NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58

Posted by: jackiepoo

NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/13/08 05:25 PM

Just saw it on the KIRO sight and thought I would pass along the sad news.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/13/08 05:30 PM

58 is young.... " Press the meat " was entertaing at times.
Posted by: j 7

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/13/08 06:52 PM

Bummer. I liked Tim and thought he did his job well.
Posted by: fishpolelease

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/13/08 08:02 PM

I always liked Russert. Mostly because my friends that are Left think he was too far right and my friends that are Right thought he was too far left. Guess it's time to take MTP off the tivo, bummer.
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/13/08 08:48 PM

What a shame, 58 years is way too young.

Mf
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/14/08 02:49 PM

I don't watch enough TV to have seen his show. Still, whenever someone younger than I dies like that, I take notice. My sympathy to his friends and family.

Sg
Posted by: Oregonian

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/14/08 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By: fishpolelease
I always liked Russert. Mostly because my friends that are Left think he was too far right and my friends that are Right thought he was too far left.

Is there anybody who didn't like him, as well as think he was smart ?
Why didn't we elect him ?
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/14/08 09:39 PM

Cause he was to honest.
Posted by: Salmonella

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/15/08 01:01 PM

58 is TOO young.
Same age that my dad was when he died.
A very sobering thought on father's day indeed.
Tim Russert's public persona was one of honesty, integrity, toughness and compassion.
A very class act, one that will surely leave an unfillable void in this world of polarizing media figures.
Posted by: Idaho Mike

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/15/08 11:33 PM

Very sad indeed. I will miss him on election night. I loved his low tech white board for figuring out what each candidate needs to do to win.

Tim's untimely death should be a message to all of us, that we need to get checked out. For fifty percent of us the first symptom of a heart problem is sudden death.
Posted by: stever in everett

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/16/08 11:37 AM

He had a nack of holding up the facts to people when they tried to deny they had said something. There was a great clip on over the weekend with him and McCain, where McCain denied saying something and Tim Russert showed him two different newspapers with each having interviewed McCain. Then McCain was back peddeling saying what he ment was....
Posted by: jackiepoo

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/16/08 12:29 PM

Tim Russert had an interview shown this weekend with Tom Brokaw, probably one of manym but in particular the subject matter was regarding Russert's book where in which he talked about his love for his father and his love formhis son. I had one of the best fathers day ever with my Dad just honing in on the moment and cheriashing what I am so lucky to have, whixh is 2 great parents.
Posted by: docspud

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/16/08 01:37 PM

Russert was one of the good ones. One of the few I add. Nice guy and well respected.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/16/08 02:19 PM

I hope Tim Russert rests in peace but this is getting a little bit like the Nixon funeral ("you know, he really was the best president ever").

He certainly seemed like a nice guy and his book about his father deserves a lot of respect but journalistically (at least recently) I'd say there is quite a bit to question.

Peace be with his family and friends.
Posted by: Sol

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/17/08 10:49 AM

I hear ya, I never liked the guy. I remember when he interviewed Arnold Swarzenager after Arnold made the statement that religous people were weak minded and he asked Arnold "If he believed Jesus Christ was our lord and savor" with that judgemental frown I've come to hate from the sheep people.
Posted by: stever in everett

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/17/08 02:50 PM

One should not speak ill of the dead. After all they can not defend themselves.
Posted by: Sol

Re: NBC's Tim Russert Dead of heart attack @ age 58 - 06/17/08 02:54 PM

Yeah, I've heard that [censored], too, chief.