My dip recipe

Posted by: Salmo g.

My dip recipe - 07/06/06 08:37 PM

This isn't about politics. It's about food. After BBQing steaks, burgers, and sockeye the past few days, it was time for a change.

I'm not vegetarian, so I don't make many non-meat lunches or dinners. However, a former co-worker shared this with me about 25 years ago now, and I still enjoy it. Had it just last night after nearly forgetting about it for many months.

In a glass pie dish:

1 can of refried beans, spread around a the base. Heat this up to 4 minutes in the microwave.

then add:
1 small can chopped green chiles &
1 small can chopped black olives &
about 4 green onions chopped. Spread these around and add:
I avacado, sliced and chopped &
1 tomato, sliced and diced.

Now add however much fresh salsa suits your taste.
Cover with sour cream.
Cover with grated chedder cheese.

Return to microwave for about 5 minutes, but before the sour cream and cheese curdles.

Serve it up, or just start digging in with corn tortilla chips.

My hypothesis is that the corn tortilla chips and beans form a complete protein, and with a couple beers, it makes a very satisfying dinner. I drank Full Sale Amber.

See what you think.
Posted by: Ichtyoid

Re: My dip recipe - 07/07/06 02:25 PM

Avocados are among the Earth's few Superfoods that you could live on solely. Salmon's another.

Imagine nothing to eat but Salmon & Avacados. You'd be 2000 pounds overweight but live to be 115.

Re: My dip recipe - 07/07/06 04:39 PM

Aunty,

Wasn't thinking about just any protein, but a complete, 21 amino acid protein. Seems I recall from jr hi or someplace that corn and beans combine to form that complete protein. It's very filling.

So where's the cholesterol come from? I used "light" sour cream. The cheddar?

SS,

Email the recipe, please. I really don't have use for a whole cook book. I may be a man of many words, but I'm a man of very few recipes. That is, I don't have a very big cooking repertoire, nor am I interested. I just like to be able to make a few really good dishes.

Ich,

Much as I like salmon and avacados, I wouldn't want to subsist on them.

Sincerely,

Salmo g.
Posted by: haverodwillfish

Re: My dip recipe - 07/07/06 08:01 PM

Man...I saw "dip" in the title of this thread and thought there might be a "contact" for some free Copenhagen.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: My dip recipe - 07/11/06 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Salmo g.:
So where's the cholesterol come from?
Dad. Stupid genetics.

Thank god for Crestor!
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: My dip recipe - 07/11/06 07:21 PM

Eat a Crestor and a Lisinopril and then salt up the cholesterol-laden food and enjoy.

Pharmaceuticals are great for the willpower-challenged. laugh
Posted by: Sol

Re: My dip recipe - 07/11/06 08:27 PM

Quote:
Stupid genetics.
Ditto. Those lowering drugs will waste your liver, though. I'll take my chances with heart desease and bypass surgery. I like my liver. smile
Posted by: Pmartin

Re: My dip recipe - 07/12/06 09:17 AM

The liver is Evil!

It must be punished..... beer

Re: My dip recipe - 07/12/06 01:38 PM

I think I don't have any cholesterol, so I can eat pretty much what I want. Not to press my luck too much, I don't use the lard refrieds, but the vegie ones. Resting heart rate is 50 or lower, and my blood pressure finally got up to the low end of ideal by age 57. And my liver prefers wine with dinner, unless it's something that goes really good with beer, like dip.

Re: My dip recipe - 07/12/06 03:20 PM

So when's the funeral, Sol? laugh
Posted by: Sol

Re: My dip recipe - 07/12/06 03:38 PM

You want an invite? Services will be held at a Castle Superstore. 35% off all butt plugs and there will be comlimentary bong hits at the door.

Re: My dip recipe - 07/12/06 03:44 PM

I'm so there. laugh
Posted by: dwatkins

Re: My dip recipe - 10/25/20 02:49 PM

Not in the recipe forum!!!!! Mods please fix