Looks like Paterno is about expired.

Posted by: Sol Duc

Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/21/12 07:13 PM

http://cleveland.cbslocal.com/2012/01/21/former-penn-state-coach-joe-paterno-reportedly-near-death/
Posted by: STRIKE ZONE

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/21/12 08:33 PM

Sad.Good luck.

SZ
Posted by: SBD

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/21/12 08:47 PM

Stress Kills
Posted by: ParaLeaks

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/21/12 09:06 PM

Not Near-Death.......Dead.
Man.
Posted by: eddie

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/21/12 09:06 PM

It is sad that a coach with a very long and illustrious career will be most remembered for what he didn't do.

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/21/12 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: eddie
It is sad that a coach with a very long and illustrious career will be most remembered for what he didn't do.

Spot on!
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/22/12 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By: eddie

I guess it's sad because he's so old? The long and illustrious career ended when he showed his true colors and complete lack of integrity and looked the other way while kids were getting their lives ruined under his watch. He was in a position of leadership at a college, karma's a bitch.

Posted by: The Catcherman

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/22/12 02:41 PM

I wouldn't say he looked the other way...he reported it to his supervisor immediately after hearing the story, thereby fulfilling his legal obligation. What I don't understand, and what will tarnish his reputation with many Americans, is why didn't he follow up after reporting the incident? Most folks will question whether he fulfilled his moral obligation to the kids. He did sound very remorseful in his statement after the story was revealed and I would speculate he went to his grave sorry for not doing more.
Posted by: gvbest

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/22/12 06:31 PM

While there is no argument about his coaching accomplishments and how many lives he effected in a positive manner but when he was told of what was going on to only meet his legal obligations doesn't really meet the standards of what most people would think a great man would do. I am sorry for his family's loss and I hope he finds piece and forgiveness.

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/22/12 10:00 PM

Originally Posted By: The Catcherman
I wouldn't say he looked the other way...he reported it to his supervisor immediately after hearing the story, thereby fulfilling his legal obligation. What I don't understand, and what will tarnish his reputation with many Americans, is why didn't he follow up after reporting the incident? Most folks will question whether he fulfilled his moral obligation to the kids. He did sound very remorseful in his statement after the story was revealed and I would speculate he went to his grave sorry for not doing more.

At this point, it's not what he did over the course of his career, but what he didn't do when it really mattered.

Legal obligation? while one of his coaches under him is raping little kids? AYFKM? He was in a long term position of high leadership. Not following through shows a complete lack of integrity. As far as questioning whether he fulfilled his moral obligation, what is there to question? He FAILED. He should have been outraged, instead, he continued to work with the child molester like nothing happened???. He's an accomplice to child rape. POS.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/22/12 10:23 PM

Good riddance.
Posted by: Knucklebustersonly

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/23/12 12:28 AM

I'm tired of the "he did everything he should have" and "he reported it to his AD"

HE KNEW of some disgusting and despicable acts taking place... If you have the slightest inkling of a child rapist in your camp, you throw that Fukker under the bus and leave him to dry.....
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/23/12 11:23 PM

Originally Posted By: Knucklebustersonly
I'm tired of the "he did everything he should have" and "he reported it to his AD"

HE KNEW of some disgusting and despicable acts taking place... If you have the slightest inkling of a child rapist in your camp, you throw that Fukker under the bus and leave him to dry.....

Exactly. Too bad it's not so cut & dry when it comes to protecting the Sanctity of Religious & other organizations, were kids are preyed upon.

Paterno got off Scot free, as far as I'm concerned.

Mf
Posted by: Achewter

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/24/12 01:39 AM

He worked with that POS for the sake of Penn State football. At least I hope thats why he did it.
Should have hung him high!!!

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/24/12 09:54 AM

What people here think of this situation is a lot different than what most of the ifisher's think.

http://www.ifish.net/board/showthread.php?p=3979803#post3979803
Posted by: goharley

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/24/12 11:47 PM

Of course they'd defend him, that site had a pedophile amongst their members for awhile. I don't remember them vilifying him, either.

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/25/12 12:15 AM

Kinda ghey posting a thread from another site. cool

Re: Looks like Paterno is about expired. - 01/25/12 12:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
Kinda ghey posting a thread from another site. cool

Takes one to know one?