Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 04:02 PM

Wake me up when it's over!

Matt Moore looked good anyway
Posted by: r2fishn

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 04:18 PM

should have gone fishn
Posted by: Steelie Tamer

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 04:40 PM

Love watching Shaun Alexander work those moves! Wow, isn't he amazing behind the line of scrimmage have you ever seen someone so indecisive in your life? I for one am just stoked at the oppurtunity to watch this for another, what 5 more years? Oh well he did break off one big run, oh yeah he fumbled on that one, hope he is treating Engram to dinner tonight for saving his @$$! Sorry for venting like this but they won't stand a chance till they get a ground attack going again imo!
Posted by: Dave D

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 04:56 PM

Oh by the title I thought Vhawk was posting more picks of Merg in his bikini
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 05:07 PM

Why not try for it on 4th and 1 a little more often?
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 05:29 PM

Yawn. Not even worth a post. But since you started it Rafterman, I'll put my 2 cents worth in. One the Hawks play lethargic on the east coast. Second Chris Gray is showing his age and Sims is playing sub par. This guard tandem is terrible. They need to try Wrotto, and Pork Chop, or move Big Die Slow to guard. If they don't fix that then the season is going to end fast. Carolina had the wind to their back in the fourth quarter and Seattle didn't move until late in the game. Hasselbeck's fumble pretty much ended it, and I didn't watch the last two TD's. Essentially a 6-3 game. We lost the season in free agency by not picking up a guard. Now its a Ruskill team and we look like Tampa Bay, all defense, no offense.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 05:32 PM

Raiders game is more exciting as they're only down 10-7 to Indy at half.
Posted by: Steelie Tamer

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 08:00 PM

Subpar o-line has some to do with it, but Alexander does not run as hard as he did 2 years ago. I think alot of it too is due to his age, what is he 30 now a running back endures alot of punishment by the time they reach that age in the nfl and it is starting take a toll on him, how many game has he missed the last 2 seasons because of injuries? The line has opened up hole in the previous games it has just taken Mo & Weaver to put a shoulder down and run through them!
Posted by: chasbo

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/16/07 08:28 PM

I think that he is afraid of getting hurt, because of the lack of blocking, therefore he doesn't hit the hole with any confidence.
Posted by: curtiselkmagnet

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/22/07 06:10 PM

I think he is a *ussy, he falls before defenders hit him. Atleast Mo Morris lowers his head to try to gain some yards and not fall down. Alexander is washed up!!
Posted by: Addicted

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/22/07 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Abu-Loomis
Every time the fans boo Alexander I get pissed off. Why would you boo a guy who hasn't changed at all from when he was so productive. He hasn't changed, his line has. The Seahawks have a pretty shitty offensive line. How do you expect him to run when he has no blocking? Did you watch the game today? No blocking...Later

Jake

I totally agree. He may be a slight bit less quick, but he has no blocking. The Seahawks should be gratefull for a quick throwing fairly smart quarterback and some good recievers, the line does not produce, even for pass protection, look how many times Hasselback is throwing with guys draped over him or in his face, horrible line play, it all starts with the line, nobody could run with our line, Morris and Weaver haven't done any with our line either, but they can catch out of the backfield.
Posted by: Blades™

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/22/07 06:43 PM

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
Posted by: mreyns_tgl

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/22/07 07:41 PM

morris is a way better back than alexander simply for one reason...he hits the hole hard, even if its closing up he plows through for a couple. Alexander will see the hole closing...run backwards...fall over...and [censored] his pants
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/22/07 09:32 PM

Originally Posted By: mreyns_tgl
morris is a way better back than alexander simply for one reason...he hits the hole hard, even if its closing up he plows through for a couple. Alexander will see the hole closing...run backwards...fall over...and [censored] his pants

Then after the game he will say " God " made me [censored]'em >)
Posted by: summerrun

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/23/07 11:53 PM

SA and the lines best game of the year run wise. Still not great but I like our chances in the NFC and we are HEALTHY...looking forward to being at the playoff game in a few weeks, the crowd will be nuts...I am betting on playing the Redskins based on what happened today. Cheers

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/23/07 11:55 PM

hell of a game to bounce back on
Posted by: curtiselkmagnet

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/24/07 12:41 PM

I think we still need to establish a good running game. S.A. is a wimp but know with his cast much smaller or off he will start catching balls in the backfield. Did anyone watch the game agianst Arizona this year that stupid cast cost us when he fumbled at the end of the game!!
Posted by: Jason Y

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/24/07 05:57 PM

Hawks+playoffs= first round elimination

Sorrys guys, but the Hawks play a weak schedule in a weak division.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/25/07 01:22 AM

wanna make a bet on that one, they will get by the first round, the second is where they will run into some trouble
Posted by: Knucklebustersonly

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/25/07 02:11 AM

Yea I'll second mreyns on that bet. I'd take it too. Hawks are tough to beat at home...After that playing on the road? I'd be more concerned

Sure they are in a bad division, but Qwest field is a damn tough spot to come in and win against the Hawks..

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/25/07 05:56 PM

im in on that bet too if PW is man enough to make it. Actually I feel confident that we have a legit shot at the Title game, GB in mid Jan will be tough but winnable, Dallas could go down to TB, we have everyone healthy and the NFC is wide open. Ya our schedule turned out to suck this year but many of the teams that sucked were in the playoffs/superbowl last year ie Bears, Ravens, Saints etc...you just play whos on the schedule and I think we are peaking at the right time, 6 w 1l last 7 games...merry xmas except PW:)

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/25/07 07:36 PM

Stranger things have happened....going to be very difficult with out a running game.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/26/07 03:58 PM

The Hawks opponets are a combined 89 and 131, if you take away Pittsburg they are 79 and 126.

Who hoo they beat the 4-11 Ravens, but they played a rookie quarter back in his first start.

They have beat teams like the 5 and 10 49ers twice, The 3 and 12 rams twice.

The only teams they have played that are above 500 are the Steelers, The Buccaners, and the Browns.

As for the wagers how about 10 50/50 rvrfshr spoons. If I win, all three of you pay Joe for 10 spoons and have them shipped to me. If I loose I will pay Joe for 10 spoons for each of you. I could use 30 spoons.
No more bets...

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/26/07 04:53 PM

Count me in
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/26/07 05:56 PM

Damn. P.W. is gonna get 30 new 50/50 RVRFSHR spoons.

Lucky SOB!

;\)

PS. Ok. Depending on which Hawks show up for the 1st playoff game, they may or may not win that one.

Past that, no way.

Oh well, no complaints though. Was a fun season to watch.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/26/07 10:43 PM

Originally Posted By: P.W
The Hawks opponets are a combined 89 and 131, if you take away Pittsburg they are 79 and 126.

Who hoo they beat the 4-11 Ravens, but they played a rookie quarter back in his first start.

The only teams they have played that are above 500 are the Steelers, The Buccaners, and the Browns.

I don't care about how good or bad the teams are we play, QWEST field is a VERY difficult place to play. They don't loose very often at home, and against either the Skins/Viking/Saints, we can beat any of them...Especially at home....

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/26/07 11:13 PM

Originally Posted By: Fish Hunter 07

I don't care about how good or bad the teams are we play, QWEST field is a VERY difficult place to play. They don't loose very often at home, and against either the Skins/Viking/Saints, we can beat any of them...Especially at home....

Maybe, however I have some POOR clock managment, Poor running game. And then our QB despite his ranking, has been know to make BAD decisions at critical times.

Remember the OT loss in Green Bay??

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/26/07 11:16 PM

Fish Hunter are you in or not, Its the 27.00, 10 pack of 50/50 rvrfshrs??

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 12:31 AM

absolutely, I am stocked with 50/50's but need to boost up my silver plated, BET ON...Go Hawks! Cheers.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 12:32 AM

Maybe, however I have some POOR clock managment, Poor running game. And then our QB despite his ranking, has been know to make BAD decisions at critical times.

Remember the OT loss in Green Bay??

Remember WHERE that OT loss was? Oh yea, away. Face it, Hawks are dominant at home. No matter what. However, I don't think too many people feel secure about them going on the road and winning...

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 12:34 AM

Oops sorry to be a downer, but I don't fish for steelhead really (been following Addicted's method for the saltwater lately however) and have no real need for any steelhead spoons.
Posted by: LoweDown

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 12:48 PM

Yea I'll second mreyns on that bet. I'd take it too.

Bootsy you were so certain of winning, what's the harm in taking 10 free spoons off ol' P.W.?? You could always sell them to buy more chum fishing gear.

Sounds like you were just flapping your gums...

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 01:27 PM

Originally Posted By: LoweDown

Bootsy you were so certain of winning, what's the harm in taking 10 free spoons off ol' P.W.?? You could always sell them to buy more chum fishing gear.

I don't have any need for 10 spoons. Like I said before, I don't fish rivers at all, so no need for the rvrfshrs... If the bet was something along the lines of some saltwater salmon gear, I'd probably be in. I go back to college in a little over 10 days so I donn't have any need for spoons..
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 02:12 PM

I'll take FH07's bet.

Hawks at home vs. Redskins, Saints or Minnesota. Hawks at HOME, in the PLAYOFFS, having been in the playoffs for 5 STRAIGHT YEARS. We have THE BIG SHOW as our coach (who was just voted "Best Play Caller in the NFL"). We had re-establishment of the running game last week. We have a quarterback who is playoff tested, proven, and clutch (oh, yeah what about the OT loss to GB in 03? Well there was 05 after that, and I loved the "We want the ball and we're gonna score" showed sack). I don' t know if you noticed but we replaced Sims at LG with PORK CHOP in the second quarter last week. It made all the difference in the world. SA averaged over 5 yards per carry, Mo was down in the 3s, but he had to run in garbage time and everyone knew we would be running. We were one of only 3 teams to get 100 yards on the Ravens all year, and we gashed them.

Oh yeah, there is also the defense, they aren't too bad either. What being the #2 or 3 scoring defense in the league, and having a third of the starters on the pro bowl team.

SA is a cutback runner. The line has to hold their blocks for longer than if we have a downfield runner like Mo. If the D-tackles are in the backfield before he has a step, he will not get anywhere, when he gets to the second level he is almost the same as 05. Chop will sit this week, but he will play in the playoffs. Alexander plays his best in the playoffs, except for the Skins game in 05. I don't get the booing. I mean, he put this team on the map for the first time ever when we rode him to the SB in 05, at least a little respect is due to the guy.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: summerrun
absolutely, I am stocked with 50/50's but need to boost up my silver plated, BET ON...Go Hawks! Cheers.

So its 10 silver plated, value of 17.00+shipping

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 04:19 PM

Oops sorry to be a downer, but I don't fish for steelhead really (been following Addicted's method for the saltwater lately however) and have no real need for any steelhead spoons.

Well, spoons catch pretty much everything. Salt and freshwater. But I understand.

;\)

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 04:24 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
I'll take FH07's bet.

So 10 50/50? or 10 silver plated?? The silver plated are 17.00 plus shipping the 50/50 are 27.00.

FYI I never had any intention of placing any wagers. Just stating my opinion, I have been wrong before. I hope they win, but after watching every game this year I have no faith in them.
JY

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 04:39 PM

I want SA to play well every time not just in the playoffs RR. I'm so sick of hearing people say.." he smells the endzone" gimme a f'n break. I want SA to smell 4-5 yards regardless of the field postion!!

The paying or non paying fans have every right in the world to Boo this clown! He signs a MEGA contract and then stops running hard. The O line is not as good as before but SA needs to Nut up and PRODUCE!!

The great running backs don't need a top notch O-line in order to be productive, there are many examples of this.

Hopefully the Hawks will draft Johnathan Stewart with one of their top picks in the draft.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 06:04 PM

I'll take FH07's bet.

So 10 50/50? or 10 silver plated?? The silver plated are 17.00 plus shipping the 50/50 are 27.00.

FYI I never had any intention of placing any wagers. Just stating my opinion, I have been wrong before. I hope they win, but after watching every game this year I have no faith in them.
JY

You don't have to bet me, I don't want you to have to bet against your home team. But then again if you do, I gave away half of my 50/50 for x-mas and that is what I need. You shouldn' t have to bet until you know the opposing team, the injury report and the line from Vegas.

I still would take the bet at this point. I mean have you noticed that we have won 6 out of the last 7 games, on passing and defense alone? Even if we can't get ANY rushing out of our backs and line, we can beat an NFC wild card team.

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
I want SA to play well every time not just in the playoffs RR. I'm so sick of hearing people say.." he smells the endzone" gimme a f'n break. I want SA to smell 4-5 yards regardless of the field postion!!

The paying or non paying fans have every right in the world to Boo this clown! He signs a MEGA contract and then stops running hard. The O line is not as good as before but SA needs to Nut up and PRODUCE!!

The great running backs don't need a top notch O-line in order to be productive, there are many examples of this.

Hopefully the Hawks will draft Johnathan Stewart with one of their top picks in the draft.

I think you, me, SA, Mike H, and every other fan wants #37 to get 5 ypc too!

I don't think you can blame SA for signing a MEGA contract. I think anyone would sign the contract. I have faith that he is a competitor, and I don't think he has any intention of running into the back of the line when there are no holes. It is feast or famine with him, and when the line looks bad, he looks really bad, that is the way it is. In 2005 we could count on him to get to the second level (behind Hutch and Jones), and it was fireworks. This year he tries the exact same things and it looks bad. He does not take on tacklers head down, and never has. What has made him so great is avoiding the big hits, and akward tackles, while maintaining balance on his feet. He is taking hits and tackles the same way in 2005, as he always has (he learned from Ricky Watters about this), but now he is taking them 3 yards behind the LOS.

Now about the booing. I agree it is everyone's right to boo all they want, but WTF is the point of booing your HOME TEAM. When drunk a$$hats boo the running back it affects the whole team, not just the player holding the ball. I thought Qwest Field was famous for our home field advantage? Football is a game that is played with tremendous emotion, why would anyone want to sabotoge their own team? When a defense hears the home team getting boo'ed it pumps them up and fuels their motors. When I go to a game I pay to see us win, it would be counter-productive to my money spent to boo the home team.

JS28 is an exciting player, but unfortunately he is injury prone. If we are picking high enough I want a stud OG. With the West Coast offense and our receiver core, I would rather have a great line and serviceable backs. Plus, he will be hard to get at #32!

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 07:47 PM

I'll take FH07's bet.

JY

You don't have to bet me, I don't want you to have to bet against your home team. But then again if you do, I gave away half of my 50/50 for x-mas and that is what I need. You shouldn' t have to bet until you know the opposing team, the injury report and the line from Vegas.

I still would take the bet at this point. I mean have you noticed that we have won 6 out of the last 7 games, on passing and defense alone? Even if we can't get ANY rushing out of our backs and line, we can beat an NFC wild card team.

I know they won 6 out of seven, lets talk about number 7 the mighty 6 and 9 Panthers.

Then of course the six they beat, Not one of those teams has a winning record. Were any of them even playing QB's that started the season?

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/27/07 07:49 PM

Who said anything about blaming him for signing a big contract? More power to him..what myself and ALOT of other people don't like is SA not running hard like he did before the Big contract.

There are some players on the Hawks that despise the attitude of SA. Especially laughing and smiling and mucking it up with the other team after a loss. That shiat really looks bad, even if it's innocent and he does care about losing, just leaves a bad impression with some.

The experts were worried about Adrian Peterson's injuries before he was drafted too... :>)

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/28/07 12:29 AM

The experts were worried about Adrian Peterson's injuries before he was drafted too... :>)

do you watch football?? he missed 2 weeks with a knee injury a couple weeks ago

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/28/07 12:30 AM

Now about the booing. I agree it is everyone's right to boo all they want, but WTF is the point of booing your HOME TEAM.

What do you want them to do? cheer for him for falling on his ass?

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/28/07 01:42 AM

Originally Posted By: mreyns_tgl

do you watch football?? he missed 2 weeks with a knee injury a couple weeks ago

I was making an analogy about college players that were injury prone and then their stock dropping in the NFL draft. Last time I checked AP was in the NFL....next time pay attention before you open your pie hole!

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/28/07 01:45 AM

Rocket,I was at 7 home games this year and SA looked like he quit that is why he was booed. Everyone knows the O line has sucked with the run blocking UNTIL last week and if you know football you know what happened a month or two ago doesnt mean jack...we will go in on a roll, healthy and running the ball better than we have all year...Ill take my chances and PW its all good, Ill even wager 10 silver plated vs your 10 50/50 as a bonus for you taking the road team in QWest...cheers

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/28/07 01:46 AM

guess you should be a little more direct with your analogies...thought u were talking about his playability in the NFL

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 06:35 PM

bump

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 06:51 PM

skins

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 06:52 PM

Bring on the skins, should be a tough game but Hawks will win by 7. Hasslebeck hurt his right wrist which could really suck but doesnt look too severe...PW Ill be fishing some new spoons next week thanks to you...cheers

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 06:53 PM

PW Ill be fishing some new spoons next week thanks to you...cheers

\:D

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 06:57 PM

PW Ill be fishing some new spoons next week thanks to you...cheers

We Shall see. I hope the hawks win, the skins look pretty tough.

I think the hawks will expect to win and lose by 17.

I think I will be getting 40 spoons.

Insert "pot and spoon", stir stir stir

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 09:12 PM

pearl

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 09:13 PM

\:D

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/30/07 09:21 PM

pearl

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/31/07 12:06 AM

Rocket,I was at 7 home games this year and SA looked like he quit that is why he was booed. Everyone knows the O line has sucked with the run blocking UNTIL last week and if you know football you know what happened a month or two ago doesnt mean jack...

I completely get why people were booing. I just don't think it serves the real purpose of going to the games. To win them. Yeah, they get their points across, and #37 feels bad, but it also affects other players on the team, and even worse it pumps up the opposing defense.

Mreyns - When he falls on his ass behind the LOS I expect the fans to do the same thing they do when Matt H, throws an interception. Get pissed, yell "damn!", and get over it, don't try and bring down the team.

Congrats SA on the 100 touchdowns, #7 all time making NFL history, and you get booed. Welcome to Seattle!

ANYWAYS, it all doesn't matter now.

SATURDAY 1:30 PM

It is going to be a good game. There are two very good head coaches, going up against one another. Both teams are going to be prepared, both teams have a good veteran core. The early line has the Hawks -3.5 which is basically an even match (3 points for home), with a bit of a pointer to the Hawks.

The D laid an egg today, but they will be jacked to play this playoff game. There is no doubt that the Skins are hot, but they are playing on really high emotion right now, and IMO playing over their head a bit (again, very good coaching). They are coming in with a "pocket" passer, and their best receiver is Santana Moss, which plays a little into our hands, since we have a good corner back, especially against shorter receivers. The wild card in all of this is Cooley, our probowl outside linebackers, are not good in pass coverage. I have a feeling we are going to get gouged by the TE dump passes this game. I also have a feeling we will get 4+ sacks, due to Collins mobility or lack thereof.

Our running game is coming back into form. I don't know if you guys noticed it today or not? Pork Chop is making the difference. Mark it down. If we start with Chop next to Jones, we will run the ball. They held Chop as a backup the whole year because he is fragile, but his experience is making the difference in run blocking. Did you see the the cutback runs today, out of both backs? Also, we have a QB who wins playoff games, and the game will be put on his shoulders. I don't know if you guys remember the 05 skins playoff game in the same situation. #37 went down in the first quarter and #8 basically took the thing over and won it on his own. We will have all of our receivers next week.

I still like the bet, a lot, even if I weren't a homer.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Hawk's Game - 12/31/07 02:54 PM

just about every team that was playoff bound lost yesturday. i am glad to see patriots go 16/0, thats a tough feat to do. anyways bring on the redskins!!!

Re: Hawk's Game - 01/06/08 02:52 AM

...and lets start a HAWK vs PACK thread...in fact i will right now...skins done onward baby...cheers
Posted by: LoweDown

Re: Hawk's Game - 01/06/08 09:11 AM

Re: Hawk's Game - 01/06/08 01:03 PM

I'll second that