Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow!

Posted by: BadFish

Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 07:04 PM

I was just told I'm going to Vegas tomorrow for my birthday, yay! Haven't been there since I was 11. So I'm searching around the internet trying to find the best buffet, shows, sushi bar, etc. If you have a good place to go please post. We are staying at the Luxor...
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 09:23 PM

The Bellagio has the best buffet and a great show "O". The Bellagio buffet is hands down the best. How long are you there? You need at least 3 or 4 days to get around. When I was there, I purchased a Power Pass, which allowed me entry into many venues, and it was a bargain @ $100. It even has a Hoover Dam tour, Wax museum, Guggenheim Art Museum, Mandalay Bay Aquarium, Luxor museum, The Segfried and Roy Lion and Dolphin conservatory and many, many more deals. You can also buy this Pass online.

It was my first stay at the Venetian, which made it convenient to get up and down the strip on the Deuce (dobble decker Bus) which is much more convenient than the Monorail. "Blue Man Group" was fun, with show's at the Venetians. Those guy's are really a hoot.

When possible be sure to buy your ticket online before leaving for best seats. I was lucky enough to get seat's in the splash zone for "O".

BTW, this is the time of year to catch huge Stripped Bass at Lake Mead. You can find a fishing guide through the Hotel you are staying at. Just ask.

Have fun in Vegas!
Posted by: AkKings

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 09:29 PM

Speaking of fishing, the Bass Pro Shop is worth checking out if you've never been to 1. I wish I had gone there at the start of the vacation instead of the end,
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 09:32 PM

Be prepared to walk or travel great distances, as the Luxor is at the end of the strip. Great distances from some of the places I've mentioned.

The NBA All Star game is there Feb. 14-18. If you see dozens of 7' feet tall guy's, that would be the reason.

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 10:00 PM

lol, ok thanx John! I looked into the Power Pass, but no luck. All reservations are taken for next week. and Blue Man Group was my first choice too! Getting tickets tomorrow for that.

Well thank you all for the info...I wish I could do some fishing but we're only going to be there for 3 days. I'll post up some pics when I get back...

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 10:08 PM

AKKings, is that bass shop on the strip?

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/27/07 10:21 PM

oh, I don't know anything about bass fishing, but it would be interesting to check out..
Posted by: AkKings

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/28/07 12:32 AM

Its a couple miles off the strip. Its not just bass stuff either, all different kinds of fishing stuff as well as hunting, pretty cool display of high $$$ guns, saw a $100,000 rifle there I wouldn't mind having. I don't advise the climbing wall either, took my finger almost 3 months to quit hurting.

Fremont street is another cool place to checkout, especially after dark.

Re: Help me plan my trip to Vegas, tomorrow! - 01/28/07 01:06 PM

I banked the Duc yesterday and don't think I'll be doing anymore climbing for a few days, lol. No fish, but did find some usable gear.