Obama gun ban process is starting.

Posted by: Dogfish

Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 11:45 AM

Holder on weapons

Screw Mexico. I say we keep our guns and they keep their people in Mexico. Fair trade by me.
Posted by: dewbie

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 11:53 AM

we could use our guns to keep people in mexico grin

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 11:56 AM

Good call!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 12:32 PM

Shoot, shovel, shut-up.
Posted by: docspud

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 12:36 PM

I still dont get that one Aunty. When we were kids twenty five years ago we snuck into a lake owned be this rancher. We heard there were large trout in there and being little ____'s we decided to check it out. Of course the rancher was a little smarter than us and used a drainage ditch to sneek up on hte sneekers. He held our three little twelve year old butts for 45 min at gun point until the sheriff arrived. We found out how much he did not like people fishing his pond or kids in general I think. My parents went ahead and whooped my butt for it. One of my little gang got in no trouble and his parents were outraged at his treatment by this rancher and wanted to press charges on him. The sheriff told them they were lucky he did not shoot us as he could have and that was that.
I guess the law changes or that sheriff had a different spin on it.
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:10 PM

So how is Holder going to get the Mexican drug cartells to turn over their weapons since he used that as an example as to why enacted a law banning some weapons.
Posted by: Pisco Sicko

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:26 PM

JG, he didn't say anything about taking guns away, that the cartels already have in their hands.(Good luck to the Mexican police and federales.) He thinks this will make it tougher for them to get any new ones.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:29 PM

When they can get used full auto AK's on the black market in any African country for $100, why spend $1,000+ for a semi-auto equivalent in the US.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:41 PM

Is that their source for weaponry? I can see how price counts, but somehow they have to get it home. I don't know how much experience they have with that transit.
Posted by: Mikespike

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Dogfish
When they can get used full auto AK's on the black market in any African country for $100, why spend $1,000+ for a semi-auto equivalent in the US.

You're missing the point - with assault weapons being illegal, Blackwater would be out of business wink stir
Posted by: Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:51 PM

I wish I would have had enough money to open a gun shop on November 5th...I'd have filled it up with every gun that looks like something the security detail from some petty dictator would carry, then put a 20 ft. by 30 ft. sign outside reading "BE SCARED, BE VERY SCARED!!".

I could have retired by now.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. It's been three months since the election, one month since Obama took over the reigns, and no one has come to my door asking for my guns yet...
Posted by: elk

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 01:54 PM

What a lame ass load of crap reason for shredding the 2nd Amendment! And that's what this is, a continuation of assault on civil liberties and a shredding of constitutionally guaranteed rights. Not "granted" rights, guaranteed rights.

We went through this crap with Clinton. It was wrong then & it's wrong now. The last "ban" did not reduce crime. Nope...sure didn't.

Damn.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Pisco Sicko
Is that their source for weaponry? I can see how price counts, but somehow they have to get it home. I don't know how much experience they have with that transit.

If they can ship drugs like they do and get a majority of their shipments through, how hard would it be to get arrms through another route? They would rather have more effective weapons than just the watered down version. I sure would. They have the money as well. Yes, a good amount of their weaponry comes from black market sources from outside of the US, like South America & Africa.

NEW full auto weapons are not available for sale to the general public in the U.S. In certain states, Class 3 weapons (full auto), can be owned by citizens if they pass background checks and pay the appropriate tax stamps. A gun like a MAC-10 is about $3,000. UZI's $5-7,000, MP-5s go for $20-25,000, AK's $8-15,000 depnding on style, M-16's go for $20-25,000. All of which had to be manufactured prior to a specific date, I believe 1984. Washingtonians are allowed to own these, provided they owned them prior to July 1st, 1994. A few other exceptions would also apply, but you would either have to be an armorer, Class 3 dealer, or manufacturer, essentially. This is a broad generalization, but it gets you close. We had our Federal Firearm's Licenses for about 9 years before we let them expire and close up shop.

So, spend $3-25,000 for a full auto version here, or $100 there. Plus they would have to go through a BATFE transfer process to buy the full auto gun from the lawful owner. Using that math, it becomes obvious where they get their full auto weapons, which is outside of the US. Feel good legislation.

Unfortunately for me, I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.
Posted by: j 7

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 04:03 PM

This dosent seem right. Americans have their 2nd amendment rights infringed on because things are bad in Mexico? Last time I checked they were two seperate countries with seperate leaders and laws.
Posted by: Castingpearls

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 04:03 PM

That is unfortunate Dogfish. Sorry to hear it.
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 05:46 PM

Unfortunately for me, I lost all of my guns in a boating accident.

Same damn thing happened to me......
Posted by: Oregonian

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 09:02 PM

WE aught to just start packing, right out in the open, 24/7. There is strength in numbers...

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 09:26 PM

I think the fearful among us should just go out and buy 35 or 40 guns this week...it will insure that you'll have your necessary weapons for Armageddon, and it will also stimulate the economy...perfect solution.

Several hours more after my first post on this thread...no one's been at my door looking to take any of my guns.

I guess I'm just lucky...apparently they're after all the rest of your's.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 09:30 PM

Damn I can't get a new assault rifle for the Fall 09 Hunt!
Posted by: goharley

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/26/09 11:17 PM

Damn, has it been two weeks already?
Posted by: stlhead

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 11:14 AM

"We went through this crap with Clinton."

Yes, then as now, the extreme paranoid "nuts who shouldn't own guns" started foaming at the mouth the day after the election.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 11:26 AM

Originally Posted By: stlhead
"We went through this crap with Clinton."

Yes, then as now, the extreme paranoid "nuts who shouldn't own guns" started foaming at the mouth the day after the election.

do you have any idea how many new restrictions came about with Clinton in office? people are worried because that dumb ass took away a lot of our gun rights just as the new jack ass in office will do. you guys who have a problem with gun owners voicing their concerns about the possibility of more gun restrictions are some of the dumbest people i have ever encountered.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:15 PM

I went out last night to watch the Husky game, and against my better judgment I didn't pack all my guns into my rig and the put them all in my pockets when I went into the bar.

Luckily, when I got home they were still there. I was afraid Obama would come and take them while I was out.

Whew.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Day 37, no guns taken yet.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:19 PM

hi! im Todd! Im a Jack Ass!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:25 PM

Update: Guns still here.

Nice to meet you, Jack Ass!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:33 PM

Todd, surely you can grasp that freedoms are not just declared obsolete in broad daylight, but rather get chipped away in the night...

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:37 PM

I would be interested in a list of tangible problems that tighter gun control laws are likely to solve.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:37 PM

Todd, do you actually use guns or do you just post on gun threads because you think everyone should hear your opinion? I have quite a few guns that i hunt with that are now illegal. i use them for hunting and target practice but they are illegal because of dumb shits like you who think that you are paranoid if you say that the government is trying to take guns away. coming to take guns away and making certain guns illegal are two different things. i am worried about more guns becoming illegal and more restrictions on guns that i own. i have never thought that someone would come to my door to take my guns....even you liberals are to smart to try something like that. we are concerned about restrictions....pay attention or dont post.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:39 PM

Oregonian...get off it. If this was about "rights", then all you right wingers would have been screaming bloody murder of the past eight years as several well established rights were trampled repeatedly by your boy in the White House.

It's about guns, and guys who like them.

I don't have a problem with that...I own guns, and I like them...but I do have a problem that they seem to think trampling every other right is fine so long as they don't touch their guns.

I wish people would just be honest about it, that's all.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:47 PM

Great, I see we agree on several things, but I must mention that I'm not too hip on any polititions, at least none from recent memory. I was as disapointed at the politics/fear mongering that came out of the 9/11 attack as anyone. I see all this gun control hysteria as a money making scam perpetuated by lobbyists.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Oregonian
Great, I see we agree on several things, but I must mention that I'm not too hip on any polititions, at least none from recent memory. I was as disapointed at the politics/fear mongering that came out of the 9/11 attack as anyone. I see all this gun control hysteria as a money making scam perpetuated by lobbyists.

there is only one way to gain trust in the government again and that will be to vote for Ron Paul
Posted by: Sara Palin

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: dewbie
pay attention or dont post.

wow, 108 posts in 3 weeks. You're on a roll.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 12:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Sara Palin
pay attention or dont post.

wow, 108 posts in 3 weeks. You're on a roll.

im sure being sara palin during the election was funny and all, but.....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 01:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Oregonian

I think that is about as true as it gets...right after the election I had to drive down to Astoria for business, and driving through one of the little towns on Hwy 30 there was a gun shop with a big sign out front saying "Buy Guns Now While You Still Can!!"...electing a Democrat may have been the best thing that ever happened to the gun industry, just like 9/11 was the best thing that ever happened to the military industrial complex.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 01:28 PM

"do you have any idea how many new restrictions came about with Clinton in office? people are worried because that dumb ass took away a lot of our gun rights just as the new jack ass in office will do. you guys who have a problem with gun owners voicing their concerns about the possibility of more gun restrictions are some of the dumbest people i have ever encountered."

Yup and I'll take the attitude of those whom shall be labeled gun nuts....."it doesn't effect me so I don't care" or "well if it keeps us safe" or "the President knows more than us common citizens". I especially like the "I'll vote for my guns" types. The one defining issue in all of the free world or continuing to be a free country is gun ownership. pretty strange. Border line nuts. And nuts shouldn't own guns. Once you are OK with rights being taken away, as has happened under Bushco, then you should lose all of your rights including gun ownership.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 01:39 PM

The polititions are currently (and recently) taking the money, they are only mentioning the guns as a diversion.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 01:43 PM

rights have been taken away by most presidents, not just bush. it would seem you people only like to talk about bush though. i vote for small government, which really hasn't been an option the past few elections. call me a nut if you want, i own lots of firearms and use them frequently.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 01:43 PM

Some other notable diversions: Climate change, Renewable energy, Economy, National security, War, Gitmo, Race, etc...

The thing is, they are taking all the money........all over the globe there are people gathering money like never before, and the masses are going to see that at some point.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 02:02 PM

speaking of climate change, i cant remember the last time that i had a foot of snow at my house at the end of February.....must be getting colder

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 02:25 PM

There's that narrow vision again. The ice caps are melting...and that's a fact. Whether it snows in your front yard or not doesn't make it all a lie. The only debate right now should be who or what is causing it and the vast majority of scientist, who are more qualified than us, agree that it is man made. The most recent article I've read call for the seas potentially rising 3 to 5 feet which could have a big impact. Also, the warming of the oceans could lead to extinction of our fish. But hey, it's all good at your house.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 02:27 PM

By the way cold does not equate to snow. The colder it is the less it will snow. Contemplating that one should keep you busy.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 02:31 PM

wow, thats a touchy one for you isnt it. did you forget your midol this morning? different scientists who get paid by different people say different things. you can choose to believe which ever one you want. you dont know my background in science, and if i was you i wouldnt assume anything about me.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 02:42 PM

"you can choose to believe which ever one you want."

As you seem to do.
I can only assume things about you from your posts. They are very telling.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 02:49 PM

"you can choose to believe which ever one you want."

As you seem to do.

no kidding....do you have someone else choose your opinions for you? kinda sounds like it.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 03:19 PM

Todd, the gooberment has no use for you're Dasiey Red riders....I'm sure you will be ok ? smile

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 03:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
There's that narrow vision again. The ice caps are melting...and that's a fact.

Accdording to a recent University of Illinois study, there is now as much Polar ice in Antarctica as there was in 1979. That icecap growth there equals the land mass of California.

but he read just the opposite from a "scientist" you must be mistaken, because he read it somewhere.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 03:51 PM

Do you trust NASA?

And Dewbie...don't know what to say...the name fits man.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 03:55 PM

Do you trust NASA?

And Dewbie...don't know what to say...the name fits man.

thanks grin i thought it was a good fit too.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 04:03 PM

are you saying you trust nasa? government funded normally would mean not trustworthy.
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 04:08 PM

Hank - Two problems with your last post... well 3 actually.

1 - The University of Illinois study was of ARCTIC polar ice. The Arctic is the NORTH pole.

2 - The results of the study actually found a 9% DECREASE in total area... NOT an increase as was purported by most of the right-wing media.

3 - I thought you were more of a thinkin' man's conservative... and not as prone to regurgitating inaccurate talking points from the right-wing echo chamber as some of your compadre's here are.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 04:16 PM

"are you saying you trust nasa? government funded normally would mean not trustworthy."

Well NASA does have some pretty damn good cameras that take pictures from a much better vantage point than your back yard.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 04:17 PM

I know......never landed on the moon....all a hoax....they're trying to get my guns...blah, blah, blah.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 04:22 PM

your not going to tell me that i can see russia from my backyard are you? cause i feel like that one is coming next.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 04:38 PM

KK, never believe anything the media reports.....

OOPS!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 05:16 PM

Originally Posted By: Kanektok Kid
Oh, my quote was from the U of Illinois.............but I know you can't believe academia, after all, where do all those media people go ?

College.

I rest my case.................. grin

i always thought those media people went straight to hell

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 05:26 PM

Oh, my quote was from the U of Illinois.............but I know you can't believe academia, after all, where do all those media people go ?

College.

I rest my case.................. grin

Famous professor that hailed from Illinois... I'm just sayin' wink rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 05:41 PM

Dogfish lost his guns in a boat mishap. They sank.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 06:00 PM

"Dogfish lost his guns in a boat mishap. They sank."

Guns don't get lost they get taken. Sure it wasn't a white whale? He's coming right for us!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 06:15 PM

"Dogfish lost his guns in a boat mishap. They sank."

Guns don't get lost they get taken. Sure it wasn't a white whale? He's coming right for us!

This doesn't fool Ron Paul, but he's gonna do away with ATF anyhow whistle... rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 06:23 PM

Shoot KK,

We're almost family, in a MCCleary way.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 06:28 PM

Shoot KK,

We're almost family, in a MCCleary way.

rofl thats funny cause ive been there

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 09:23 PM

Update:

6:22pm, Friday, February 27th. 38th day of the reign of socialism and gun thievery in the US of A.

Guns still here...no sign of black booted thugs all day.

Carry on.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 09:32 PM

When they do, you guys will be the first to know...I'll post daily updates on the status of my gun locker.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 09:47 PM

rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 10:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Todd
Update:

6:22pm, Friday, February 27th. 38th day of the reign of socialism and gun thievery in the US of A.

The economy isn't fixed yet and troops are still deployed. Was that going to happen in the first 38 days? Oh yeah, what else did he say he would do......hmmmmm. Maybe these things actualy do take time to take effect. Its clear that the Obama regime has a plan for the economy, the wars, and our guns.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 11:30 PM

They can fix/brake anything, just keep sending the money...

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/27/09 11:32 PM

Originally Posted By: j 7
Update:

The economy isn't fixed yet and troops are still deployed. Was that going to happen in the first 38 days? Oh yeah, what else did he say he would do......hmmmmm. Maybe these things actualy do take time to take effect. Its clear that the Obama regime has a plan for the economy, the wars, and our guns.

That's why I'm doing my "Public Service Updates"...so that the rest of you will know precisely the moment when they come and take my guns...if you're lucky you'll have time to run out and lose them in a boating accident smile

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 01:28 AM

That'd be "jack booted thugs", not black booted thugs.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 01:45 AM

Jack boot of color ?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 12:08 PM

As Marsha pointed out, even though it's the last day of the season on my local streams and I haven't fished in almost a week, I'm at home working instead...some important stuff going on.

Hank, I'm not surprised at the "no revival" part...and I guess I'm not surprised that even though it was never going to happen that all the gun nuts were telling us all along that it was...and like I said, if I had the scratch I would have opened a gun shop on Nov. 4th and sold guns that look like UZI's...I'd have made enough money to retire by now just selling guns to the fraidy cats out there who think someone's here to take their guns every goddamm day.

At least they're a good part of their own little economic stimulus plan...good guns, even if bought out of fear, are expensive!

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 02:25 PM

Actually the real money is in ammo....
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 03:04 PM

"the real money is in ammo...."

No kidding! I've been looking at some shotguns recently, and now I realize the gun is the cheap part. It's gonna' cost me a small fortune to shoot the damn thing.

Sg

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 03:43 PM

Salmo--- Shotgun ammo, believe it or not, has not increased as disproportionately as some of the NATO rounds like 9mm, 5.56 or 7.62X51. It's gone crazy all on speculation.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 05:54 PM

That's why I stocked up on ammo a few years ago. Got two new AR-15 lowers today. What to build? Maybe I'll just keep them, buy one a month or so, like I bought stocks in the past. Hope I don't lose those in a boating accident.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 02/28/09 06:14 PM

Dogfish----5.45X39 ammo is still available....an AR in that caliber could have some benefits.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/02/09 09:35 PM

Sorry I haven't checked in over the past four days...been really busy.

Just checked...no change to the gun cabinet, no thugs in the yard, no menacing letters from HSA.

Maybe those gun thieves just don't know where I live? From hearing some of you, I'm really surprised they haven't been here twice already.

I'm going fishing tomorrow...mebbe I should take 'em all with me just in case?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/02/09 10:52 PM

As long as they sink in a boating accident. wink

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/02/09 10:56 PM

rofl
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/02/09 11:07 PM

The biggest difference between today and 1994 is that the Supreme Court ruled in favor of indiviuals rights to keep and bear arms in Wa. DC v Heller. There is a real legal question of an "assault weopons ban" even being constitutional.

Of course there is also the usual liberal special intrests conflict ie union members are great liberals but also hunters while anti gun nuts are also good little liberals. Always a challange for Dem's to keep each little interest group happy. My guess is that Obama is working with the NRA on these "press releases" in an effort to keep each special interest group in the money. So until I see a law before Congress this is all a lot to do about nothing. If I've learned one thing over the last 20 years is that never listen to what politicians say but look at their actions. In this case it's all just talk now.

As for the so called "assault weopons" my experiance tells me they are a good thing to have around. I just purchased a .308 Marlin Express lever action rifle. Been breaking in the barral and getting the scope sighted in. So here I have a non sub MOA rifle that is shooting MOA type groups while the whole time being surrounded by dozen of AR-15 type rifles being shot by clowns that are lucky to even hit paper at 100 yards. Damnedist thing I've watched. Their all stunned when I pack up after three rounds when they've got 100 rounds left to attempt to get their rifle sighted in. I say keep selling them!
Posted by: huntncoug

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/02/09 11:28 PM

Originally Posted By: BroodBuster
The biggest difference between today and 1994 is that the Supreme Court ruled in favor of indiviuals rights to keep and bear arms in Wa. DC v Heller. There is a real legal question of an "assault weopons ban" even being constitutional.

Of course there is also the usual liberal special intrests conflict ie union members are great liberals but also hunters while anti gun nuts are also good little liberals. Always a challange for Dem's to keep each little interest group happy. My guess is that Obama is working with the NRA on these "press releases" in an effort to keep each special interest group in the money. So until I see a law before Congress this is all a lot to do about nothing. If I've learned one thing over the last 20 years is that never listen to what politicians say but look at their actions. In this case it's all just talk now.

As for the so called "assault weopons" my experiance tells me they are a good thing to have around. I just purchased a .308 Marlin Express lever action rifle. Been breaking in the barral and getting the scope sighted in. So here I have a non sub MOA rifle that is shooting MOA type groups while the whole time being surrounded by dozen of AR-15 type rifles being shot by clowns that are lucky to even hit paper at 100 yards. Damnedist thing I've watched. Their all stunned when I pack up after three rounds when they've got 100 rounds left to attempt to get their rifle sighted in. I say keep selling them!

Is whats funny about this is that I am a union member and work with union members every day. Because they are union they should consider themselves as liberal, but becuase of the gun issue, many of these guys consider themselves conservative and make fun of liberals. To tell them they are liberals would grounds for a tongue thrashing.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/02/09 11:33 PM

But they vote the D ticket....or whatever to rep says to vote,"Work First".

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 12:23 AM

Dropped off the guns from the DU auction, and wouldn't you know it, they only had one AR-15 lower left. When I left they had none.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 08:23 AM

What's up with the lack of available ammo?
Posted by: alanmikkelsen

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 09:43 AM

......It's all part of the stimulus plan........

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 01:47 PM

Dropped off the guns from the DU auction, and wouldn't you know it, they only had one AR-15 lower left. When I left they had none.

are you trying to replenish your stock since you lost all of your guns in a boating accident?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 01:48 PM

Must be a whole lot of gun nuts out there......... laugh

i resemble that

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 02:09 PM

I would think the ammo shortage is due to the wars or Mehico.

(CBS) Mexico's police are overwhelmed in part because drug traffickers have them outgunned. Mexico's Attorney General Eduardo Medina-Mora is helping lead the effort to break up the cartels.

"Half of what we seize, 55 percent are assault rifles. And this is what gives these groups this intimidation power. Over 17,000 assault rifles, throughout the last two years. Two thousand and 200 grenades, missile and rocket launchers. Fifty caliber sniper rifles," the attorney general explained.

It might surprise you to learn where all these guns are coming from. It turns out 90 percent of them are purchased in the US.

"The Second Amendment was never designed to arm criminal groups, and especially not foreign criminal groups as it is today," Medina-Mora said.

Asked if he blames the U.S. for not doing more to stop this flow, he told Cooper, "We believe that much more needs to be done. We need a much more committed effort from the U.S."
Posted by: Moe the Sleaze

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 02:27 PM

Ammo....I cannot find 7.62x39. (anyone?) It's getting tough to find .357 .
It's all being bought up.

About the only caliber I've seen full shelves of is .40

Your day to day "workhorse war rounds" are disappearing with the only exception being the all-american 5.56
Posted by: FishRanger

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 03:21 PM

5.56 is only good for shooting gophers and rabbitts, since we are apparently soon going to be under attack by large fat democratic "Jack Booted Thugs" those rounds are ineffective and have not been purchased. .. .. . . . . .. . moose
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 03:22 PM

Stlfuk and Todd,

I keep hearing about how our rights were taken away in the last 8 years, but when I asked stlfuk a couple of times on a thread a little while ago there was no response.

So I'll ask again, what actual rights did you have taken away or trampled on because of the repugnicans in the last 8 years?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 03:52 PM

"The Second Amendment was never designed to arm criminal groups, and especially not foreign criminal groups as it is today," Medina-Mora said.

it doesnt....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 04:47 PM

WRscofflaw, good timing for a pud.

"In a speech Monday, Obama's attorney general, Eric Holder said that too often in the past decade the fight against terrorism has been put in opposition to "our tradition of civil liberties."

That "has done us more harm than good," he declared. "I've often said that the test of a great nation is whether it will adhere to its core values not only when it is easy but when it is hard."

Where do you want to start? Warrantless wiretapping? Indefinite detention without a trial? How about the Patriot act authorizing searches of your home without telling you? Which amendments should we start with? The first and the fourth? Bush had the DOJ determine he could legally restrict freedom of speech and freedom of the press under the guise of terrorism. Take a drive on the Olympic Penninsula and maybe you'll run into one of the Border Patrol checkpoints miles from any border.
It's not the second amendment so why are you concerned and why now? Should have been awake years ago.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 04:51 PM

and that is why both of you should have voted for Ron Paul....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 05:37 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Quote:
It's not the second amendment so why are you concerned and why now? Should have been awake years ago.

I was against that crap and never defended Bush's trampling on the Constitution and I'm JUST as against Obama doing it.

It would appear the jokesters here are not. Funny how you all want to blame Bush and excuse Obama, huh?

that is exactly what i was thinking

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 05:46 PM

Sthlfuk,

You still missed my point.. None of those things affect you. I asked how your personal freedoms were affected.

Here are a list of mine Demosocialists have taken away or are working on..

Right to lift my truck and put any aftermarket parts on it.

Right to fire an employee for any damn reason I chose (run the risk or percieved discrimination)

Right to buy my kid a small ATV (have lead in them, deadly in CA)

Right to buy a Brand new 3 wheeler

New bill to GPS's in cars to tax mileage

Right to smoke in a bar where everyone smokes (hell the owner smokes)

Right to a highcap mag for any of my semi auto guns

Currently moves in place to reanact the fairness doctrine (a direct affront to free speach and business freedom)

So let me get this straight, they falsely detained you, tapped your phone, and wouldn't let you fairly report on the war.. Your shittin me right. I asked what freedoms you ( personally, not percieved) have lost. I've lost some and have quite a few more on the chopping block.

BTW,
Obivously having an armed populace is not a percieved threat to any of our enemys.

Admiral Yamamoto famously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: willametteriveroutlaw

Admiral Yamamoto famously said "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a man with a rifle behind every blade of grass."

someone has mowed your lawn a little too short. smile

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:06 PM

"None of those things affect you"

Applies to about 80% of what you listed. Hasn't effected you has it?

Wow....what a warped sense of thinking. So losing my right to having a phone conversation without being eavesdropped upon doesn't effect me? Losing my right to having my house locked up and knowing the Govt can't enter and search it without my knowledge doesn't effect me? Losing my right to travel freely within our borders without running into Fed Govt checkpoints doesn't effect me? I have to actually be detained indefinitely without trial in order to have lost my right against that?

So in your warped world, if you have no intention of purchasing another firearm and the right to purchase a firearm is taken away then you really didn't lose anything right? Doesn't effect you right?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:08 PM

Stlhead-

you've totally missed the thought process here - "my dad can beat up your dad." rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:11 PM

Yeah but what about yo momma?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:15 PM

stlhead, he picks the 2nd amendment to be concerned about, you pick the patriot act.....who gives a sh!t....everyone has different things that they care about. you seem to want to impose your beliefs onto other though....kinda like bush with the patriot act.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:16 PM

Yeah but what about yo momma?

don't know, we can't get any communication in or out of guantanamo rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:26 PM

You can lose your rights and never know it because of a gag order-

Quote:
In 2005, Library Connection received a National Security Letter (NSL) from the FBI, along with its accompanying perpetual gag order, demanding library patrons’ records. Christian and the three members of the Executive Committee of the board engaged the ACLU to file suit to challenge the constitutional validity of the NSL. Because section 505 of the USA PATRIOT Act, which authorizes the FBI to demand records without prior court approval, also forbids, or “gags,” anyone who receives an NSL from telling anyone else about receiving it, they also challenged the validity of the gag order.

From- http://librarian.lishost.org/?cat=27

You seem remarkably uninformed.
Posted by: Chum Man

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:28 PM

you can do that all you want, but if it isn't legal for the road, tough [censored].(i'm a PNW4WDA member, btw)
Quote:

Right to fire an employee for any damn reason I chose (run the risk or percieved discrimination)
last i checked, everywhere i've worked in this state has a line in the job offer stating "we can terminate your employment at any time for any reason"
Quote:

legislative oversight. i don't agree with it, i don't think the legislators thought of that, and i'm certain it will be soon corrected.
Quote:

write the companies, they're perfectly legal...no demand for them.
Quote:

while i don't necessarily agree with it, someone like you with your big "yeehaw redneck mud boggin truck" would probably pay less than most people because it probably doesn't get driven as much(and gas taxes pay for roads currently)
Quote:

majority rule, fella.
Quote:

probably the only legitimate RIGHT being infringed upon here.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:29 PM

Wish they'd detain dewbie and get him off the drugs. His brain is fried. Can't even make a rational or irrational argument. Refresh....Reeefresh......reeeeeeefresh.....my precious.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:31 PM

people should be able to smoke on their own property and it shouldn't be up to the majority....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:34 PM

Wish they'd detain dewbie and get him off the drugs. His brain is fried. Can't even make a rational or irrational argument. Refresh....Reeefresh......reeeeeeefresh.....my precious.

right....i have never done a drug that would fry the brain, only ones that make them little cells go to sleep for a bit. smile so when you dont have an argument do you just attack the person you disagree with? that is real intelligent of you sick

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:36 PM

people should be able to smoke on their own property and it shouldn't be up to the majority....

What if a majority of the people are smoking on your property? And they won't share rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 06:39 PM

now thats just plain mean

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 08:52 PM

None of those is a violation of your constitutional rights. However, one could be if misused by someone. My bet is you can't figure out which one, however.

Everything you've listed is an opportunity, not a constitutional right. Not even the prohibition of highcap magazines prevents you from bearing arms, since you obviously already own the weapon for said magazine.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 08:59 PM

Originally Posted By: goharley

None of those is a violation of your constitutional rights. However, one could be if misused by someone. My bet is you can't figure out which one, however.

Everything you've listed is an opportunity, not a constitutional right. Not even the prohibition of highcap magazines prevents you from bearing arms, since you obviously already own the weapon for said magazine.

so, you think it is okay for someone to take said "opportunities" away?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 09:12 PM

Doesn't matter; a delineation must be made between what is a right--protected by government--and what is not.

Would you be willing to die to protect someone's "right" to install a lift kit or buy a 3-wheeler?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/03/09 09:17 PM

i dont think that is what he was getting at, he think he was saying that he has been affected by restrictions from dems more then that of repubs. i personally would die for the freedoms of america and to keep those freedoms....you would be hard pressed to get me take my lift off of my truck...that fvcker was a lot of work!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/04/09 11:11 AM

After all, a lifted truck is by far more important than say..........Habeas Corpus....... rofl

The mere idea that you should feel that 'dying' for the 'freedoms' somehow includes a lifted truck........... grin ....................or a 3 wheeler.

'Train Wreck' isn't only what your smoking, it's also what your posts read like.

everytime i see a post from you a ramones song goes through my head....The KKK took my baby away....must be because of all the k's and the burning cross. it is kind of a sick song sang in a cheerful way....another reason i cant take you serious.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/04/09 11:15 AM

Went fishin', was gone a day and a half, and didn't bring any guns...they were all here when I got home.

Whew.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 04:10 PM

Went fishin', was gone a day and a half, and didn't bring any guns...they were all here when I got home.

Whew.

Fish on...

Todd

I don't have to worry like you Todd, nobody will touch my emergency kit! (Inspired by Parker)

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 04:18 PM

Replace "Zombie" with "Republican" .

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 10:13 PM

Anybody know why the second amendment exists? Do you think it is to allow hunting? Do you think it is to allow for self protection? If it is for self protection, who from?

Just askin'?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 10:14 PM

From the other gun nuts who want to shoot you.

Just kidding...it's for getting rid of dudes like Dubya when they overstay their welcome...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 10:44 PM

So are you inferring that it was put in place to allow citizens to protect themselves from the tyranny of government?
Posted by: JoJo

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 10:51 PM

Just kidding...it's for getting rid of dudes like Dubya when they overstay their welcome...

Fish on...

Todd

At least were only stuck with a president for a max of 8 years. I'm more for getting rid of the worthless ones that don't have term limits.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/05/09 11:53 PM

Gotta get rid of lobbyists first, or term limits on Congress will be a disaster.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 12:38 PM

So are you inferring that it was put in place to allow citizens to protect themselves from the tyranny of government?

In my opinion the 2nd Amendment is there for the States to protect themselves from the tyranny of the Federal Government...back when we were a Federal republic, not the hodgepodge of states we are now.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 01:01 PM

So freedom of speech has no meaning?

How about unreasonable search & seizure?

Right to a speedy trial?

Trial by Jury?

Cruel & unusual punishment?

Race no bar to vote?

Women's sufrage?

This isn't a cafeteria plan, or religion. You either take it all as is, or change it through the prescibed method.

To say the nation has changed as a reason to make laws that gut the meaning of the 2nd amendment is BS. Arms include the firearm, ammunition, and magzines needed to operate them. What types of firearms would a tyrannical government have? And you would propose citizens citizens to fight said government with what? Give them the guns, but keep the bullets and magazines away from them?

Doesn't work for me.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 01:05 PM

You're reading too much into my comments, and not surprisingly my opinion is almost exactly what you put in your last post.

If it was really about rights, then the gun nuts would go apeshit over all the other trampling that took place over the past eight years, too...instead they say "hey, if you're not a terrorist, then you have nothing to worry about...get over it!!"...and then scream bloody murder when someone mentions guns.

For most of them, in spite of what they say, it's not about rights, it's about guns...and that's how you tell the gun nuts from those who want to protect our rights.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 01:09 PM

Dogfish,
How dare you question the guberment. They are protecting you from yourself. Dont you know that. They know what is best for you and your children.
The Const was ment to be amended you know. A living docum I say. Now get behind the shepherd we almost to the slaughter house. Just kidding guys you can calm down. grin

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 01:54 PM

You're reading too much into my comments, and not surprisingly my opinion is almost exactly what you put in your last post.

If it was really about rights, then the gun nuts would go apeshit over all the other trampling that took place over the past eight years, too...instead they say "hey, if you're not a terrorist, then you have nothing to worry about...get over it!!"...and then scream bloody murder when someone mentions guns.

For most of them, in spite of what they say, it's not about rights, it's about guns...and that's how you tell the gun nuts from those who want to protect our rights.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd,
But that being said in the only places those freedoms were infringed upon for the most part were terrorists. Individual rights are infringed upon by both parties on a regualar basis. By what time definition is a speedy trial? Some offenders will sit months and years before they recieve trial because of legal pandering. While you just want to blame boy wonder, the fact is that many of these rights that were infringed upon were approved by in congress and the senate by democrats as well.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 02:04 PM

You'll note I didn't even mention our idiotic past Prez...and I didn't mention any particular party, either.

I hope you're kidding when you say that "terrorists infringed our freedoms"...that was the good ol' US of A that infringed our freedoms, and I'll go on to say that if the Government tells us the bullchit story that "they hate our freedom!", and then goes on to infringe our freedom in the name of fighting "they", then "they" have won.

Either way, we're the real losers.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 02:05 PM

I just noticed that under my name it says "Poodle Smolt". Nice!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 02:17 PM

I just noticed that under my name it says "Poodle Smolt". Nice!

rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 02:45 PM

I'll go on to say that if the Government tells us the bullchit story that "they hate our freedom!", and then goes on to infringe our freedom in the name of fighting "they", then "they" have won.

Either way, we're the real losers.

+1
Nice post Todd.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 04:27 PM

It's been that way for a couple of weeks Dogfish.
Posted by: Rapid Robert

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/06/09 04:36 PM

That ok Andy, mine use to say "Wish I was a Husky" ....I sure as hell didn't put it there. beathead

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 01:05 PM

Sorry for the lack of gun grabbing updates...been too busy fishing smile

As of April 28, 2009, 10:05am, no guns have been grabbed from me.

Anyone else have their guns grabbed yet?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 01:10 PM

Anyone else have their gun grabbed yet?

Oh yeeaah, last night!!!
Posted by: EnglishPete

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 01:17 PM

Anyone else have their guns grabbed yet?

Aunty never showed up at the strip mall in SeaTac frown

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 01:39 PM

They've got lots of data on me...I've got FBI and CIA files, both...it's not like they can't just come in and take 'em if they want, I haven't hardly been home all month smile

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 02:43 PM

"just became a Dem"

That's because the GOP is all but dead.
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 04:15 PM

There certainly ain't enough to be winnin' any elections Hank. That's why the GOP has been relyin' on all of the talk radio listenin', FOX News watchin', Bible-thumpin' right-wing retards instead. fridge cowboy

Now that they're an ever-shrinking demographic as well... things ain't lookin' so hot for the Republican Party... or should I say Republic Party.

Sounds awful stupid when you drop the last syllable... don't it? doh
Posted by: RichardSimmons

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 06:22 PM

Oh, won't someone please grab my gun? PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Posted by: kevin lund

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 07:29 PM

Obama isn't going to take your guns, but he has definatly put a scare into gun owners. Try to buy some amo or better yet, an AR15. You might be waiting a while. He sure has gotten the gun side of the economy booming. Wish I owned a gun store. Sales in every gun store is through the roof!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 07:39 PM

This gun grabbin' business just got a whole lot easier. Sen. Arlene Sphincter just became a Dem. When Stuart Smalley goes through all the hoops and gets appointed the Demorats will have the veto-proof majority to REALLY make this country great.

No one to blame but themselves, and those of you who vote for them. As the Republican Party moved farther and farther out into the right wing stratosphere, they've alienated everyone left of straight up right, including not only the center, but all the center right folks, too.

You reap what you sow...so long as you keep voting for those right wing whackos, the more you alienate the other 70% of the country...no one to blame but yourselves.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/28/09 08:57 PM

Look at Obama's popularity polls...he's popular from the far left all the way to the center right...the other 20 or 21 percent are reserved for the far right.

Fear mongering about socialism coming here is what got you in this "mess" in the first place...start there if you want to fix it...stop voting for knuckleheads, and stop letting the Religious Right Whack Jobs set a political agenda for your party.

No one thinks this kind of spending is sustainable...but it's not being done as a sustainable plan. Unlike the War on Terrah, this actual problem has a solution, and an end in sight...it's not going to have to go on indefinitely to siphon off the money of taxpayers and pack it into the pockets of the military-industrial complex...it's actually going to help those who are paying for it.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/29/09 12:06 AM

"D's" and "R's" are pretty similar in that neither of them represent the people.

The media hyping the flu is merely a diversion from the financial system rape that still needs to be covered up, and yes, both parties are involved up to their ears.

Abortion, Mexicans, Gun Control, Homosexuals, Drugs, Terrorists, all diversions to make it easier to loot the finances of not only todays citizens, but the future too. It's flat amazing that something on this scale can go down in broad daylight !

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/29/09 02:26 AM

Ronnie might have been a bit of a "dolt", but I liked him. Did what he said he would. Fawk yeah.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/29/09 11:47 AM

Reagan switched parties, as well as wives,

Sphincter's switching of sides

Why won't anyone switch sides and grab my gun?????

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/29/09 12:05 PM

Jerry Flagel, a lifelong Republican, sent me a letter the other day about what he called "a threat to our nation's future."

Enclosed in the letter was evidence — a mass political mailing. Flagel, a retired engineer outside Renton, got it in the mail last week.

"I don't think people realize how bad it is; that's why I sent it to you," Flagel said when I called. "These people have no intentions of trying to fix our nation's problems. There's no attempt at coming up with any solutions."

All this sounds like typical political trash talk about the other side. Except: Flagel's beef is with his own party.

The mailing he sent me, from the Republican National Committee, is all about obstructionism and name-calling. Barack Obama, for example, is repeatedly labeled a socialist and the "most far-left President in American history."

But the letter is most revealing in its laying out of the party's principles. You can sum it up in one word: "no."

No aid to banks or car companies. No tax increases. No stimulus measures. No cuts in military. No troop pullbacks.

The mailing is impressively contorted to be against stuff.

"Should we resist Barack Obama's proposal to spend billions of federal taxpayer dollars to pay 'volunteers' to perform his chosen tasks?" it asks.

You mean like road work?

Then there are examples of the party's deep denial.

"Should Republicans work to keep our pro-growth achievements from the past eight years by blocking new regulation and red tape?"

Pro-growth achievements from the past eight years? Are we living on the same planet?

I bring all this up to you for the same reason Flagel brought it up to me — as a sort of shout into the political wilderness. Can Republicans please get serious?

"I don't agree with a lot of what Obama is doing, because I'm more conservative than he is," said Flagel, who voted for George W. Bush twice. But Obama "seems to have some intelligence about governing. He's trying to work through problems. The Republicans just seem to say: 'I want more of mine and to heck with everybody else.' "

That was the sense I got from last week's protest Tea Parties, too. I'm on the tea partyers' side about how the federal budget deficits are a generational disaster. What I didn't hear was: What are we going to do about it?

There aren't many options beyond raising taxes or big cuts to Medicare, Social Security and probably the military. Yet the tea partyers don't touch that. They shout for lower taxes. Even though the burden from income taxes already is the lowest it's been in three decades.

When I wrote a column chastising Obama for sending us yet another tax rebate, I also called on him to make entitlement spending cuts. More money in or less money out or both — that's what it's going to take to end the credit binge we're on. For this I got called a socialist. Derided as a hopeless liberal weenie.

Yes, name-calling is part of politics. That's not what bugs me.

It's that we're having a bit of a crisis. So where are the ideas to solve it? Obama's got some. But we need some from the other side. Surely Republicans could offer up something more substantive than the trolls in our Web site's comment threads?

"It's sad," Flagel says. "There's no attempt to say — 'let's put forward our own plans.' It seems so far from what the Republican Party used to be about."

Sounds about where the Democrats were five years back. Shrieking at Bush and little else. Until a guy named Obama pulled them out of that funk.

Danny Westneat's column appears Wednesday and Sunday.
Posted by: Illahee

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/29/09 08:23 PM

rofl
Posted by: wntrrn

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/29/09 10:49 PM

No party affiliation but get a kick out of those who are always correct in all views.

Todd, you stick to your talking points and keep coming back to the amount of days counting in which Obama hasn't come to your house to confiscate your guns. That's not the issue and you know it. People who are just across the fence from you within a handshakes distance are just pointing out the eroding of our rights. Well within grasp of agreeing on most issues but in your view are just a bunch of RWWJ's.

This is a republic and as such our laws get crafted.

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/ro...&vote=00313

And while Shrub did get elected twice it was the people of the the US who voted for him. Just as Obama has been elected. How in the hell that happened I'll never know but he didn't declare marshall law as many LWWJ's had feared.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 11:58 AM

"Shrub did get elected twice " no only once he was appointed the first time.

The point is why do the same people who were all for our rights being stepped on if it "made us safer" now in near hysteria about the second amendment? You can't pick and choose from the constitution. It's all one set of rights. Give up one you have given up the entire document. Too late to cry foul.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 12:09 PM

The point is why do the same people who were all for our rights being stepped on if it "made us safer" now in near hysteria about the second amendment? You can't pick and choose from the constitution. It's all one set of rights. Give up one you have given up the entire document. Too late to cry foul.

the same could be said about you

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 01:29 PM

Isn't it a bit early to be smoking? It's all been discussed well before you were born yesterday.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 01:33 PM

Isn't it a bit early to be smoking? It's all been discussed well before you were born yesterday.

good one.....really had to use your thinker didnt ya lame

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 01:51 PM

I'm still trying to find in the constitution where it says we all have a right to healthcare based on those folks who actually pay the taxes to afford that right to others. Or, how do people who pay zero federal taxes get a stimulus check because others are "wealth" enough to pay the taxes which in turn are redirected to others who didn't.

Constitution is pretty simple. It's the slow eroding of it that is methodical. And no particular party can claim to be It's gatekeeper.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 03:14 PM

I don't see where we give everyone the right to healthcare. Certainly not equal healthcare. The alternative is if you can't pay we let you die which would lead to anarchy. Senior citizens on a rampage.
If you have insurance and look at a bill you'll see the doctor/hospital rate and then the agreed upon insurance rate which is much less. When someone does not have insurance you and I pick up the tab but at the original rate. Plus they tend to visit emergency where they have to be treated instead of a regular doctor which is much cheaper. In other words it would be cheaper for us taxpayers to buy them insurance than to keep footing the bill at the larger rate or dealing with the economic fallout of anarchy. Plus if we offer regular checkups we'd reduce long term costs by catching or preventing much costlier future bad ju ju. Even if we let them die we'd need to pay someone to dispose of the bodies unless you want that stink around.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 03:43 PM

I don't see where we give everyone the right to healthcare. Certainly not equal healthcare. The alternative is if you can't pay we let you die which would lead to anarchy. Senior citizens on a rampage.
If you have insurance and look at a bill you'll see the doctor/hospital rate and then the agreed upon insurance rate which is much less. When someone does not have insurance you and I pick up the tab but at the original rate. Plus they tend to visit emergency where they have to be treated instead of a regular doctor which is much cheaper. In other words it would be cheaper for us taxpayers to buy them insurance than to keep footing the bill at the larger rate or dealing with the economic fallout of anarchy. Plus if we offer regular checkups we'd reduce long term costs by catching or preventing much costlier future bad ju ju. Even if we let them die we'd need to pay someone to dispose of the bodies unless you want that stink around.

Two thoughts stlhead:

1) You're a damn communist wink

c) Soilent Green

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 04:22 PM

Liberal/Socialist/Communist/Gun grabber

In the case of the elderly it's soilent green jerky. yum.
When we run out of that ship the young ones to Arizona to be laid out to dry.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 04:46 PM

When we run out of that ship the young ones to Arizona to be laid out to dry.

i havent yet smoked today....and for the life of me i cant understand this sentence.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 04:51 PM

It says "young ones, go to Arizona and get laid."

Arizona must be the new Alaska, but with pussy too !

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 04:58 PM

Dewbie, smoke something. You're too hyper!

roger

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 05:11 PM

So now you are making your own interpretation of how our constitution was written and also how that affects other tax payers?

Just saying...... It's a slow erosion. That's why some people tend to interpret the constitution the way it was written in the first place.

Too bad our legislators have other hands filling their pockets.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 05:25 PM

You said it yourself.."where it says we all have a right to healthcare" and I semi agreed. We don't all have a right and it's not equal otherwise it would be in the constitution.

"Too bad our legislators have other hands filling their pockets."

Yup the pharmaceutical companies who are huge suppoerters of the GOP. Thus the massive medicare/medicaid winfall to them ala Bushco.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 06:10 PM

Dewbie, smoke something. You're too hyper!

RICHARD

I have something you can smoke!!!!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 06:21 PM

fag

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 06:26 PM

fag

Dewbson-

Did you know the Irish and English call cigarettes "fags"? I'm not sure where this is headed now, but please don't come out of the closet just yet - I'm still trying to get past the dope smoking issue wink

What was this thread about?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Mikespike

Obama and gay sex....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 06:31 PM

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade

Obama and gay sex....

There are NO homosexuals in Iran. I'm just sayin' grin
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 04/30/09 11:18 PM

Originally Posted By: RowVsWade

Obama and gay sex....

Nice....total redemption RvW. grin

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 12:16 AM

Yet another Shitestorm brought to you by.....

you guessed it.....................

Dogfish. My work here is done.
Posted by: Timber

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 03:10 PM

Nice work Andy! smile
Posted by: kevin lund

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 04:29 PM

If Obama was a republican, would people still have voted him in? If so, Why do you feel that way.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 04:34 PM

If Mother Theresa was a Republican the people wouldn't have voted her in...or anyone else with an "R" after their name.

Dave, the thread started, eleven pages ago, with the contention that the gun grabbing was commencing...read the title of the thread.

It hasn't begun, and isn't going to, either...and just to soothe the fraidy cats, I thought I'd give them updates as to the condition of my gun cabinet...which through 1:33pm, May 1, 2009, is secure.

Gun debates are almost never about the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights...if they were, then the gun nuts would be up in arms all the time about dozens of things, many of which they support.

It's about guns, period.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By: kevin lund
If Obama was a republican, would people still have voted him in? If so, Why do you feel that way.

rofl

But in all serious......

Have a look at the photo from the October 1, 2007 edition of “Time.” It shows Obama, Hillary and Bill Richardson at the Steak Fry of Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) on September 17 in Indianola, IA, apparently reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Richardson and Clinton have their hands on their heart. But not Obama. Does he perhaps believe that, like wearing the flag pin, the hand on the heart isn’t “true patriotism”?

frown

Pretty much sums up how I fell about Big O....Conservative or Liberal....would not matter .

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Magicfly
Originally Posted By: kevin lund

rofl

But in all serious......

Have a look at the photo from the October 1, 2007 edition of “Time.” It shows Obama, Hillary and Bill Richardson at the Steak Fry of Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) on September 17 in Indianola, IA, apparently reciting the Pledge of Allegiance. Richardson and Clinton have their hands on their heart. But not Obama. Does he perhaps believe that, like wearing the flag pin, the hand on the heart isn’t “true patriotism”?

frown

Pretty much sums up how I fell about Big O....Conservative or Liberal....would not matter .

Mf

I'm pretty sure he's saying, "No matter who you vote for, we've got you by the balls."

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 04:55 PM

We have a winner. You show great promise, keep up the good work.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 04:55 PM

Yeah but you're a tool MF, so....................... rofl .........................

yer a jackass.... MF, i agree with you

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 05:03 PM

Yeah but you're a tool MF, so....................... rofl .........................

Thud!

Never get tired of the Ole KK tail walk......priceless..... laugh

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/01/09 05:58 PM

Did you get yet another yeast infection?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/03/09 04:12 PM

MF, if the Pledge of Allegiance is being recited, why isn't anyone facing the flag?
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/03/09 05:07 PM

can anyone explain what the flag is hanging from. this is a photoshop pic.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/03/09 05:18 PM

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 01:49 PM

my buddy was driving home the other night and he got pulled over. the cop came with his gun drawn and asked him if he had his gun with him. the cop pulled him over because he had a tail light out....he had his gun out because my buddy has a concealed weapon permit....i thought that was a bit over the top. you can only get a permit if you are a law abiding citizen, but apparently you get a gun pointed at you for being a gun owner. i thought that was BS.
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 01:57 PM

Where did that happen Dewbie? I've had a concealed permit (though I never carry) for 11 years. In that time I've been pulled over twice and neither cop asked if I had a gun with me let alone had a hand on their gun.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 02:04 PM

i live on the OP....that was the second time it has happened to someone i know. once was in port angeles and the other time it was in sequim

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 02:17 PM

Huh...I wouldn't have guessed that Obama knew where Sequim and PA were, much less managed to "almost grab" guns before he was even elected President.

Them muslims is sneaky.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: seastrike

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 02:25 PM

Interesting. I was surprised when the Coast Guard was doing a safety check on us (in open water) and asked if anybody on the boat was armed. I know that both of the passengers sometimes carry so I was surprised when they both said no. I asked the CR guys what if we said yes? He said no big deal but he would take control of the weapon during the inspection.
This was out at Kingston during the king fishery. They were stopping every boat they could to do the safety check so it didn't have anything to do with getting singled out or anything.
It's almost a year since that happened and I'm still not sure what I think about that. If a person has the right to have a gun why take it away? On the other hand you've got the safety of the CG person to think about.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 02:49 PM

If an officer approaches my vehicle with his weapon drawn, he'd better have a good reason. You can bet I will be checking his department's policy ASAP. If he isn't required to file a report any time he sees fit to draw his weapon by department policy, he will be when I get done screaming to every politician in the county.

Of course, I'm sure Dewbie's friends don't look like stand up citizens like I do. moose

rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 02:53 PM

Huh...I wouldn't have guessed that Obama knew where Sequim and PA were, much less managed to "almost grab" guns before he was even elected President.

Them muslims is sneaky.

Fish on...

Todd

oh look, todd said something irrelevant again

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 04:00 PM

Them muslims is sneaky.

Fish on...

Todd

Did you expect anything any different out of him rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 04:08 PM

good point

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 07:16 PM

Awesome...gettin' called out by Quimber and doobie...where's the third stooge?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 07:17 PM

How exactly was your story about your buddy getting asked about his gun while driving in PA even remotely relevant to "Obama gun ban process is starting" ...?

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 09:47 PM

He was struggling with the title thread, his eye's were too bloodshot.....

Keith wink

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/04/09 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: stlhdr1
He was struggling...

Probably could have just left it there, Keith.

rofl

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 11:39 AM

How exactly was your story about your buddy getting asked about his gun while driving in PA even remotely relevant to "Obama gun ban process is starting" ...?

Fish on...

Todd

i hope you aren't serious.....its new protocol for the cops over here you dumb ass....a new way to harass gun owners....aka obama's gun ban process. again, pull yer head out

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 11:53 AM

Quote:
again, pull yer head out

Oh... I get it now. THAT'S what that stringy thing on his chin is for! rofl

(I'm sorry Todd... it was just too tempting!)
rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 01:51 PM

bewbie, I think you need your foggy head examined.

So you're actually blaming this shoddy police work on Obama, and me pointing out that Obama has not likely ever even heard of Sequim or PA, much less told their cops how to grab guns, is irrelevant?

Were the guns grabbed?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 01:52 PM

Fish on...

Todd

i hope you aren't serious.....its new protocol for the cops over here you dumb ass....a new way to harass gun owners....aka obama's gun ban process. again, pull yer head out

You really think this is "Obama's Gun Ban Process"? I think too much green is making you too paranoid...this is even weirder than the usual right wing paranoia and fear mongering...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 01:54 PM

its the small steps. little by little taking away rights. you have never struck me as being very smart but i was hoping you would pick up on that. gun bans have to start somewhere. its not just all of a sudden coming to your house and taking your guns.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 01:58 PM

Let's get back to the chin comment, thing......Todd...... smile

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 02:17 PM

"its the small steps. little by little taking away rights. you have never struck me as being very smart but i was hoping you would pick up on that. gun bans have to start somewhere. its not just all of a sudden coming to your house and taking your guns."

They start in your mind and it builds until you become so delusional they take away your guns. I've always been against drug testing but I'd make an exception in your case.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 02:25 PM

so, you are saying that it is all in my head that the gun laws have been getting more and more strict as the years pass by? weird....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 03:11 PM

its the small steps. little by little taking away rights. you have never struck me as being very smart but i was hoping you would pick up on that. gun bans have to start somewhere. its not just all of a sudden coming to your house and taking your guns.

You can't use that argument--- that was the same one that the LWWJ's used in talking about the Patriot Act.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 03:18 PM

"gun laws have been getting more and more strict as the years pass by"

You mean a background check when not purchasing from a gun show? Explain these strict laws that have come about in your short lifespan. It's all in your head.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 03:30 PM

who said i was a fan of the patriot act....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 03:36 PM

different weapons have been banned, different magazines have been banned, there are a bunch. obviously not obamas fault for those, but he is heading in the same direction as the other dickheads. the only difference between him and bush is that he is getting the same results at a quicker pace. Not sure if it was Gregoire or some other lib-tard in this state, but it is definitely an obama term protocol that has the cops pointing guns at people with permits. you can think what you want, but in my "short life span" there have been numerous laws that make owning a gun more difficult.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 03:59 PM

you mean they arent fear mongers???

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 04:24 PM

they are just jealous. the best organization they have is green peace, and that is just full of a bunch of tree

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 04:36 PM

"you can think what you want, but in my "short life span" there have been numerous laws that make owning a gun more difficult."

You can't name one.

"but it is definitely an obama term protocol that has the cops pointing guns at people with permits."

Did your overly doped up mind stop to consider that, since a CWP is granted by the county sheriff, maybe it's your county wherein lies your issue?

"I know they are out there...chipping away...they are there I tell ya...chipping.....you'll see...."

This is your brain on drugs.
Posted by: BERG

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 04:43 PM

"but it is definitely an obama term protocol that has the cops pointing guns at people with permits."

Did your overly doped up mind stop to consider that, since a CWP is granted by the county sheriff, maybe it's your county wherein lies your issue?

CWP's are issued by city police departments, too. Not sure what my point is......but your wrong, and that seemed like a good reason to post.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 05:01 PM

I know that. I choose to live in unincorporated so it's the county sheriff. I just ASSumed nobody would pay Dewbie enough that he could afford to live in Forks so it'd be county. Actually it's Obama....it's always been Obama.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/05/09 09:57 PM

Except when it's been Clinton.

Damn, Hank...you beat me to it. That's what I get for leaving for most the day.

dewbie, you need to take a chill, man...you don't strike me as low in intelligence or anything, and you often come up with some pretty clever stuff, but if you are really connecting President Obama with some dipshit cops in PA or Sequim asking your buddies about their CWP's then you really, really need to lay off the paranoia-weed for a while.

It's not like the cops in PA or Sequim are particularly liberal...I'd wager that few if any of them would have even voted for Obama...and I'd also wager that Obama has never heard of either PA nor Sequim, and has not likely sent his "gun grabbing" memo out to them instructing them to harrass your buddies.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 12:33 AM

[quote=Todddewbie, you need to take a chill, man...you don't strike me as low in intelligence or anything[/quote]

Agree.....to disagree. Dude is comatose.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 10:48 AM

Except when it's been Clinton.

Damn, Hank...you beat me to it. That's what I get for leaving for most the day.

dewbie, you need to take a chill, man...you don't strike me as low in intelligence or anything, and you often come up with some pretty clever stuff, but if you are really connecting President Obama with some dipshit cops in PA or Sequim asking your buddies about their CWP's then you really, really need to lay off the paranoia-weed for a while.

It's not like the cops in PA or Sequim are particularly liberal...I'd wager that few if any of them would have even voted for Obama...and I'd also wager that Obama has never heard of either PA nor Sequim, and has not likely sent his "gun grabbing" memo out to them instructing them to harrass your buddies.

Fish on...

Todd

re read what i said....not sure who passed the new protocol.....but it happened while obama was in office....i didnt say that it was him, but possibly one of his libtard buds in the great state of washington. i wouldnt be surprised if the messiah has never heard of PA or sequim.

moose
Posted by: John Lee Hookum

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 11:10 AM

Them muslims is sneaky.

Fish on...

Todd

I'm sure after the narc's or the Secret Service (fixation with Obam & Guns) get a bead on you via your IP, they will legally band you from owning a gun and seize the suspected pot grow operation you have going in your basement. You can tell them that you grow it for medical reasons, and keep loaded guns around at the ready, to make sure no one robs you. Test that for a legal rationale and see if it washes. grin

People with terminal diseases, or have a doctors prescription, are the only ones that can grab a break with Pot laws as they stand now. FYI, people convicted of drug offenses are not allowed to own guns. I'm surprised that your paranoia prevents you from connecting the dots, with your chronic shout outs; of hey look over hear at me, I'm a constantly loaded (as you often mentioned in every other post ), paranoid, government and Obama hating, confused, cocked and loaded, gun fanatic. beathead Clue, many that are not near as vocal as you are about your abundant Pot use and supplies, and don't shout it out as you do via the internet, find themselves busted, jailed, prosecuted, and not allowed to own a gun, while losing all of their assets. That's valid real World sober information right there.

Not suggesting you change a thing. Was just wondering what the purpose was in being a billboard for Pot in a public forum while having paranoia that's connected to having your guns taken. Just curious, that's all. DUH!!!! wink

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: John Lee Hookum

Them muslims is sneaky.

Fish on...

Todd

I'm sure after the narc's or the Secret Service (fixation with Obam & Guns) get a bead on you via your IP, they will legally band you from owning a gun and seize the suspected pot grow operation you have going in your basement. You can tell them that you grow it for medical reasons, and keep loaded guns around at the ready, to make sure no one robs you. Test that for a legal rationale and see if it washes. grin

People with terminal diseases, or have a doctors prescription, are the only ones that can grab a break with Pot laws as they stand now. FYI, people convicted of drug offenses are not allowed to own guns. I'm surprised that your paranoia prevents you from connecting the dots, with your chronic shout outs; of hey look over hear at me, I'm a constantly loaded (as you often mentioned in every other post ), paranoid, government and Obama hating, confused, cocked and loaded, gun fanatic. beathead Clue, many that are not near as vocal as you are about your abundant Pot use and supplies, and don't shout it out as you do via the internet, find themselves busted, jailed, prosecuted, and not allowed to own a gun, while losing all of their assets. That's valid real World sober information right there.

Not suggesting you change a thing. Was just wondering what the purpose was in being a billboard for Pot in a public forum while having paranoia that's connected to having your guns taken. Just curious, that's all. DUH!!!! wink
rofl and you call me paranoid! grin

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 11:25 AM

Was just wondering what the purpose was in being a billboard for Pot in a public forum while having paranoia that's connected to having your guns taken.

I used this yesterday - it sums it up well.

RWWJ = Right Wing Weed, Jonas?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 11:31 AM

RWWJ = Right Wing Weed, Jonas?

rofl rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 11:43 AM

i would prefer right wing weed jackass....i have never smoked a pinner or traded anything for a space heater rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 11:59 AM

i would prefer right wing weed jackass....i have never smoked a pinner or traded anything for a space heater rofl

Dewbson-

marijuana is the gateway drug to space heater bartering when you're jonesing. rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 12:19 PM

I'd also wager that Obama has never heard of either PA nor Sequim,

You would think since Obama has been to 57 states he would know were PA and Squim is rofl

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 12:25 PM

Originally Posted By: Timber

You would think since Obama has been to 57 states he would know were PA and Squim is rofl

He was including Puerto Rico, Afghanistan, Iraq, Isreal, Mexico, Canada and Berkley.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 12:32 PM

He was including Puerto Rico, Afghanistan, Iraq, Isreal, Mexico, Canada and Berkley.

i thought the moon was one of them

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 03:08 PM

Dewbson-

marijuana is the gateway drug to space heater bartering when you're jonesing. rofl

........and when he's Jonasing! rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 03:18 PM

i thought the moon was one of them

We sold it to China for scrap - now they're gonna sell it back to us for a profit and include a bunch of free lead!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 03:20 PM

looks like we are going to have to send someone up there again to stick another flag on it

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 03:29 PM

looks like we are going to have to send someone up there again to stick another flag on it

It would be the first time we set foot on the moon

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 03:52 PM

some japanese kid in school told me that the landing on the moon was a hoax and that it actually happened in the desert in arizona.....i told him he was just racist
Posted by: Pinner

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 04:04 PM

Romulas told me he blew up the WTC that liein sumbiatch!!!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 05:36 PM

I'm surprised that your paranoia prevents you from connecting the dots, with your chronic shout outs; of hey look over hear at me, I'm a constantly loaded (as you often mentioned in every other post ), paranoid, government and Obama hating, confused, cocked and loaded, gun fanatic. beathead Clue, many that are not near as vocal as you are about your abundant Pot use and supplies, and don't shout it out as you do via the internet, find themselves busted, jailed, prosecuted, and not allowed to own a gun, while losing all of their assets. That's valid real World sober information right there.

Valid real world sober information? About the feds seeking out politically inclined pot smokers who own weapons? With the intent of prosecuting them to the fullest extent?

I think that old propoganda movie about weed (Can't think of the name...help me out here) really has you convinced. I would bet that the DEA and other federal agencies spend ZERO time and $ looking to prosecute the end user......especially when talking Mary Jane. Whats the point really? By the time Dewbie is lighting up in his basement, what/who is he hurting....other than his sperm and brain cell count?

Your good for a laugh JLH.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 05:49 PM

if it affects sperm, then why do me and all of my buds have kids....multiple kids? and for brain cells, they dont die, they just go to sleep. they wake up the same time you do. alcohol actually kills brain cells. so if you are an alky then you are at a greater risk of losing brain cells then i am....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 05:53 PM

"if it affects sperm, then why do me and all of my buds have kids....multiple kids?"

Because you live in a trailer?

"so if you are an alky then you are at a greater risk of losing brain cells then i am...."

Seems some of us have more to lose than others.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 05:58 PM

"if it affects sperm, then why do me and all of my buds have kids....multiple kids?"

Glad you brought your "A" game today. I can't tell whether your 12, or 70 years old.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 05:59 PM

right.....that makes perfect sense. i can see how you got from A-B on that one. i must really irritate you....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 06:00 PM

Originally Posted By: BERG

Glad you brought your "A" game today. I can't tell whether your 12, or 70 years old.

it would appear that abu is 12 for finding that funny

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 09:51 PM

[quote=BERG Whats the point really? By the time Dewbie is lighting up in his basement, what/who is he hurting....other than his sperm and brain cell count?
[/quote]

You brought the house down with the obvious in that quote BERGER. LMAO rofl rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 05/06/09 10:04 PM

BERGER?

I like burgers, ass!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 03/31/10 01:47 PM

Let's see that list of all the guns that have been grabbed out of your households, guys!

Here's mine:

None.

I suspect the rest of you can just copy/paste my list into your own posts, since I'm pretty sure that's about how many guns you have had grabbed, too.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/07/10 11:10 PM

Haven't checked in on this one in a while...

It is now approximately nine months since this thread started...and I thought I'd let you all know, which I'm sure you'll be glad to hear, that Obama STILL hasn't grabbed any of my guns.

Any of your guns been grabbed yet?

That's what I thought.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/07/10 11:29 PM

So...Hankster...gimme a quick rundown of the guns that have been grabbed out of your gun locker...

...I'm guessing it won't take long, and that I could probably do it for you, having never even seen your gun locker.

None?

That's what I thought.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Irie

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/07/10 11:51 PM

WTF happened to that "Sharia Law" Mr. Hankie promised us?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 12:09 AM

Where's the rest of the "Obama's gonna grab my guns!" crowd...come on, it's been two fuckin years...which guns of yours have been grabbed?

If you can't be bothered enough to come up with the specific list of guns that are now missing from your gun cabinet due to be grabbed by the ATF or HSA, at least be man enough to admit that no one...Obama or anyone else...has grabbed any of your guns..at all.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Doctor Rick

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 01:18 AM

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
Seems like the Obama administration is more interested in grabbing your junk than grabbing your guns.

OMG
rofl
Posted by: Doctor Rick

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 01:25 AM

So...Hankster...gimme a quick rundown of the guns that have been grabbed out of your gun locker...

...I'm guessing it won't take long, and that I could probably do it for you, having never even seen your gun locker.

None?

That's what I thought.

Fish on...

Todd

Todd, I don't think anybody has lost any but there is enough legitimate concern that I really don't want to wait for that to happen to be active or proactive. You don't have to be a gun fringe person to have concerns. ( Although it may help. 8^) )

FWIW, my guns fell into the Columbia during a boating accident while moving to Washington.

Sincerely,

Posted by: McMahon

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 01:56 AM

Gun grabbing? Please. You got to make sure that your deadliest weapons are not in your name. That's what I've done.

They can have the old 7mm mag and deuce deuce.
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 11:54 AM

That's right Hank, keep chanting the mantra of fear. You know the verses - Obama is a Muslim, Obama will take our guns, Obama is a Communist, Obama will let gays ruin our military, Obama will lead us into socialism, Obama hates white people. Obama is the anti-Christ, Obama won’t put his hand on the bible, Obama will not keep us safe from terrorist, and Obama was born in Africa, Obama, Obama, Obama.

Don’t let the fact that all the above has been conclusively proven to be untrue keep you from the Hannity, Rush, Beck holy trinity chant. Does it bother you at all that the crap the radical right spews is almost always proven to be untrue? How does it feel to back folks who state their number one priority is keeping Obama from reelection, instead of helping America grow and prosper?

Yep, all my guns are safe and sound as well and they will stay that way.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 12:08 PM

Checked again this morning...still there. Bacon's still in the fridge, too.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 12:11 PM

...and the gun nuts who keep complaining about how the price of ammo has gone through the roof? It's your own damn fault, you knuckleheads, for not only buying into the "Obama's gonna take it all!" bullchit, but for creating that fear in yourself in the first place.

The ammo companies are businessmen...when they see their customers running around like chickens with their heads cut off, they reach in your pockets while you're not looking.

Remember all the signs? "Buy now before Obama outlaws it!" ...creating a run on the ammo, a shortage that didn't need to be there, driving the price through the roof?

It's your own damn fault, not Obama's, not Santa's, and not anyone else's.

You're not only selling fear, but you're dumb enough to buy it, too.

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 12:53 PM

You're not only selling fear, but you're dumb enough to buy it, too.

That right there is worth repeating!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 02:36 PM

Well, Marsha...maybe you can answer the question then, since no one else has stepped up yet...

It's been two years...how many guns have been grabbed from your gun cabinet?

An itemized list would be helpful to show how the Nigerian Muslim Socialist has grabbed them up...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 02:43 PM

Well, at least you answered the question...what about the rest of you?

Come on, it "started" two years ago, you'd think they'd all been grabbed by now!

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 03:12 PM

Just because guns have not been grabbed doesn't mean there isn't a concerted effort to "bend the curve" to move closer to stricter gun control.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 03:14 PM

So I'll take that to mean that no one has grabbed your guns, either, Richard?

Next?

Fish on...

Todd
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 03:22 PM

Todd,
you're starting to argue like boater...

not cool

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 04:15 PM

I wouldn't have to do anything about it...because not only has it not happened, it's not going to happen...

The fear, however, is great for gun and ammo sales...so I guess the fear mongerers and the fearful are doing their part to stimulate the economy.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Piper, I just asked a simple question...one that no one wants to answer directly because it will not back up their fear.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:00 PM

Uhh...I stand up to the erosion of our Civil Rights all the time, and not just here on the InterWebz...I just don't waste time being afraid of something that's not going to happen, there's enough real things to be afraid of in this world.

I own guns, I like owning guns...and no one's even suggested grabbing my guns...nor anyone else's on this website, either, I reckon...but since there were so many people who not only succumbed to the fear mongering about it, but decided to spread their fear around to others, too, I'm just giving them a chance to tell all about how their worse fears have been realized due to "Obama's Gun Ban Process"...when we all know, stupid fears aside, that not only has it not happened, that it's not going to happen, either.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:09 PM

The thing about guns is that they are held hostage by both parties, but especially right-wingers, so that they can keep stripping our rights from us. As long as the Beck viewers have their guns, it doesn't matter if the gubmint wants to touch their junk or tap their phone calls. I mean, it's all in the name of fightin' terror and bein' free!

This is why guns won't be taken from us any time soon. If the government did try to do a gun-grab, it wouldn't be feasible. For one, there are 200 million guns in the U.S., reason 2 being that many gun owners have guns that aren't even in their name. I for one have several guns that aren't in my name. How on earth is the government going to know about these? Are they going to do a search and seizure for every household in the U.S.? I think not. Not only would many law enforcement die in the process, but it would probably cost billions of dollars.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:19 PM

I think there is significant interest in rounding up all the guns, but I don't think they'll try to do it anytime soon. I don't think it takes a lot of imagination to see how forcing millions of armed, pissed off citizens to give up their weapons could get messy in a hurry.
Posted by: topwater

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:28 PM

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:36 PM

P.S. Piper, I just asked a simple question...one that no one wants to answer directly because it will not back up their fear.

As long as there are people willing to stand up for thier rights that question will not be answered in two years, twenty years or two hundred years... You know that, I know that...

So quit arguing like boater... I know you're smarter than that

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:41 PM

It just ain't gonna happen...no matter much fear is schlepped around...if you haven't all noticed, fear sells, and sells well...and it only works if there's willing and fearful customers.

Be afraid...be very afraid...and by all means, put your money where your fear is.

You don't hear any anti-gun groups screaming victory...just all the gun groups peddling fear.

The fear peddlers:

The fearful:

And the profiteers that laugh at your fear all the way to the bank:

And the likelihood that any of the fears will be realized:

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. And I don't find it a coincidence that it goes full circle from the fear mongering liars at the NRA to fear to sales and right back to the NRA...fear is good for business, especially for the NRA.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:41 PM

No guns here yet Todd. Are you saying that our government will never ban any guns that are currently legal to own?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:46 PM

No, I'm saying exactly what I've said repeatedly in this thread...

Obama is not going to take any of our guns, ever.

The fearful, though, are still convinced that he, Obama, will be responsible for grabbing our guns.

Even though the end was near, the grabbing was impending, and the fear level was at Ultra-Red...here we are two years later, and not one gun has been grabbed...and, not surprisingly, the fear level is just as high as always.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. Read the title of the thread...it's not about some government sometime ever...it's about Obama grabbing our guns.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 05:53 PM

Its the habitat stupid

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 06:09 PM

Another poster boy effort from McMahon.

A decade ago, none of you apologists would have believed the government could squeeze your junk and get away with it even if it' supposed to keep you safe.

All the government has to do is tell you that taking your guns from you is for your own good and you'd FALL ALL OVER YOURSELVES to hand them over.

Screw the R's and the D's. You're all sheeple! Cry and whine if Bush had anything to do with a loss of civil rights, but allow Obama to play with your package.

I'm beginning to think some of you "welcome" the idea of having your packages groped.

I do welcome the idea of my junk being groped, but only if the chick is hot. And you're also right about letting the gubmint do what they want with me. Obviously you know me well enough to to predict that I'd lay over and take it from the man. After all, the know what's best for me.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 06:31 PM

I went and checked and somebody had grabbed my guns and hid them in a different spot. I wonder if I should report that suspicious activity?
Could have been anybody I guess. Santa, tooth fairy, bogey man, gun grabber. You are never safe.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 06:40 PM

stlhead, not only should you report, but send ten grand to the NRA to make sure Obama doesn't do it again.

You know it was Obama that did it...right?

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 08:03 PM

If it was a Wal-Mart employee, they would have watched the HSA video and turned themself in...if they're a *real* American, that is.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 09:35 PM

If it was a Wal-Mart employee, they would have watched the HSA video and turned themself in...if they're a *real* American, that is.

Fish on...

Todd

Now that's some funny $hit!!!!!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 10:30 PM

Dear ignorant americans-

You have such a myopic view of the gun grabbing that you have missed the larger plan at work - Obama ruined your economy so that you would have to sell your guns for food. Only Dogfish was smart enough to start his own farm to stave off hunger, but alas, he previously lost all his guns in a boating accident.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/08/10 11:19 PM

No guns seized here either, but I still can't carry one aboard an airplane, and GDTMMM! I needs a gun when I travel. I might meet a terrorist.

Sg

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 02:04 PM

That's not a very nice thing to bring up... you seem to enjoy starting rumors about people.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 02:18 PM

The obvious point is, guns were seized and the only thing that makes it criminal are laws passed by the anti-gun crowd.

Wow. You sure leave the B out of dumb sometimes.

So you are opposed to the feds cracking down on people selling guns to criminals, including one that was involved in an officer-related shooting? Why do you hate the police that try to keep our communities safe?
Posted by: dirt

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 02:55 PM

Crap now I gotta worry about President Obama coming for my guns.
I haven't gotten over the fact that President Clintons after them too.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 06:33 PM

This thread is officially not gay again. rofl YAY!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 07:35 PM

Wow, usually after I post people say the opposite.

grin you've been keeping the spirit of the dark side alive rofl

And no one can accuse muslim obama of being gay, he still hasn't grabbed my gun - hell he won't even return my calls!

YAY!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 07:49 PM

Richard,

If you want a gun join the army. I wont ask . . .

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 08:24 PM

We're also one piece of legislation away from having Open Season on everyone under 6 feet tall in order to curb overpopulation...but, just like the GunGrab Legislation, it won't be written, and if it is, it won't survive in court.

Be afraid...buy things to make you feel better. It's the American way.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 09:54 PM

Originally Posted By: RichardSimmons
Wow, usually after I post people say the opposite.

grin you've been keeping the spirit of the dark side alive rofl

And no one can accuse muslim obama of being gay, he still hasn't grabbed my gun - hell he won't even return my calls!

YAY!

One of the best post I've ever read period

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 10:21 PM

I like it when KK and AuntyM get all butthurt and accuse each other of being so mean and nasty...

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/09/10 10:27 PM

I like it when KK and AuntyM get all butthurt and accuse each other of being so mean and nasty...

Fish on...

Todd

Na, now if it was you & Marsha I'd take the time to read through. KK not worth my time. smile

Mf

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 12:53 AM

Originally Posted By: Magicfly

Fish on...

Todd

Na, now if it was you & Marsha I'd take the time to read through. KK not worth my time. smile

Mf

High complement !

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 01:17 AM

Just for once in your god-damned miserable useless oxygen thief life STFU.

You make zero sense, and haven't got the brains God promised anaerobic bacteria.

She may be a gasbag bitch but she's turning you into a Christian... you referered to God twice in one post... dissapointing

Just for the record Obama doesn't have enough power to grab his own gun...
Posted by: Steve Ericsson

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 03:38 AM

It just ain't gonna happen...no matter much fear is schlepped around...if you haven't all noticed, fear sells, and sells well...and it only works if there's willing and fearful customers.

Be afraid...be very afraid...and by all means, put your money where your fear is.

You don't hear any anti-gun groups screaming victory...just all the gun groups peddling fear.

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. And I don't find it a coincidence that it goes full circle from the fear mongering liars at the NRA to fear to sales and right back to the NRA...fear is good for business, especially for the NRA.

True statements. Thankfully, there is ammo back on the shelves. From the time of the election for about a year or more, you couldn't find a box of shells for anything that wasn't pretty much obsolete or black powder. Firearms - you couldn't find anything in semi-auto, especially an AR on a shelf practically anywhere and if you did, the price was double of the norm.

Why? Fear. Fear Sells. And man, did it. Gun and ammo manufacturers had record sales for two years, so much so, that a particular gun dealer I allegedly may or may not have used in the past hired on so many people to ship everything out of their warehouses that they emptied the shelves and could no longer get inventory to restock them. Layoffs ensued and they nearly went bankrupt the following year due simply to fear.

As for me, I have no registered firearms, there is no law that compels me to register them. In fact, I may or may not have any firearms at all. I had one or two at one time, however they were lost in a fire onboard my canoe while transporting them to an undisclosed location.....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 11:23 AM

IMO at a minimum registration will be necessary.
That way the Death Panels can dispatch the Gun Grabbers to make it safe for the Life Grabbers.
Posted by: Irie

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 12:47 PM

I think KK and Aunty are having a steamy affair.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 02:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Irie
I think KK and Aunty are having a steamy affair.

I can smell the fragrant candles, and hear the sweet whispers of love. Is that Barry White on the rock Ola in the back ground? Aweeee Baby....... wink

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 02:40 PM

Gun registration is not necessary. We don't have a gun problem in this county, we have a defective people problem in this country. Just like ITT.

Well there it is right there. Guns don't kill, I can wait a lifetime with a loaded gun on the table in front of me, it ain't going to do anything until SOMEONE pulls the trigger.

Guns kill people just like spoons made Rosy O'Donnell fat.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 02:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve Ericsson
As for me, I have no registered firearms, there is no law that compels me to register them.

Not only that but there is not even a registry. Guns are not registered federally or in this state.

Actually, if you buy a pistol, there is a record kept. These will show up on a DOL report, or when WSP or other officers pull you over and run your license. Not supposed to be a database, but there most certainly is. This listing is also attached to your CPL electronically. If the states have them, you can most certainly bet that the FED.GOV folks have lists as well.

Been a deputy, and have many friends in the LEO community. This information is being kept to keep them safe. Don't have an issue with that either, but it would be disingenuous to state that there are no registries or lists of who bought what, and when.

I've never bought 35-40 guns in a month, except to sell them through my FFL, but I can only imagine the list of firearms that pops up from the ones legally transferred to me, before the tragic boating accident.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 02:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Steve Ericsson

Guns kill people just like spoons made Rosy O'Donnell fat.

Now that fuuny!! rofl

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 03:05 PM

Dogfish,

I was going to bring that up. I don't pay that close of attention the gun law topic, but an expert down the hall and around a couple corners once told me that the federal gov't. has kept of record - database - of all sales since the 1968 gun law. I didn't know if that included long guns and handgun. Looks like you're saying it is just handguns that are recorded. Is that correct?

Meanwhile I'm still offended that I can't take weapons on a plane.

Sg

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 03:09 PM

[quote=Salmo g.
Meanwhile I'm still offended that I can't take weapons on a plane. Sg[/quote]

I am as well. We need to change that and Now!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 03:34 PM

The state registry specifically lists pistols. All weapons are FED.GOV

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 04:07 PM

Like Dogfish stated the State of Washington records all pistol transfers/sales based on their form FIR-652-001. These forms are required by state law when the transfer is between a licensed dealer and a private individual. It doesn't apply to private party transactions or dealer to dealer transactions. The federal form 4473 applies to all firearms transfered between a dealer and private party.

Additionally, if a dealer sells more than one handgun to a private party the dealer is required to submit a "Report of multiple sale or other disposition of pistols and revolvers" to the ATF. Interstingly this only applies to pistols and revolvers not to frames or receivers, even if they are handgun receivers like a Thompson Contender.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 04:45 PM

When a State Patrol officer pulls up your data on their computer during a traffic stop, they run your DL#. That triggers the fact that you have a CPL, and attached to that data and readily available to that officer in their car, is a list of pistols that you have purchased that were registered through the process described by RVW.

My private party purchases are not listed, but the one purchased through FFL's are listed, because I use my CPL to avoid any waiting period for hand guns.

A list, readily available to an officer by just keying in your DL#, is in effect, a registry of firearms purchased by an individual. Call it what you want, but I had no choice to avoid "said list" if I wanted a NIB pistol.

Apparently a BJ isn't sex, according to some. So please, enlighten me on just what the definitiion of the word "IS" is.

reg·is·try (rej′is trē)

noun pl. registries -·tries

registration
an office where registers are kept
an official record or list; register
a certificate showing the nationality of a merchant ship as recorded in an official register

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 06:22 PM

DF,

Thanks for the clarification. State list = handguns only. Fed list = all firearms.

FP,

I think what we have is political wordsmithing. Most Americans were opposed to a federal firearms registry, so instead the government has a "database" of firearms purchases. While I appreciate the difference, the database sure gives the gov't. a good idea of who might possess firearms.

Yeah, when ATF shows up at your door, try slamming it. The story you will have to tell will amuse us all.

Sg

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 06:44 PM

Handcuffed with a knee in your back---" Can I see your warrant?"

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 09:22 PM

Now that we're settled on whether or not the gubmint knows about our guns, I think we can be reasonably certain nobody will come and get them. Guns, bacon and everything else we were worried about are safe at home.

The thing that concerns me is we're about two libtard appointments to SCOTUS away from it being more difficult to get more guns. Local ordinances could make registration fees cost prohibitive; ammo that have identifiers encoded will make that expensive. In short, they can make it tough on ya and a less gun-tolerant SCOTUS will go right along with that.

Just my 2cents

I caught 2 steelhead today. What did you do?

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 09:29 PM

Speaking of SCOTUS decisions.The more KayKay and his illegitimate butt child FishPrince post tends to give me pause to reflect upon the potential merits of abortion.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 09:33 PM

Originally Posted By: McMahon
I caught 2 steelhead today. What did you do?

I sold a phuckk load of guns today....caught a chit load of big dungies over the last few days and booked an appointment to buy a piece of land in AK.

Glad about your success with those 2 fish....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 10:10 PM

Originally Posted By: McMahon
[quote=Hankster] I caught 2 steelhead today. What did you do?

I worked at the bank and signed 4 loans. Travelled to Centralia, picked up my son's bear hide that has been tanned, and now I'm drinking a spiked egg nog. I also got my fat cat banker bonus, first in 3 years. $2,700! (A mere pittance compared to what they usually have been)

Semantics, FP. .GOV maintains and compiles this list of gun owners.

I don't think they'll be knocking down my door any time soon either, as I am a law abiding citizen, but as we have seen in many states across the land, our .GOV folks have legislated firearms that were legal at one point in time to being unlawful to possess with the stroke of a pen. I don't trust the D's, nor the R's. They are all assholes and seldom do they do something for the public good, unless they or their friends can make a buck off of it.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 10:16 PM

I worked for half a day and then went to the annual Christmas party at the Cliff House. Fine dinin', good times making fun of the doctors, bonus checks, Safeway gift cards. Good time had by all.

When I get this stinkin' cast boot off my foot I hope to do a little steelie fishin' myself.

Thanks for askin'.

Love the Cliff House. Dine there everytime i visit my S.F. Client. NCIRE
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 10:17 PM

I worked. People seemed to torment me by breaking their 'puters today.

Now, I'm quaffing a pint of Alysian Perseus Porter (currently on tap in my basement) and I'm wondering where the best source for 7.62x51mm ball ammo is.

I haven't had a need for surplus .308 since I sold off my HK91.

Anyone have about 500 rounds of ball ammo they want to sell me?

Or trade? Got a great Olympus camera or IMX 1088 8wt! wink

Now that I have a new M1A to play with, I gotta put a few rounds down range with it, as well as be further stocked up when the zombie invasion begins.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 10:22 PM

Should have bought the AR-10.

Save your brass, because I'm set up to reload for .308 on my progressive.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 10:25 PM

I've heard the M1A is a bit "hard" on the brass as it ejects. Don't know if one can install an ejection port buffer on it, or not.

Anyone M1A owners out there confirm this?

Until I installed the buffer on the HK91, the brass would damn near be bent in half as it was ejected!!!

Any interest in 30-06 brass? I like to chew through those rounds with the M1 Garand!

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 10:27 PM

I have a few thousand, but if you are tired of storing it....

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/10/10 11:28 PM

Small pen syndrome, Marsha.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/11/10 02:31 AM

Besides the pleasure of buying Stam dinner tonight...ah, hell...you wouldn't belive it if I told you.

Todd will get very little sleep tonight, and will be fuckinfantasticallygood with that smile

Fish on...

Todd

P.S. NIce hanging out with you, Steve...it's been too long, glad we got the chance tonight.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/11/10 08:49 PM

Originally Posted By: parker

Now, I'm quaffing a pint of Alysian Perseus Porter (currently on tap in my basement) and I'm wondering where the best source for 7.62x51mm ball ammo is.

I haven't had a need for surplus .308 since I sold off my HK91.

Anyone have about 500 rounds of ball ammo they want to sell me?

Have you tried www.ammoman.com? AMMOMAN.COM

I allegedly may/may not have purchased 7.62x51mm ammo from them in the recent/not so recent past. Great prices, and most of all FREE SHIPPING! 500 or 1000 rounds weighs a lot and it's the shipping that kills you on cost.

Click on the link in the blue box for 308/7.62x51 and scroll down to the Dynamit-Noble (GERMAN) - NATO 7.62x51mm 147 GRAIN FMJBT BALL. I can attest that it is great ammo. They also get some from time to time that has slight case corrosion from storage and they sell it bulk in a .50 cal ammo can at around $200/500 rounds. I may/may not have an HK91 that may/may not eat this stuff all day long. I may/may not have 1000 rounds of WOLF too, and while I like their new anti-corrosion olive coating on their shell casings, it is some really dirty ammo. I may/may not have burned through 20 20rnd mags of the Dynamit-Nobel last time I fired it, and my alleged weapon was as dirty as the first 20rnd mag of WOlf FMJ. It is the cheapest I have found, and the best bang for the buck, so to speak. $.50 / round is pretty much normal these days, true knock-down power does not come cheap anymore!!

But, please keep in mind the above text is all supposed and alleged and may/may not be completely fictional in nature. The names have been changed to protect the innocent.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/11/10 09:15 PM

Originally Posted By: parker
I've heard the M1A is a bit "hard" on the brass as it ejects. Don't know if one can install an ejection port buffer on it, or not.

Anyone M1A owners out there confirm this?

Parker----My M1A is not hard on brass. It has a positive tight extractor but it doesn't trash my brass like an FAL or the like (it does leave a bit of evidence that the round was violently extracted at some point of its life however it's only around the rim in the form of a small indent.) Fulton Armory has a buffer...I have no idea whether or not it works as you'd like. I have NM'd my M1A with Sadlak and it's very smooth and clean all around so I've not felt the need to worry about brass...a least not for what this rifle was designed to do.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 12/11/10 09:17 PM

From Fulton Armory website.

The M1A/M14 Buffer Technologies Recoil Buffer fits on the recoil spring guide rod of all M1A and M14 based rifles, regardless of manufacture. As with all other models of the Recoil Buffer, installation is simple and can be done without any special tools.
The Buffer Technologies M1A/M14 Recoil Buffer differs from others in our line of products, in that it does not end the metal to metal contact of the bolt to receiver. For a M1A/M14 to operate reliably, the bolt must impact the receiver with each firing of the weapon. This contact is required to prevent excessive stress on the roller cam on the side of the bolt.
The Buffer Technologies M1A/M14 Recoil Buffer eliminates the metal to metal contact of the operating rod to the front of the receiver. The M1A/M14 Buffer Technologies Recoil Buffer will protect your operating rod, the weak link in the M1A/M14 system, from excessive shock.

With the Buffer Technologies M1A/M14 Recoil Buffer installed you have less felt recoil, more muzzle stability, less action noise, and will extend the service life of your weapon.

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 01/03/12 06:12 PM

It's hard to believe, isn't it?

Over three years of having a Nigerian Kenyan Socialist Muslim Islamo-Fascist in the White House...and still, no guns have been grabbed.

Leastwise...none of mine have.

Any of the chicken littles have a gun grabbed yet?

Don't bother...I know you haven't...just keeping us up to date on the grabbings...or lack thereof.

Fish on...

Todd

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 01/03/12 06:17 PM

I had someone try to grab my junk but that was just Illy.
Posted by: Illyrian

Re: Obama gun ban process is starting. - 01/03/12 11:01 PM

lamer