. wink

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 06:09 PM

Quote:
Tax cuts huh Rory?
zip The fact is there's more money coming into the Treasury now at the the lower tax rates than there was when they were higher.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 06:43 PM

Quote:
The fact is there's more money coming into the Treasury now at the the lower tax rates than there was when they were higher.
And yet, it still isn't keeping up with spending. Nobody spends like the Bush Administration.

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 07:01 PM

It's a good thing these lefties don't have swimming pools at their trailer parks. It would play hell even with their hard heads diving into the half empty pool.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 07:04 PM

Your kids will pay it off for you, credit card lover.

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/19/06 07:05 PM

Posted by: SuckerSnagger

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 01:11 AM

I don't know if the poor are getting poorer or not, but the middle class sure as hell is getting poorer!
Posted by: goharley

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 01:24 AM

Aside from the fact that Napoleon and Krusty don't understand the big picture, I'm sure they're pretty proud of their daddy for finally getting us out of the weakest recession in US history in just 5 short years. rolleyes

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 10:45 AM

Rory's back!! Just out on work release like tk or did you finish you sentence. Tax cuts are fine, that is the conservative mantra but the hugh budget deficits are not. What ever happened to the ballance budget amendment. First Ragen ran up the deficit to nearly $4 trillion and now Dumbya is going to triple it. When we the tax payers were paying nearly 25% of our annaul budget just to pay the interest on the $4 trillion, what will happen when that intrest payment triples?
Oh just let Dumbya slide for the next 3 years and let the next president figure it out. After all Dumbya said" deficits don't matter".

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 11:19 AM

Stever,

What does any of that have to do with poverty? That deficit is on track to be more than cut in half by 2008. We need to cut every unneeded program we can between now and 2008. If you really want hear you libs really biotch wait until they get what they want.

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 12:18 PM

What is it that "THEY" want? And who is "THEY"?
tk, just trying to hijack the thread like you do. wink Are you off your meds today? You know you shouldn't stop taking them with out the doctors O.K.
Posted by: lupo

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 12:43 PM

why encourage the liars..........rory and tk live in their own little world with views defined by conservative blogs who lie.....remember how the bush admin re-defined fast food jobs to be considered "manufacturing jbs"

lies lies lies yeah.........just redine the problem and it goes away....the glass isnt half empty or half full.....its just too large of a glass...

just ignore these flippin anti-american idiots

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 12:51 PM

When you feel the take just give them a little line.. wait...wait... SET THE HOOK!!!! It is almost like fishing. Only difference is the type of catch.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 01/20/06 04:05 PM

I think I see what you mean, Stever, but I don't fish for carp.
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: The poor are getting poorer - 04/02/19 09:01 PM

Originally Posted By: SuckerSnagger
I don't know if the poor are getting poorer or not, but the middle class sure as hell is getting poorer!

prophet