Music Ideas

Posted by: jackiepoo

Music Ideas - 06/01/09 12:01 AM

Well I am a music junkie to the bone. Been jamming on the guitar since I was 11 now I am almost 32. Love all types of tunes but the metal, rock, is the needle and the spoon for me. A band that I followed from the get go, Pearl Jam has some cool songs, re- issue /LIVE on their pearljam.com site. I am hoping with their playing of Conan and a few big festivals this summer they wind up at the gorge for a couple nights. A band a friend turned me on to I highly suggest is called Dredg. Check their my space sight out, and listen to their tracks posted. I saw em live a few months ago and the drummer is one of the best ever. Dude was playing sick beats with one hand while dropping piano lines at the same time. When he was using both arms Neal Pert would have to smile. The singer has this voice that just takes command of the whole venue from the get go. My favorite band Deftones has a bass player in a coma from being in a bad car wreck. Good dude all around. Check out their myspace page out too and you can kind of get a taste of their stuff. I recently started clicking on the albums icon and finding you can listen to entire albums for free. I highly suggest their second album Around the Fur. Fly em high and pave the streets with metal!
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Music Ideas - 06/01/09 06:49 PM

I've been listening to all of my The Black Keys albums for the last 2 weeks pretty much on a continuous loop. Just a phase I am in. I like them a lot, they play simple blues. They use minimal production, guitar and drums, and sound pretty raw on most songs. A lot like The White Stripes, and Led Zepplin, and a bunch of other blues-rock bands.

Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Music Ideas - 06/02/09 12:40 AM

Anything to make NP smile.

Mf
Posted by: Marz

Re: Music Ideas - 06/03/09 08:24 PM

'nuff said.