GOP Heroes

Posted by: Bobber Dude

GOP Heroes - 04/21/06 01:49 PM

Bush, Cheney, Rove, Rummy and Limbaugh
In correlating order:
Accidental murderer of over 2,000 Americans and 250,000 Iraqis, worlds biggest thief, master scammer, idiot, and GOP spin KING.

Neo-Cons and Evangelists are just plain stupid for blindly following these wolves in sheep's clothing. The whole GOP are in on the take.

If you only read one religious book you've only read one of many strong self propagating stories.

IT'S ALL ABOUT OIL & MONEY!
9/11 was no excuse to do what the GOP has done.
The present GOP will go down in history as the most corrupt government America ever had.
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: GOP Heroes - 04/21/06 04:02 PM

I concur 100%!
Posted by: Ichtyoid

Re: GOP Heroes - 04/21/06 04:08 PM

What do you mean Accidental Murder. That **** was premeditated.

Aggravated murder, sure.
Posted by: lupo

Re: GOP Heroes - 04/21/06 05:15 PM

good to know that we have a "good one" in ohio...... i cant wait till november to see the republicans get traunced but i am very interested in what the republican sept/oct suprise will be to try and drive people to vote for them......either cheney steps down or rummy steps down or we nuke iran.....

we need a bi-partisan and military general arrest committee to go in and arrest the entire admin and go thru every single piece of paper before they cover more of it up.....

Re: GOP Heroes - 04/21/06 05:58 PM

It's going to take a long time to cleen up this mess with the judicial system filling with GOP's boys. The GOP have lots of money - heck they raised the national debt limit twice just to fill their pockets. It was so simple the first time so did it twice. All in the name of 911 is quite insane. Well they also used the homophobe, and baby killer thing to get the stupid voters.

I would like to see FOX channel just once show a soldier that was blown to pieces instead of the irrelavent crap they run.

I say protect our soldiers by bringing them home NOW. This is not war it's GREED. Everyday Dick and Hellburden make $$$$$$$$ and hand us the bill. Oh it's going to be long hard war but the enemy is here.
Posted by: FishBear

Re: GOP Heroes - 04/22/06 01:03 PM

Topic: GOP Heroes

Dang, I thought this was going to be on one of them "shortest books" or "thinnest books" lists that can be pretty funny.

Re: GOP Heroes - 04/22/06 01:06 PM

My latest reading was "The Singularity is Near"
By Ray Rerzweil

I hope he's right in his predictions.
Posted by: fishing - magician

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 02:42 AM

OK ILL VOTE DEMO IF THEY STOP KILLING BABIES ITS THAT SIMPLE...THEY WANT MY VOTE?????? OR MAYBE WE SHOULD KILL OLD PEOPLE. HANDYCAPED PEOPLE , CHRISTIANS ,REP OR PEOPLE WHO GET IN OUR WAY ON THE FREE WAY, BURN BOOKS , KILL THE SICK, FAT,& SKINNY PEOPLE HAY WHY WHY DONT WE KILL ALL OF US

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 03:16 AM

No-Body is for Killing Babies. There are better ways to reduce the nuber of abortions then passing laws. Labeling democrats or Liberals or anyone as "baby killers" is just stupid.
The GOP is retaining power through fear of terrorist, baby killers and homophobics and it works well on the uneducated. Fact is - you either fall in this catagory or you are in on the take.
Posted by: fishpolelease

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 06:31 PM

"OK ILL VOTE DEMO IF THEY STOP KILLING BABIES"

It's been my experience that, people who believe dems are just itchin' to kill babies, somehow justify the death penalty... curious.
Posted by: Oregonian

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 08:15 PM

I guess it would take quite an education to get a red-blooded American man to side with the movie stars, faags, dopers, illegal aliens, professional welfare abusers, animal rights extremists, and gun grabbers............sorry if I left anyone out !

beathead

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 08:18 PM

Probably hard to tell the difference between an innocent unborn child and a serial rapist/murderer without the basic common sense to be conservative in the first place.......

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 08:40 PM

What about Illinois placing a moratorium on all executions after finding that DNA evidence proved soon to be dead inmates had to be exonerated based on DNA evidence? I guess the justice system can't tell a serial rapist either. I think it is a much better punishment to let that person sit in solitary confinement for the remainder of their years. Even if it costs us money, killing them is giving them an out of the true punishment they deserve.

Life is life. Let's not abort the children, so we can let them grow up and kill them in the electric chair later, f****** ludicris.

BTW, your rants ("movie stars, faags, dopers, illegal aliens") are a great indicator that you must be a part of that bottom third that still thinks the neo-cons are a great bunch of guys.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 08:51 PM

I do not think they are a great bunch of guys, and even though in reality having Kerry in The Office probably wouldn't change a darn thing, I still find a lot of problems with the bunch he seems to attract..............

I agree with you that life in solitary would be the best ultimate punishment that can be delivered by man; I made the above comparison to make a point.................
Posted by: goharley

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 09:29 PM

Quote:
and even though in reality having Kerry in The Office probably wouldn't change a darn thing,
See, now you're just talking out your ass. wink

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/06/06 09:41 PM

That is the appropriate orfice when discussing politics...
laugh
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 12:09 AM

Classy post there, Oregonian.
Posted by: sardonicus

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 12:19 AM

I believe Bobber Dude has had a personality destroying episode. He is too far into his invention to see the world as it is, rather than what his nightmares portray.
Lupo, the South of the Border, methodology of changing governments has not taken hold here yet. It may. And if it does, I'd bet you wouldn't like it. A grumble would get you shot.
Che' taught that didn't he?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 12:30 AM

Dan S.
Make up your mind, do you want to discuss things like a smartass, or do you want to talk like big boys...

I'll admit that sometimes I come in a little hot, what do you expect from a guy with nothing better to do than get online and speak to the world's troubles ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 12:48 AM

Either way is fine with me.

But drop the epithets if you want to talk like a big boy.

And I understand your situation. I haven't fished in weeks and I'm getting all pissy about it. wink

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 12:54 AM

I'll have to dig out the dictionary, but let me guess..........faags must be a/an epithet ?

I'm stuck in the time when faags could be what they are, but didn't brag about it and demand special consideration.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 12:43 PM

Hell I grew up in a time when ***gots were sticks of wood you threw in the fireplace. Look it up in the dictionary.
btw the edit was done by the server program that does not have a dictionary. Just unthinking coded instructions.
Posted by: Wailuku

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 02:12 PM

Why is wanting to be seen for what you are bragging? Why is having the same social considerations as others construed as wanting special considerations?

How has it changed or even impacted your life?

It hasn't!!!!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 04:11 PM

When they want to change the definition of marriage after 2000+ years of civilization so they can benefit financially, "they" become a burden on the rest of the population............

"They" also impact my life by flaunting their "lifestyle" anywhere they can get some attention, and I am left to explain "them" to my kids.........

Why should "they" be treated the "same" when they go out of their way to be "different" ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 04:40 PM

The small government I favor would not take the time to hear the first word from anyone wanting to change things as simple as a man marrying a woman, much drama could easily be avoided by ignoring people with nothing better to do than pretend that boys and girls are interchangable....

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 05:27 PM

Traditionally common sense played a much larger part in society..............

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 06:04 PM

Yeah, like the witch hunts and crusades and blood lettings to let the humors balance to overcome illness, flat world, earth the center of the universe. They had it all figured out didn't they?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 06:20 PM

Quote:
Traditionally common sense played a much larger part in society..............
No it didn't. It never did.

The difference was, you didn't hear about it in your corner of the world back then. No TV news, no internet, etc.

Common sense has never been very common.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 06:21 PM

None of that is as far fetched as two men marrying each other.......

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 06:42 PM

uhhh....yeah...drilling a hole in your temple to allow the demons to escape that are causing that migrane is much more reasonable than allowing two men that you've never met live in marriage. Glad you're not our Surgeon General.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 07:47 PM

There is only one sin that GOD cant forgive.......and that is rejecting Jesus His Son

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 07:50 PM

There is only one sin that GOD cant forgive.......and that is rejecting Jesus His Son

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 08:16 PM

I don't care how any two men live, why are they drawing all this attention to themselves if they just want to be left alone anyway ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 08:50 PM

Really ?
I thought they were getting "married" because they are madly in love......

If that's all they want, then they can go to the health coverage store and buy it like I do.

If there employer/insurer doesn't want to include Adam & Adam policies, why should I want to force them ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 08:59 PM

How do you explain it to your children?

What is so horrifying and traumatic in having to explain homosexuality to your kids? Get real, such a burden them gays always flaunting their stuff!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:00 PM

does your health care cover your spouse??

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:08 PM

Each member of my family can be covered if I choose to pay........nothing too tricky there, more people should try paying their own way in life.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:13 PM

At the same rate as yours, or at a discount as part of a Family package??

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:14 PM

I personally believe healthcare should be a part of the commons. It should be a right.

I would like to see ideas on single provider healthcare systems. I've yet to hear or see any serious comprehensive proposals.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:20 PM

Wailuku, I completely agree. I just wish I had an answer as to how to beat that huge pharmeceutical lobby.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:25 PM

Who is going to pay the doctors, nurses, and administrators when medical care becomes a "right" ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:27 PM

you are, out of your taxes.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:28 PM

That will only take place when we can remove the money and special interests from our government. Don't hold your breath!

As long as the American people fall for the tactics being used then they will only remain ideas. The real issues drown in the morass of American politics.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:35 PM

I see alot of states bringing up the issue of health care for all, and from what I hear, the money our federal government spends in health care bureaucracy would actually cover all non-insured individuals. Just seems heinous. We could take the money out of their incompetent hands and actually provide a single-payer health care system for Americans.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:36 PM

Ah, I see now, those who work and earn money get to pay the bills, but everyone gets to play......okay, so what is the downside of taking the free ride and not working ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:40 PM

Hey dip sh**, do you ever plan on retiring, or are you going to work until the day you die?? Just curious. I hope you remeber all this crap you're spewing when my social security dollars are paying a CPN to wipe your wrinkled ass.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:45 PM

Yeah free ride. I'm just yearning to move to slums and live the good life! When was the last time you saw people wearing poverty or bust shirts?? When was the last time you spent any time around people that are dirt poor?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 09:55 PM

Poverty or bust t-shirts, that made me laugh out loud.

Single payer system, think of it as medi-care for everyone, think of the billions of dollars that would free up from corporations to pay a better wage. Think of the grandmothers that don't have to choose between food, heat or heart medicine. America ranks pretty low in health care for it's citizens for a first world nation.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 10:13 PM

I have family members who would definately fit the "dirt poor" label, and extremly bad decisions back, to back, to back, to back... ensure their lazy ass isn't going very far, and I have done plenty in the way of advise and opening doors, etc.......too bad they had kids.

I do not make a huge amount of money either by the way, but I get by without Uncle Sugars help. Nothing that I do is beyond anybody with ambition.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 10:47 PM

Those people don't exist in O's world, and if they do then, it's their own fault and they should have planned better and had a richer family.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 10:58 PM

On a fundamental level I want to agree with Oregonian on the idea that everyone should be able to take care of themselves. I could agree IF, all things were equal! If everyone had the same opportunities in life that I had, were faced with the same set of advantages and disadvantages I had. Then I could agree.

The fact of the matter is, that is not the case! I recognize there are times in peoples lives where they need help and they do not have friends and family to turn to. I could say tough luck and turn the other way, but I believe that we will better ourselves and society by helping.

To me the challenge isn't about should we help it is about how do we help? How do we prevent people from perpetuating poverty from one generation to the next? Isn't that where discussions really ought to be focused? Again it is where the Republican party fails on a fundamental level for me. In my mind you cannot hold the bible in such high regard and turn your backs on those that need help! It is hypocracy in it's worst form!

Getting down off soapbox now...

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:04 PM

Help away ! I know I do, but it isn't a job for the government........

Do you think stopping the government from taking money from us to supposedly give to the needy, in any way prevents us from helping the needy on our own ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:08 PM

You guys are putting words in my mouth to try and find a way to disagree with the simple logic I spoke, I must say that kind of behavior is very telling, and takes a lot away from the discussion.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:10 PM

eeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww the Yankees. Almost the only form of hatred perpetuation I believe in them and Arsenal...

That is where we must differ Oregonian. I believe it IS in societies best interest as well as the individual!

you only it see it as benefitting the individual, if they choose to participate...

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:14 PM

"Do you think stopping the government from taking money from us to supposedly give to the needy, in any way prevents us from helping the needy on our own ? "

Let's go into a common story in today's America. Say your father gets cancer from working in asbestos trying to provide for you. He has some health care, but cannot afford great health care. You want to alleviate his pain and suffering. He is going to need surgeries and and chemo, he is going to require regular medicines and a nurses care. Because of the type of health care he has, the insurance provider is only willing to pay for 80% of the costs and it caps at 80,000 annualy. The cost of his treatment will cost well over 200,000 to keep him alive. Do you or he have the extra 130,000 cash to cover it or do you say no free rides and let him die?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:18 PM

Communist!!!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:19 PM

I say he hawks his home that he paid for with 40 years of breathing asbestos and move in with me if necessary, at the end of that, will do what is necessary.........we all die sometime. I don't know how medical expenses can get so unreasonably high, but that is another topic right there.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:24 PM

It happens all the time, but again, you don't understand that, as you have never been in that situation. Sorry you got such issues with your father.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:29 PM

You are actually getting a little more personal than is beneficial to the conversation......but I will assume it is only out of desperation.

I am still waiting for a sound reason for the government to forcfully take money out of my pocket to dole out to whomever they deem needy/worthy.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:32 PM

Because they do it already and it benefits society as a whole! Pretty sound reason in my estimation!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/07/06 11:35 PM

The government is alrady taking money out of your pocket, unless of course you are skipping out on your IRS. I promise not to turn you in if that's the case. With the money that is being wasted in America's current health care system, we could have the single payer health care system with some money left over and you would not have to pay one mextra penny, if you're paying anything at all. The government is wasting the money it takes from you currently and puts it's in their pockets without providing you with anything. That system could be changed over to single payer health care with no additional burden on your 1040 every year, and you wouldn't have to let Dad die or hawk his house. Does any of this make any flippin sense to you at all or are you just completely F******* oblivious. Or, do you think it is some sort of population control/survival of the fittest superior race kind of thing??

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 12:24 AM

I guess things were unbarable before wellfare.....

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 12:26 AM

Which came first; the wellfare system or the airplane ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 12:41 AM

Party on Salmosalar.........
beer
hello

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 01:28 AM

Jim Rice, I remember as a kid watching him snap a bat while deciding not to swing half way through a ball. It was amazing to see the mere power of his wrists break a bat in pieces to save himself from getting called on a strike. It's no wonder he was so feared in the AL, he's a fine addition to the HOF. well deserved.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 01:40 AM

Yeah, baseball was a little more innocent and honest then (well except for ole Pete Rose I guess).

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Oregonian:
I don't know how medical expenses can get so unreasonably high...
Because if it's not a single-payer universal health care system it's a for-profit system. Which part of "for-profit" do you need help with understanding?

Here's another beaute:
Quote:
Originally posted by Oregonian:
I am still waiting for a sound reason for the government to forcfully take money out of my pocket ...
'cause Freedom Isn't Free! wink

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 09:44 PM

Gays are not drawing attention. Attention is being drawn to them by the GOP playing the homophobes as a political move.

It's the same with your baby killing thing. it's not an issue until someone labels the other.
It's the GOP get out the vote plan using fear.

"All" people have rights and it's too bad if you do not like it. It's our constitution. If you don't like it leave. Go live in Iran where many human rights are denied.

Do you care that the present dominant party raised the allowable defict to give to the big GOP crooks and hand us the bill? They took all we had saved and it wasn't enough so the raised the dept limit TWICE in 5 years. Tell me it's not about oil and money and I'll tell you you're blind and ignorant.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 10:11 PM

Gays have all the rights that they ever did, which is the same rights as everyone else...including the right to marry someone of the opposite sex.

I guess you live in a cave with no T.V. if you haven't noticed the proliferation of GAY entertainment in the last 10-15 years. What has "Ellen" ever done other than be LOUDLY GAY ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 10:25 PM

But have gays had the right to marry someone they love? Which can be defined as "the pursuit of happiness" which just happens to be mentioned in the US Constitution.

And if television programming dealing with the gay issue affects your marriage that much, you can either turn off the television or re-examine what the relationship with your spouse is based upon.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 11:09 PM

What little T.V. I do watch doesn't address the gay issue at all, rather it attempts to portray gayness as normal, which by definition it is not.

IF same sex marriage, then why not marry an animal or fish ? I hear some folks really do love their pets afterall........

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 11:14 PM

Quote:
which is the same rights as everyone else
Is that right?

Blacks can't be fired from a job because of their race. Gays have no such protection.

You can't refuse to rent an apartment to someone because they're a Christian. Gays have no such protection.

If you were to become unable to make medical decisions for yourself, your spouse would be able to make decisions for you. Gay couples have no such protection.

These aren't "special rights". They're rights virtually every American is granted under the Constitution. At first, blacks and other minorities weren't granted these rights......neither were women. But as we matured as a nation it was clear that these groups were also entitled to these Constitutional rights. It should now be apparent to anyone with any emapthy for their fellow man that gays, as a group, also deserve these same protections.

That way, Mr. Boss can't walk in and say "jim you're fired. Because you're gay." and leave Jim with no recourse because he's not protected like the guy earlier who heard from Mr. Boss "Jim, you're fired. Because you're black."

To me. it's just the right thing to do. You're milage, however, may vary. wink

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 11:21 PM

Well using the "can't be fired" line with me is really going to backfire on you Dan S. I think a business owner should be able to hire and fire anyone anytime, it is up to the employee to be efficient and keep him/herself in demand. If the black person or gay person is a fabulous employee, but some business owner doesn't choose to hire them, then that is a missed opportunity for the employer, and a feather in the cap of a more progressive competitor......

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/08/06 11:24 PM

IF "no fire" laws are on the books, then where are the "no quit" laws ?

Why would a citizen off the street have more rights than a citizen who has earned his/her own business ?

If you hire my kid to mow your lawn tomorrow, does that mean he can mow your lawn for the rest of his life at the same price(adjusted for inflation of course), no matter if you no longer desire it done ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 12:54 AM

Comprehension, again. You can fire anyone you want any time you want as long as you don't fire them solely on the cause that they are a minority. Slow down when you're reading the posts, or maybe read them slowly twice in a row, so that you can understand. Try to get the context of the actual message and include all the words while you reason it's meaning, even the big ones, With that in mind I'll give you some time look up the word empathy, (I'm sure it's one that you are not familiar with).

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 12:57 AM

It rhymes with sympathy......I don't need it.

LOL !!!!!!!!!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 01:38 AM

I'm sure that explains why you have no friends

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 09:25 AM

YOO HOO, Hello, wake up. That bit about firing someone whenever is misleading. Our litiginous society in it's endeavor to make life grand for lawyers has decreed that you had better have a archived track record of every 'offense' the fired has ever committed to avoid the nearly sure to follow lawsuit.
My wife has been a medical office supervisor for years and it's no joke.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 10:29 AM

"YOO HOO, Hello, wake up. That bit about firing someone whenever is misleading. Our litiginous society in it's endeavor to make life grand for lawyers has decreed that you had better have a archived track record of every 'offense' the fired has ever committed to avoid the nearly sure to follow lawsuit. "

It sounds like what you are talking about is the gray area between fired and layed off for lack of a better term.

Basically I can fire and employe anytime I feel like it, unless we are under a contract he can go to the state or department of labor and try to plead his case for unemployment benefits due to no cause. If I can not come up with a reasonable explanation as to why I let them go to satisfy the state, then that empoyee gets the unemployment benefits.

But he can't sue to get his job back. As an employer I can fire whenever I like, and sure, I may get the phone call from the state saying that so and so wants their unemployment benefits. I reply that they are a slackass or late regularly or whatever reason I had to fire them. The former employee has a right to file an appeal in writing, the state sends it back to me in writing , I write "he's a slack ass and is always late to work", slacker then is forced to go and find another job.

I have a written policy that describes my business stance against racism in any form (employee handbook sort of thing). I have the right to fire someone for being a racist, it is part of the way we operate, racism is not tolerated on the job or at the office in any form. It's good policy, it also protects me from any race based lawsuit.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 11:13 AM

Yeah, I agree with that, that was my statement in one of my posts before. I also have to have some excellent excuse if they are under contract, something that says they breeched which gives me ground to dismiss them. The punishment for letting go of someone under contract is usually to pay the remainder of the terms of the contract if I am at fault. The restitution sought for dicriminatory lawsuits can be (but not always) loss of wages until retirement, which is why some of these cases get into the millions. Plus hardship, etc..

What I am saying is that a regular ole employee John Q can be fired at any time, I may pay a price to unemployment if he show it was unwarranted or a lawsuit if says it was discrimination. But I can still fire them if I please. No law against that.

Having a backed policy against discrimination is documented proof that my business does not tolerate under any circumstances the act of discrimination. So if an employee wanted to sue me for that, they woould have a very difficult time proving that was the case in court. Basically all the would be able to prove was that I had another employeee that said something stupid and I was unaware.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 02:33 PM

Quote:
I think a business owner should be able to hire and fire anyone anytime, it is up to the employee to be efficient and keep him/herself in demand
I agree.

IF YOU HAVE CAUSE.

Being gay is not cause, any more than being black or a woman is cause. If the job is being performed per the employer's requirements, someone should not have to fear being fired merely for being gay.
Posted by: Dave D

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 03:10 PM

Quote:
These aren't "special rights". They're rights virtually every American is granted under the Constitution. At first, blacks and other minorities weren't granted these rights......neither were women. But as we matured as a nation it was clear that these groups were also entitled to these Constitutional rights. It should now be apparent to anyone with any emapthy for their fellow man that gays, as a group, also deserve these same protections.
Good post Dan!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 11:14 PM

Hey Orgonian - Why don't you go drag a gay persom, maybe "Ellen" from the bumper of your truck, I think it would make you feel better.

You are hatefull, prejudice and totally unsuited for a civilized society

The only moral thought that carries any weight with me is "Do unto others as you would want them to do unto you". You don't need religion for that, you just need to be good person and neighbor to all.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/09/06 11:39 PM

Bobber, me thinks Org may live under a stump on a timber sale way up in the Dallas area backwoods (makes him feel like a real logger). He wasn't breast fed by his mother, or maybe he was forced to breast feed from an adoptive parent. So, he still has issues with the women folk and can't understand why they keep turning gay on him, hence the hatred for the opposite sex. What he hasn't realized yet is that if just made the switch like every backwoods homophobe should (yes Org, you protesst too much, HAHA) he could probably find someone to actually love him and who cares what the neighbors say. May best advice for him?? Go rent Brokeback Landing or whatever and lighten up already.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 12:43 AM

See Oregonian, you aren't even human per the previous pious Hiss Ants. Isn't it amazing how the issue degenerates into a personal attack and character assassination? What's really amazing is the occurence of the words: moral, religion, hatred, homophobe, love and breast fed. I am suprised they have the vocabularial use of the terms and no sense of meaning.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 04:47 AM

"Yeah I know. Some of the Green Weeny concerns are valid"

"Another self-proclaimed Dumb s I see"

"The democrats that proudly wear the tag nowdays are socialists and fools to boot."

"Tell me itchyrhoid are you just naturally an ass or do you work at it?"

You're a funny fella Sard, sometimes I agree with you and sometimes I think you're just trying to get a rise like many others here including my self. Don't take it too personally, it's just a little humor relief courtesy of yours truly. I'll be overwhelmed with work here again and you won't see my "pious hiss ant" retorts for a little while, not as constantly anyways. I know I can be a little over the top for people like you but I do enjoy p****** of the religious right. That's the great thing about this forum is that it allows you to vent and state your case, at times ad nauseum and even every once in awhile somebody engages in a civil debate. Don't hold you breast, ooops I mean breath.

uhh...yeah..Hello Pot??.....This is the kettle

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 05:23 PM

Single sex marriage would be in addition too equal rights, as I have said before, gays already have equal rights....

You can always tell when the opposition runs out of ammo, they start with the homophobe crap......

You guys would have a genuine punching bag IF I had any ill will toward women, blacks, and/or gays, but I don't and my posts make that plain to anyone with the time to read them...........

However;
1) I do not think gays deserve any special rights,

2) I think that the individual mothers who choose to work instead raise their kids are making a horrible mistake which effects not only them and their kids, but the rest of society as well.

Do all you petrophobes and bigophobes get it ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:03 PM

Quote:
as I have said before, gays already have equal rights....
As I said before, you're wrong.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:08 PM

AuntyM, do you deny that thousands of middle class married women work at full time jobs ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:10 PM

Dan S.

How did those gays get by for the last 2000 years without the special right to marry someone of the same sex ?

Would there be any reason for a person to not be able to marry a dog or cat ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:43 PM

Quote:
Would there be any reason for a person to not be able to marry a dog or cat ?
That question does not really deserve a answer.

Since you have a special fondness for the four legged ones, here is a link for ya.

Enumclaw-area animal-sex case investigated

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002382718_horse15m.html

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:48 PM

If single sex marriage, then why not be able to marry a tree or a rock ?

Maybe you could just refresh my memory, what is the point of single sex marriage anyway ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:49 PM

I'll pass on the link to animal sex, same as I'd pass on a link to gay sex, thanks anyway.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 06:59 PM

Quote:
I'll pass on the link to animal sex, same as I'd pass on a link to gay sex, thanks anyway.
Come on, Rory will be your Puddy Tat

Meow
Posted by: Rory Bellows

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:

Being gay is not cause, any more than being black or a woman is cause.
Dan,

Even though your heart may be in the right place by championing the quest to 'special rights of homosexuals' to that of the rights inheirently entitled to blacks and women equal to rights granted to all others under our Constitution--The simple fact is that somene's gender or ethnicity is predetermined and developed before they're out of their mothers womb--science can prove that---There is no credible scientific study that definitely proves homosexuality is practiced as a result of nature (inheirent) vs. nurture (influenced by environment and life experiences).

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 07:06 PM

Quote:
--The simple fact is that somene's gender or ethnicity is predetermined and developed before they're out of their mothers womb--science can prove that---The fact is there'se no credible study that definitely proves that homosexuality is practiced as a result of nature vs. nurture.
Sure, Rory. Gays are gay just for fun. What could be better than being ridiculed and discriminated against your whole life? The brains of gay man are physiologically different than those of hetero men.......did they teach their brains to be physiologically different? Oh, and since when did the protections Christians enjoy come from being born Christian? Christians CHOOSE to be Christian, yet they are protected under the Constitution.

O,

Find a dog that will consent to marrying you, and the two of you will have my blessing.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 07:06 PM

Quote:
science can prove that
You got to love when Christians fall back on science smile Too dang funny

Dan
I'll go in on a gift for them with ya....I suggest a choke collar
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 07:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe you could just refresh my memory, what is the point of single sex marriage anyway ?
To be able to enjoy the SAME Constitutionally guaranteed marital rights as hetero couples do. Dan explained it very clearly in an earlier post. You are either incapable of understanding... or simply refuse to... in order to keep the 'debate' going. I'm pretty sure it's the latter... and I'm sure that you derive as much enjoyment out of stirring the political pot here as you used to get butting heads with Keta and friends over fisheries issues on the Oregon boards. wink

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 07:40 PM

http://www.cnn.com/2006/HEALTH/05/08/lesbian.brains.ap/index.html

No credible studies? Hmmmmmmm? Maybe I misread something.

Again, I pose the question. What impact on YOUR life does recognizing homosexual marriages have? How can it possibly diminish the "sanctity" of your marriage?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 08:13 PM

AuntyM,
Your persistence on calling it a parent instead of a mother is okay with me I guess.....as long as the parents raise their own kids instead of hiring it done.

As far as the homos go, I REALLY don't care one way or the other what they do, or why, but there is no reason to give them special treatment just for being/acting like a freak. I can say that because it's true, and I still ain't scared of'em.

FCOL ! We have Natives gillnetting wild fish, dams blocking rivers, illegal aliens stealing our good Country, we're running completely out of OIL, and you guys are huddled up with the twinks............TOO FUNNY

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 08:37 PM

At least we can all agree that Oregonian is an unabashed bigot!

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 08:38 PM

I suppose it is discrimination that a woman doesn't have a penis and a man does ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:07 PM

Well then are men and women exactly the same or not ? If not, what are the differences ?

By the way, I looked in Webster's New Secondary School Dictionary, I found the definition of bigot and bigotry, and I found the definition of marry and marriage, but there was no entry for homosexual.........that's interesting isn't it ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:09 PM

I do hope you tell me about female breasts and there intended purpose.......

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:15 PM

To be defined as a bigot, I would have to be unreasonably attached to my own ideas or opinions, although I do know what I think, and believe it despite some rather obstinate attempts from the gallery here to sway me, my belief in my ideas/opinions is very much reasonable........

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:20 PM

AuntyM,

Is it a coincidence that every time I box your slippery self into answering a reasonable question who's only answer will prove my point to everything with multiple cells, you switch over to your adequate sense of humor and try to laugh it off rather than state the obvious answer ?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:21 PM

Good one, I rest..........

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:28 PM

What part of left field are you from anyway ?

The ONLY "rights" I have spoken against are special "rights" gay people are trying to have printed up just for them, which I had never even heard of until the Clintons drug the gays out of the closet in a desperate attempt at getting elected.

Breasts, I have some familiarity with their recreational capacity..........I asked you about their biological purpose, I guess you thought it was a prompt for a little comic relief.....

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 09:49 PM

O,

You keep bringing up "special rights". Apparently, you're just going to ignore the list of rights that blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Latinos, Mormons, Bhuddists, and women have that gays do not, and concentrate solely on the issue of gay marriage.

Convenient, from your standpoint, I guess, but how is one supposed to argue a point with you, when you don't want to address the bulk of the conversation.

If your boss can walk in and say "Jim you're fired. Because you're a Christian." and get away with it, something is wrong. Just like it's wrong if he were to walk in and say "Jim you're fired. Because you're gay." In my opinion, Jim should be protected in either case provided he's doing his job.

You disagree?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Dan S.:
O,

You keep bringing up "special rights". Apparently, you're just going to ignore the list of rights that blacks, Jews, Hispanics, Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Latinos, Mormons, Bhuddists, and women have that gays do not, and concentrate solely on the issue of gay marriage.

Convenient, from your standpoint, I guess, but how is one supposed to argue a point with you, when you don't want to address the bulk of the conversation.

If your boss can walk in and say "Jim you're fired. Because you're a Christian." and get away with it, something is wrong. Just like it's wrong if he were to walk in and say "Jim you're fired. Because you're gay." In my opinion, Jim should be protected in either case provided he's doing his job.

You disagree?
--------------------------------------------------
zip You can't fire, not hire, house or lend to someone in this state (Washington) soley because they're a homosexual or lesbian.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/257432_gayrights28.html

So to keep bringing that (employment) up or comparing them (homosexuals and lesbians) to a race, religion or gender whose prospective employment needs to be protected is a red herring.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:02 PM

Again, I pose the question. What impact on YOUR life does recognizing homosexual marriages have? How can it possibly diminish the "sanctity" of your marriage?

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:02 PM

"I think that the individual mothers who choose to work instead raise their kids are making a horrible mistake which effects not only them and their kids, but the rest of society as well."

You used the word women, that's why we call you a bigot. Pretty simple one to start, just tell me is any of this gets too confusing for you or if I'm going too fast.

"As far as the homos go, I REALLY don't care one way or the other what they do, or why, but there is no reason to give them special treatment just for being/acting like a freak"

Definition of Freak: n. A person, animal or plant of abnormal shape or form.

Do you see the enormous contradiction of you own statement? I think stump humping homophobes are freaks, but I'm not trying to take your rights away.

"To be defined as a bigot, I would have to be unreasonably attached to my own ideas or opinions, although I do know what I think, and believe it despite some rather obstinate attempts from the gallery here to sway me, my belief in my ideas/opinions is very much reasonable........ "

I think that about 99 out of 100 people here see that you actually are a perfect match for the description of a bigot, even by your own terms.

"We have Natives gillnetting wild fish"

Again with the Indians, good god. So it's allright for the commercial fisherman to overfish the Columbia, pretty much without penalty (we'll just take them out of the sportos' quota and everyone is happy, Right).. But as soon as a Native jumps in the river, ALL THE SALMON ARE GONNA DIE!!!.......Bigot. I have never once seen you complain about the commercial fishermen, and you claimed to have been one, bigot.

Bigot, bigot, bigot, bigot, white trash bigot. It's what you are, it's not name calling, so just accept it and move on already. Yes, you are exceptionally good at being a bigot. You are even better at being so clueless as to what a bigot is when everyone around you obviously understands that you are just simply a bigot.

We get what you are saying: 1) women should stay at homes with the children, no matter what, because it hurts everyone in society, including you, who has no children and because they are women. 2) Gays don't deserve to be treated like anyone else because they are freaks and besides that, they are gay, 3) Natives took away every last resource on the face of the earth when they realized that white men just wanted to share because that's what Natives do, take things from white men. 4) You're a bigot.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:20 PM

Quote:
Last month the White House removed information from government Web sites about sexual orientation discrimination in the workplace. That's because federal employees can now be fired for being homosexual. On Feb. 23 Washington Post columnist Steven Barr reported that references to sexual orientation discrimination were removed from Federal employment complaint forms posted on agency Web sites. At the time, President Bush's new appointee to head the Office of Special Counsel, Scott Bloch, said the policy was under review.

Last week, Bloch issued his brief on the matter. According to Bloch, federal employees will now "have no recourse if they are fired or demoted simply for being gay."

In 1980, the federal government ruled that discrimination based on sexual orientation is prohibited under the 1978 Civil Service Reform Act, which covers all conduct that does not "adversely affect" work performance. Bloch, however, believes that conduct based on sexual orientation is not the same as sexual orientation itself. In his twisted reading of the 1978 act -- an act intended to protect employees and job applicants from prejudice in the workplace unrelated to their job performance -- Bloch draws a distinction between an individual's conduct as a gay or lesbian, and his or her status as a gay or lesbian. As he told the Federal Times last week, "People confuse conduct and sexual orientation as the same thing, and I don't think they are." So while you can't be fired for bringing your same-sex partner to the office picnic, you can be fired for being gay.
Better bring your Power Pro for that red herring, Rory.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:30 PM

So at no point in your little game is anyone going to come up with an answer for even one of my questions ?

In case anyone missed some of my personal info which I have so generously shared previously......I am happily married to my first and only wife, she is the mother of my only two children, and I provide our very modest income by cutting timber.

Calling me a bigot repeatedly is silly, and a very weak position to take in an arguement where even a single logical point could close the deal.

I have not proposed taking any rights away from anyone

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:37 PM

You're dumber than a bucket of hair.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:47 PM

That's the only answer you need to know and it applies to every other question you ever ask.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:52 PM

Oregonian, surely by now you realize that when the issue hits a dead end. Or the local intelligentsia runs out of scintillating comments the game turns into name calling and insults. I hope you are not taking time away from your fine wife and family to spar with the local pulp lumber.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:53 PM

I guess as long as this gay marriage business is just so many peoples wet dream, no harm done.

It is comforting to know there are still a few things that haven't been compromized in this day and age.......

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:58 PM

See, still dumb, you hopeless.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/10/06 11:59 PM

During a lull in the action here I took my kids out for a quick boat ride, the daughter helped a baby goose out from a hole in some rocks, she was quite excited and proud of that.

We chased an osprey up the lake trying to decide what kind of fish it was eating, the consensus is largemouth bass.

It was great, there was one MAN fishing from the dock, no WOMEN, BLACKS, or GAYS to be seen !
<grin>
<shaking head>

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:01 AM

Bull Sh**, you're too stupid to run a boat.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:03 AM

Glad none of them other were there to wreck it for you. wink

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:04 AM

"local intelligentsia runs out of scintillating comments the game turns into name calling and insults"

I'm not name calling I'm just saying he's a bigot and really really stupid as well. That's isn't name calling it's just saying that he is something that he doesn't agree with.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:04 AM

Running the boat takes a lot more out of me than explaining simple facts and asking even simpler questions here.......so I guess you are improving, good work !

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:05 AM

I understand why Oregonians fight so hard for the right to die, if I was that f******* stupid I'd wish I could die too.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:14 AM

LOL, come on down we'll treat you right.

Remember that time we let the gay marriage thing fly for a little while, generated a bunch of revenue from all the traveling love birds, then decided it didn't count !

LOL !
We know how to have fun down here......

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:18 AM

I lived in Salem for years, I have family all over the state, have been inhabiting the area for eons. I don't think you would treat me "right", just a wild guess.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 12:28 AM

Can't blame you for being skepticle, but it's true, I give everyone the benefit of the doubt, even if they vote and think differently than me.

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 04:44 PM

Re: GOP Heroes - 05/11/06 09:00 PM

As long as you are pretending it's a marriage, why not pretend it's a U.S.Government Certified Singlesex Marriage ?

Ha Ha, That sounds like something you would see on Saturday Night Live........singlesex marriage.......even the word sounds fake.