Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/23/09 10:10 PM

The lefties are bursting arteries. hello
Posted by: goharley

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/23/09 10:23 PM

So laffin'................................at Mt Vernon. rofl
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/23/09 10:24 PM

Yay.

That's like keys to a Vega, or a Pinto wagon with simulated wood-grain paneling, isn't it?
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/23/09 10:30 PM

Guess it's his home town...so prolly more like a Cosworth Vega to him. rofl The local news says there's going to be a bunch of protesters..you know the kind that wan't to halt free speech.
Posted by: sodfarmer

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/23/09 11:15 PM

There are better people who grew up here that should get a key .
But I will be checking out the protesters just for the fun of it
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 01:18 PM

I saw a posting on CL recruiting protestors......strange days indeed as John Lennon would say.....
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 01:28 PM

The funny thing that alot of people don't seem to understand in the slightest, is that Glenn Beck, Limbaugh, and others that do similar shows, purposely rile up their listeners to boost ratings!

These shows are for entertainment purposes, and are not completely based on fact. Thay are based on opinion....If even after they "strike a cord" you think they are based entirely on fact, pull your head out of your ass!
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 01:38 PM

The whole thing is dumb. Mt. Vernon is a good place says this former MV and Skagit County resident. Unfortunately the mayor is also dumb. That isn't the main reason he was elected, but that doesn't hinder local elections. The mayor is a local good old boy who sorta' made good by getting drafted to warm an NFL bench. Consequently he is immensely popular even tho he is dumb, and has done what looks like to many as a dumb thing - extending a key to the city to another local boy made good - Glen Beck - who just also happens to be a dummy.

But the overall idea is good, and Mayor Norris should be commended for that. Even if Beck is dumb, he is popular with all the local dumb conservatives who soak up self righteous conservative talk radio like sponges. So they sold a ton of tickets at $25 a pop (900 I heard) to people who have nothing better to do with their lives or money to listen to Beck foam at the mouth. And the money goes to a good local cause, preserving and maintaining the Lincoln Theater which hosts plays and concerts that are actually attended by slightly more liberals than conservatives. Therefore it makes absolutely no sense for the liberals to get upset over letting Beck have a symbolic key and letting conservatives pay more than their fair share to preserve the Lincoln Theater.

So even tho it's irrefutable that Mayor Norris is dumb as a stump, this is actually one of the brightest ideas they guy has ever brought forth - a simple and effective fund raiser for the community. That there is a controversy is as dumb as the mayor is on a typical day. Yes I used to know Norris.

Sg
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 01:57 PM

I agree Chuck, who the hell has time to listen to talk radio anyway?
Posted by: Illahee

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 02:16 PM

Listening to talk radio is way easier than actually thinking.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 06:12 PM

Freespool,

I beg to differ. I tried listening to talk radio a few times. Painful. I'd much rather think. As hard as that can be, it isn't near the pain of listening to talk radio.

Sg
Posted by: 4Salt

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 06:20 PM

You're not a right-wing extremist though Salmo. It does make a big difference!

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 09:49 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Salt

As if that weren't obvious! (sarcasm intended)

Sg
Posted by: Salmonella

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 09:52 PM

Originally Posted By: 4Salt

Truthfully.
Is a right wing extremist any worse than a left wing extremist?
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 10:00 PM

No...left wing wackos are way worse. moose

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 10:03 PM

Really? Do a body count by RWWJs vs. LWWJs, then tell us LWWJs are way worse.
Posted by: Salmonella

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 10:10 PM

I don't want extremists of either end running our country.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 10:23 PM

Neither does the majority of Americans, that's why she's been reduced to giving embarrassing speeches in China.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 10:34 PM

True, research would result in facts, and you just can't have none of that, now can ya, Hank. wink

Saving the world from Russia considered whackjobbery? Saving the world from Hitler whackjobbery? As is retribution for Peal Harbor and defending America from Japan?

I'll give ya #4, though. smile
Posted by: Timber

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/24/09 10:56 PM

Originally Posted By: AuntyM
Originally Posted By: Dan S.
Yay.

How Richard Simmons of you.

RICHEY you been caught!!! rofl
Posted by: Chuck E

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/25/09 12:28 PM

'LWWJ #4: Lyndon Johnson and the Vietnam fiasco.'

Well Hankster, you don't get full credit for that one. Granted, Johnson escalated the US involvement after the contrived Gulf of Tonkin incident in August of '64, Eisenhower was the first Prez to send 'advisors' into Viet Nam in 1955. The first US Viet Nam casualties occured in 1959.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/25/09 02:54 PM

Also... while LBJ and "give 'em hell Harry" were both Democrats... they were FAR from being LWWJ's.

That's one of the many problems with the RWWJ's though... they lack the cognitive capacity to understand the difference.

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/25/09 04:48 PM

Yup, Medicare and civil rights were real disasters... weren't they! doh

You might possess a little cognitive capability Hank... but you hardly ever use it. cowboy

Lady Bird was the liberal in that family. LBJ sometimes had to be brought along kickin' and screamin'. Hubert Humphrey and Gene McCarthy deserve a little credit too.

Also... Barry Goldwater was preachin' the same message you just did above back in '64... and look where it got him. fridge
Posted by: Rooselk

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/26/09 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By: sodfarmer
There are better people who grew up here that should get a key .
But I will be checking out the protesters just for the fun of it

True. I'm thinking we should have a Demi Moore Day given that she went to school at Laventure Junior High.
Posted by: Rooselk

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/26/09 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: goharley
So laffin'................................at Mt Vernon. rofl

But at least our city council had some common sense:

Quote:
The seven-member council unanimously passed a resolution proposed by member Dale Ragan that stated, "Mount Vernon City Council is in no way sponsoring the Mayor's event on September 26, 2009 and is not connected to the Glenn Beck event in any manner."

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/26/09 06:32 PM

From the Tribune this morning:

Quote:
Beck said on his radio show on Sept. 2. “You don’t know some of these people in Seattle ... They don’t have a life. They’re out hugging salmon and setting them free.”
...a bunch of salmon huggers. rofl
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Glenn Beck getting keys to Mt Vernon. - 09/27/09 01:18 PM

While we're talking about body counts, wasn't it under R leadership that we had the most Americans killed in war? 1861-65.