lets start slow...

Posted by: Anonymous

lets start slow... - 01/16/13 02:31 AM

i took this tonight, same POS Fuji S2940, that Katie spilled cranberry juice on and you have to blow hot breath into the zoom lever area to unstick it.. every time you use it... really considering trading the Hasselblad and the Rollieflex for a nice D series Nikon.... might just do it tommorow...

100.9X on the digital zoom from a Vanguard tripod.. dropped the ISO to 100 for that shot, at 800, it was too bright, i have pics of that too...
Posted by: snit

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 11:30 AM

m-o-o-n spells moon...............
Posted by: Illyrian

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 12:56 PM

Very nice.
btw redhook, you seem a bit knowledgable on the camera
scene. I am an old SLR guy and have used the Konica series and lenses
forever. I like to take sports pictures and many of the "new" style, do it all for you, are useless at a basketball or baseball game. fuzzy fuzzy
fuzzy.
Are there any compact type auto cameras that let you select aperature or shutter speed in a manual mode? My Sony Cyber shot lets me have a couple of aperatures and shutter speeds to play with but it is very limited in what you can do.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 02:04 PM

RH,

It's cool that you have an interest in photography. What I don't get is how someone who has such an interest would have situations or arrangements wherein your camera and cranberry juice could have the possibility of a chance meeting. I've been carrying my POS digital camera on a neckstrap in my shirt pocket while fishing for nearly 8 years now, fully aware that I could go for a swim and destroy it. So far it only gets wet from rain water that gets on my shirt. And yours gets cranberry juice spilled on it.

Your posts give me the feeling that if only 4 things could go wrong in your life, most likely 12 will. Is your life really a never-ending drama?

Sg

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 03:10 PM

rofl

Salmo,

Katie isnt very Gazzelle like, she could trip on air... we were going to the Carbon, i had my 40 pound backback on, 2 rods in 1 hand, 2 bait containers in the other hand, and she had a bag, with something to eat, a book, a blanket, my camera, and, her god damn juice... while coming down the side of the ledge off the dike, the juice lid got popped open from a branch or something, and it dumped into the bag... i made a whole 1 cast that day... it is what it is, and know to not let it happen again, oh well...

Illy,

i dont know much about cameras honestly, im just starting to really figure this one out... its not even that nice of a camera, i think i paid 250 for it with the 16gb card... i also have a Sony Cybershot DSC-T30, that i need a battery and charger for, but they are expensive so it just sits... i borrowed a Nikon D40 from my father in law basically, but his charger got stolen, and they are expensive as well, so i havent bought one for that either...

as far as cameras, theres quite a few decent ones around that arent too expensive, but i would talk to Dave Vedder about that, hes got much more knowledge than i do about digital cameras at this point ... im seriously contemplating going to college for photography, just not sure where i should go... gonna do some research on programs and decide from there...
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 03:10 PM

RH, from all assessments, you definitely started slow.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 03:43 PM

i thought that was alot better than anything ive taken... how far is the moon away again? if you think you could do better, by all means, post em up... i mean its easy right?
Posted by: SundayMoney

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 03:47 PM

$4.73 is expensive? eek

http://www.amazon.com/CyberShot-DSC-T200...dsc-t30+charger

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 03:47 PM

I'm just pitching you crap. It certainly is a big step up from the first moon shot you posted!
Posted by: Sol Duc

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 03:56 PM

RH, you should take the Hassell Blad proceeds to gas up a car and get a FCKING JOB!! And quit f'n around on the COUCH/COMPUTER all DAY!!! mad

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 04:01 PM

im trading in the Hassie today likely, just called the camera shop, and he said i may be able to get into a high end DSLR for what i have... desicions desicions...

go low MP format, get a few extra lenses...

go high MP format, get 1 lens, and go from there....

hmmmmm...

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 04:14 PM

If I didn't know better I'd swear you were my brother-in-law... btw, that's not a compliment... He knows gawd damn everything there is to know about everything, and isn't afraid to tell you... but doesn't know jack [Bleeeeep!] about common sense...

Common sense tells me, that If you have a [Bleeeeep!] load of stuff that is worth something, go sell it for a [Bleeeeep!] load of cash and go buy yourself a few classes at a trade school... go get good at something, anything...

I will tell you first hand that it is so much more rewarding melting real metal with real fire than grabbing a f'ing cyber flame thrower and laying waste to a cyber warlord...

JFC!!

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 05:13 PM

My Hubby is the same, he's ok in small doses. crazy

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Sol Duc
My Hubby is the same, he's ok in small doses. crazy

rofl

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 06:30 PM

rofl Pay back is a biotch S.G. evil
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 06:38 PM

One of the best moon shots I've ever seen rh. Keep em coming.

Mf

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 09:45 PM

traded for a mint Pentax K10 D, with new Tamron AF28-200mm Super Zoom lens...

but, just as i suspected, the lens isnt enough, im MILES away from the moon now, its like the size of a dime... plus there is a bunch of crap on this camera that ive never even messed with on any camera, aperatures shutter crap, ect ect ect... should be fun to mess with, i never would have used that Hasselblad anyways... the film is expensive, its expensive to devolop, with this and the Photoshop Lightroom 2 program i have, i should be able to do some ok stuff... still have that Nikon D40 too, that im probably just gonna get a charger for... i mean whats another 30 bucks right?

its actually a pretty nice camera, unlike Nikons and Cannons, this is weather proof, and it also has image stabilization on it... the lens is also both manual and autofocus...

should be fun, whats the worst that could happen besides spending more money right?

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 09:53 PM

Man, I can't wait for more moon pics. smirk

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 10:05 PM

what are you talking about? what are you refering to that would be "wrong"? wtf is wrong with you? jesus......
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 10:14 PM

Contrasting shots are seldom disappointing.

Mf

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: redhook
whats the worst that could happen besides spending more money right?

look at it this way, at least your pictures couldn't get any worse... wink

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 10:37 PM

a family heirloom that sits around, collects dust, and i give ZERO sh!ts about... i kept the Rollieflex, thats a heirloom, that will sit around, and collect dust... ill keep the OM1's that sit around, and collect dust, they were my dads primary cameras... i can use them tho, if i choose to...

i got something i could USE.. and use when im out in the woods and such...

also, i went to a professional camera shop (Robi's) and talked with the owner i think it was... so no, i didnt read reviews, because i was going there fully wanting a Nikon or a Cannon.. but he was telling me about them, and this one has weather proofing and image stabilization, which the Nikons and Cannons dont... i took his word for it... Hasselblads arent the thing they were 15-20 years ago, hell even 10 years ago... and i was sick of it being around and in the way, so i traded it... problem?

all that matters is that im happy, i honestly dont care what you think, otherwise i would have named the thread "hey DrJake, your thoughts on this deal"?

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 10:43 PM

In other words...the sales dude got paid a higher commission on an off brand! Congrats!!!

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 10:49 PM

heres some info.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K10D

dont look to bad to me... then again, im stupid according to 2 dipsh!ts...
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 11:09 PM

RH

Go to your closest community college or voc tech
school and enroll in basic camera course to learn
how to get the most out of your camera.
BTW both Nikon and Cannon have had image
stabilization lenses for years.

Good cameras and lenses are a major
plus, but learning how to use all their features
Is more important

Re: lets start slow... - 01/16/13 11:29 PM

thats what im thinking of doing Dave, this deffinately isnt as easy as the other ones ive used... did take a couple pics but i have to charge the battery so it will have to wait...

also, this has shake reduction/body based image stabilization, its not in the lens, its in the camera... from what ive been told and read, nothing compares in the range of this camera.. i didnt get it for that, but its a plus i suppose... the weather proofing and dust removal system are kinda cool too...

will be deffinately looking into the classes tho... everyone thinks i will hate it... i dont tho...
Posted by: Excitable Bob

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 12:04 AM

JFC Redhook, I got all excited reading the title of this thread, but am completely disapointed. Now here is a moonshot and its even fishing related. Hope you learn from this.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 12:21 AM

heres a pic of some cat... i mean a cat...

meet my cat Squirt... camera looks to take decent photos

Posted by: Twitch

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Excitable Bob

JFC Redhook, I got all excited reading the title of this thread, but am completely disapointed. Now here is a moonshot and its even fishing related. Hope you learn from this.

I was always told to watch out for the chicks with wiggle warts and anal plugs... laugh
Posted by: Excitable Bob

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 01:11 AM

Here is a cat. Notice its in focus with a decent depth of field. I dont like to critisize other peoples pics as I dont know your intent with your shot. You should normally focus on the eye(s) and dont be afraid to manual focus. Your pic does not show off how good the camera might be and how cool your cat might be. If your interested do as the others have suggested and take some classes and dont try to tell the teach how to take the pics! Shut up and listen.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 01:50 AM

my other cat chewed the eyes out of 2 of my rods, im sure as sh!t not going to let it chew on my camera... is that your pic? or is it a Nikon publication pic taken with a camera with a 12k dollar lens?

heres the best eye (<< see that? smile ) got for only owning this camera a couple hours, and havent read sh!t about the operation of it...

edit: thats from over 4 feet away BTW..

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 01:58 AM

You better stick to flossing? thumbs
Posted by: snit

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 12:31 PM

JFC.......(sorry Chuck)

Re: lets start slow... - 01/17/13 12:36 PM

RH, Davedder had some good advice. And another bit: don't waste your time justifying your actions to the dark side. The only reason to do that is that it gives you pleasure. You know, like , love me or hate me but
don't ignore me.
Nice kitty shot.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 07:19 PM

i went to a local lake today to try to fish, and brought the camera along incase it was frozen, well, the places i wanted to fish were frozen, so i took pictures instead... i deffinately need to get different lenses, this one only does certian things with it being a Macro lens... even in further away pictures it seems to focus on just one point, and not the rest of the area around it, i dont like that... the pictures arent bad, its just not doing what i want it to do...i need to get an all purpose lens, then one that goes up to 3-400 mm, and would like to look into the 650-2600mm lenses for moon pictures... one things for sure, you dont realize how expensive this is, untill you start messing around in the world of photography...

talking with my dad about photography when he was around, and talking to the camera shop guys, its clearly evident who knew/knows more about photography, and clearly, its not the guys at the store... i will figure it out with time, but it sure would have been nice to have some person on person help...is what it is...

heres a few pics i took today...

i have a few more but dont feel like messing with it right now, just not in the mood...

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 07:44 PM

Big Stick has nothing on you.... eek

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 08:07 PM

give me a while and let me upgrade equipment and then we can talk about that.... i would put Stick in the class i would put my dad in, Master....

i have also realized, that sharpening pics with programs, isnt such a bad thing... i always thought that it was cheating, since it isnt the real original picture, its been altered... but have come to the conlusion, that all pictures could use a bit of tweaking, and i shouldnt look down upon myself in doing it... its just another tool in the bag...

last 2 pictures, sharpened...

i obviously still have a long way to go, and alot of money to spend still, but with time, i feel i can accomplish what im trying to do... and thats just be half as good as people like my dad, Stick, Vedder, and the pros on this board... in the mean time, i will just have to do what i can do with what i have... i was thinking about trading the Oly OM-1 and the 4 lenses in for a lens or 2 for this Pentax, but i dont really want to do that, my dad liked that camera, alot... another option would be to get a Olympus DSLR, and use the lenses from the OM-1 on it, but that would be even more money... some of the lenses i was looking at are 800-1500 bucks, ones i wasnt even going to consider, were 12 grand... i think i just need to figure out what really excites me picture wise, and build on that... otherwise i will just have a bunch of lenses that dont do what i want them to do, and all of this will have been for nothing...

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 08:15 PM

You can change the way your lens focuses ,i. e. Center weight or matrix. Read your manual it's your best friend

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 09:32 PM

thanks Dave, the lens manual really doesnt say much of anything, and the camera manual is kinda vague, and just shows basic functions and what not...im going to buy a book on this camera, books usually offer far more information about operation than the manuals do.. i will also need to get a book about F stops, they are kinda confusing me... i can get decent shots i suppose, but something is telling me i have yet to unlock the true capability of pretty much all of my cameras.. film and digital... i will deffinately be taking a course when i can, this is Winter quarter and the enrolls are over as its been started for 3 weeks, so maybe next quarter or the next...

its really wierd using a DSLR camera, vs my semi DSLR camera that i take pics of the moon with, you really dont see the zoom capabilities of lenses untill you start messing with them.. those duck pics are from around 8-10 feet away, lens maxed out, i would like to get pictures like that at 100+ yards away, but not sure how i would go about that...

the first lens im going to buy is a 500 or 800mm Super Telephoto Mirror lens, but honestly, i dont know what results im going to get with it, so i may have to head to another camera shop, talk with them, and possibly see just what a lens like that is capable of before i spend money on it, i litterally almost bought one yesterday, but i dont want to waste money on usless stuff, so im going to see what it does before i buy it...

im really excited to see how pictures of the mountian turn out when this fog and rain go away... and am even more excited to see what it does on fish pictures with the up coming Salmon season...
Posted by: CrailTap

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 09:48 PM

Bring your body with you to the camera store. Most will allow to take some shots with the lenses you're looking at before purchasing.
I highly suggest doing as much reading as you can online. Read about iso, aperture, shutter speed and how they relate to each other. For most people this will not replace taking a class but it will help a lot in the mean time.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 10:49 PM

RH.

Set your camera to apeture priority and shoot
the same subject with every F stop
your lens is capable of. Should be a dozen
or so setting from around 4.5 to 22.

Notice that at a wide open setting like 4.5
Only the subject is in focus, while at a small aperture like F 22 both
Foreground and background are fully in focus.
Shooting lots will help lots.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 11:41 PM

The moon is fuking boring...no offense. And kill those ducks and put 'em in a labs mouth if you want some worth looking at. Hugs and kisses.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/21/13 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Reefer
something is telling me i have yet to unlock the true capability of pretty much all of my cameras.. film and digital...

Redhook you couldn't unlock the true capability of a disposable camera from the gas station. Good fuckinr luck with a real camera.

Lol...you could have sent me a thank you pm back to you pile of chit.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 12:06 AM

Dave,

interesting, kinda got basic knowledge now, buuuut, theres a catch... this camera doesnt take "that" great of pictures in low light or really inside, so i have to use the flash, thats why you see the green glows in all of my cats eyes obviously you would know that... the buuuuut part, i started at 3.8 (lowest) and went to 32 (highest), and each time the picture got darker and darker... that leads me to think that the higher the stop, the less amount of light allowed in... correct?

CT, you had some good points as well, and i started thinking, i know about ISO since im not new to film or digital, but didnt know how it really worked, just that what i was taking pictures of, i needed 400-800 speed film... so, after i did what Dave suggested, i switched it to the Tav mode, which is Ap and Shutter priority, and started messing with the front dial as well... then it all made some sense on what ive been doing...

what i gathered, is that even outside, i can make the pictures too dark, especially when the shutter is high, it doesnt allow enough light in... so i started messing with shutter and apperature and figured out a general consensus of what i can do, right now, without even reading into it... buuuut, it was more complicated than i thought lol....

thanks for the help, its only gonna get better wink

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 12:51 AM

I'm gettin me that dang ol ts4. No fancy shots, but a camera for my lifestyle. Thnx coley an co.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 12:52 AM

And a go pro to catch the tweekers that stole my tools....

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 08:41 AM

Rh

Correct low F stop equals wide open shutter and very
little depth of field. High F stop equals
small shutter opening and more depth
of field

To shoot in low light with no flash require slow shutter
which means you need a tripod
A higher ISO will allow faster shutter
but photos will get grainy at ISO greater than
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 12:25 PM

". . . i started at 3.8 (lowest) and went to 32 (highest), and each time the picture got darker and darker... that leads me to think that the higher the stop, the less amount of light allowed in... correct? . . ."

RH,

If you're just figuring this out after playing with cameras for years, you're still on page one of basic photography. Check with shops as well as your community college for a one or two-day photography class or workshop. They will teach you more than you've taught yourself in the last 10 years or more.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 12:29 PM

Vedder is getting you in the right direction.

Another way to 'cheat' low light/ indoors, is to shoot with a very open aperture (low f #) which gathers the most available light. You will also have to slow down the shutter to gain more light. Try not to go below 1/40 sec, or you will see blur just from your breathing/etc., without a tripod. Don't go past 800 (I don't go past 640) on your iso.

Also watch your white balance settings (WB). These can realllllly effect the color tones and brightness . Each setting has a symbol; lightbulb for incandescent light (indoors), sun for sunny outdoors, shade/cloud for overcast or shady situations, flor. tubes for indoorflorescentlighting.

Take LOTS of shots, take notes on what you like/don't like, then look at the image properties for clues/settings.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 12:56 PM

I don't see these settings on my I-phone.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 01:15 PM

one way to get better brightness at small f stops, f22 for example is to adjust the ISO.
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 01:18 PM

Originally Posted By: yarnballsdeep
And a go pro to catch the tweekers that stole my tools....

You'll probably see them at the family reunion this summer.

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 06:26 PM

Salmo, pretty much correct, although i can do alot more with what i have than most basic people can do with theirs, i can also operate pretty much any camera and get decent results, but you are right, im pretty much on square 1, just at a little higher level than just "basic"...

Dave and Twitch, thanks, i do plan on taking a ton of pictures, and just figured something else out just a minute ago... there was a chopper flying around just a second ago, and i grabed the camera and went outside, well, 1st shot was really bright, and you could barely see the helo, second wasnt as bad after i raised the F stop and ISO, but i didnt get very clear shots as it was cutting through the trees and stuff... so what i learned, is that even on overcast days, if i point directly at the sky and take pictures, i will need to adjust the shutter and ISO so that the image isnt too bright and it drowns out the actual subject... this will come in really handy when i go to airshows this year...

THANKS!!!

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 07:17 PM

If you are in desperate need for available light, set your iso on 200 - 400, and leave it alone.

Adjust shutter more than any other setting. WATCH YOUR LIGHT METER (usually some sort of bar system on the display/viewfinder) then adjust your shutter to balance.

Run aperture from 4.0 - 7.1 for run of the mill picture taking. Run higher than 7.1 if you reallly want a lot of depth, i.e., landscape shots. Run lower then 4.0 when you a) really need light b) really want shallow depth of field. Everyday shots: f/5.0 - 6.3

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 07:23 PM

Taken inside, no flash.

f/2.2 - Notice that this was too shallow to capture the full depth of the flower in focus.

Shutter: 1/800

Iso: 250 - as low as possible to avoid grain

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 07:52 PM

Say you want short depth of field (open aperture, gathering more light) but you are in bright sunlight... adjust with shutter speed.

f/3.2
Shutter 1:1600
Iso 250

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 08:01 PM

i was just messing around outside, i dont have live flowers to take pics of, so i took pics of dead ones... i can get decent shots with ample light (its getting dark here) but the shutter speed needs to be around 1/10th or 1/20th, when i go to 100-4000, the picture gets darker and darker, untill you get so high up its just black...

so with that said, i can go higher on shutter speed when in bright light, but not in overcast/limited light, i need to stay with 1/20th to 1/50th or so shutter to allow the little available light around in... correct?

i think i need to just breathe and slow down, ive been doing so much lately that i forget what i did, and start confusing myself... plus im just taking pictures of random sh!t, instead of stuff id like to take, like a river bank, or an osprey eating a fish or something... im gonna head to the river in the next coming days just for photos since its closed to fishing, and get in the situations of where i like to actually take pictures... which isnt of dead flowers in my neighbors yard LOL...

thanks Eric and Dave, you guys have helped me tremendously, still got a ton of reading to do, ill try and knock half that out tonight...

if theres enough light, ill take some shots of my dads Strat tonight, much more eye appealing than dead flowers...

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 08:01 PM

Or, say you want to blur motion (this case water) by sloooooowing the shutter down, but you don't want too much light (from the slow shutter) then combat it by closing down the aperture.

f/13
Shutter 5 sec.
Iso 400

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 08:02 PM

so THATS how you guys get water to look like ceran wrap over the water... with that slow shutter speed, thats using a tri pod right? obviously?

THANKS!!!

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 08:04 PM

get in the situations of where i like to actually take pictures... which isnt of dead flowers in my neighbors yard LOL...

much more eye appealing than dead flowers...

Nothin' wrong with dead flower shots wink

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 08:14 PM

thats a Fuschia and its not dead... well not then atleast wink

im talkin dead dead LOL..

1/10th Shutter , 400 ISO, 5.6 F

i also learned that there is a ring on the back of the lens, that allows me to lock the F at a desired stop, messed with that today as well, on the top screen on the cam, its not a number anymore just a --- basically indicating that its set on the lens and cant be adjusted on the camera...

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 10:04 PM

this is what is frustrating me...

i took this a while ago, with that same POS Fuji that i take my moon pics of:

this is the EXIF data

File size : 4575721 Bytes
MIME type : image/jpeg
Image size : 4288 x 3216
Camera make : FUJIFILM
Camera model : FinePix S2940/Walmart
Image timestamp : 2012:03:24 13:55:52
Image number :
Exposure time : 1/90 s
Aperture : F3.1
Exposure bias : 0
Flash : No, compulsory
Flash bias :
Focal length : 5.0 mm
Subject distance:
ISO speed : 64
Exposure mode : Auto
Metering mode : Multi-segment
Macro mode : On
Image quality : FINE
Exif Resolution : 4288 x 3216
White balance : Auto
Thumbnail : image/jpeg, 2629 Bytes

and here are 2 more pics of around the same, no EXIF, but i assume its the same roughly

they are undoctored, untouched whatsoever...

i cannot replicate those with this lens, i can get no where near that close, i have to be atleast 2-3 feet away before it will even focus... i think this is a mid range lens, that will allow me to do things from say 3 feet, to probably 40 yards with decent closeness and results... i want up close, and FAR away, so im going to need atleast 2 more lenses to quench what im wanting of myself and my camera... my moon pictures are taken at a subject 238k miles away, with a sh!tty camera, and the results on some of them arent that bad, i dont care what anyone has to say, and remember, i did them thinking the whole time that sharpening pictures was cheating... not the case anymore...

with the duck pic, i never could have had the detail with that cheap camera that came out in those pictures, clearly evident to me... but up close, and far away, for right now, it beats the 1k dollar camera... mid range, not so much at all, i can see good detail in Fir trees at around 100 yards away with this lens... at the same settings and MM on the cheap camera, you wouldnt see the detail...

then theres the whole CCD vs CMOS thing, what they were saying at the camera shop was just babble to me, i didnt understand any of it and wanted to leave 30 minutes before it was even brought up... whats the deal with it?

i think im gonna have to trade some more stuff... the Besseler enlarger is never going to be used, so i guess it goes next....

Re: lets start slow... - 01/22/13 10:06 PM

also, i have quite a few pics like this, and others i never shared, mainly because i didnt want to get made fun of, is what it is...
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: lets start slow... - 01/23/13 08:39 AM

I'm sure that there are photo bulliten boards out there.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/15/13 10:38 PM

heres 2 MOON pics i just took... ive been messing with the app and shutter a little over the past couple weeks... been fun, interesting, frustrating, but im learning alot, with both of the cameras...

this is the POS camera btw, i need to pick up this 500-2500mm lens for the other one so i can get close....

anyways, i think they are alright...

nights still young, and the moons still out... i also spotted a weird red spot away from the MOON, but there is something directly next to it... i think it might be Saturn and one of its MOON's.... im watchin a movie right now tho so it will have to wait...

after staring at them, maybe they are kinda blurry... might be glasses time, i was hoping that wouldnt ever happen...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/15/13 11:13 PM

In all seriousness...what is wrong with you RH? Not one single person is entertained by your moon photos. Matter of fact, they make fun of you for that and many other things. The fact thag your moon photos have become the focul point of your retardation and you decide to still post moon pictures shows a lot about the mind of Nate. I wouldn't be surprised if you keep Katie tied up in a basement with Jacy Duggard.

You give me the heebie jeebies.

Will you just post a photo of your self so I can hand it out to the elemetary school?!

Re: lets start slow... - 02/15/13 11:13 PM

Moon pics.....jesus.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/15/13 11:38 PM

Is it true tou played Rocky Dennis in the movie the mask, RH? That movie was awesome.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/15/13 11:49 PM

no, i would knock the sh!t out of him...

do me a favor, go stick your head in the toilet... not "mind in the gutter", but physically go cram your head in the toilet...

if you dont care, dont click it... or, respond.... either way, i dont care... this isnt a "moon" thread, this is just a general picture thread, just happens i like to take pictures of it...

i do have pictures of when we went to the Soldiers Home last Sunday, they came out pretty good too... but im not posting them... not now... because obviously noone cares...

you aint too bright are you? your spelling skills are on par with ODH...
Posted by: TACO BELL

Re: lets start slow... - 02/16/13 06:47 PM

Well, since you all last heard from me, I've completed my Mavis Beacon spelling course, so no need to accuse me of being odh any more. Now, on to what matters.

You will soon figure out, like I did on his first post, that Chromethious with an emphasis on the "meth", is none other than yarnballsdeep trying to keep it together so he doesn't get banned again.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 02:34 AM

Gyt, ybd closed his account. You are really horned up on him huh? I actually know ybd and he would like to meet you and odh. You should pm me a cell number and we could set it up. It would be fun.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 02:43 AM

He finds meth thing super funny. Coming form dudes who never change their shirts, post and have a role on that filth shithole fishchan. Ybd says he knows what odh looks like so he can meet gyt....he says he also knows you are scurred and thats why you are so set on getting rid of him or who you think is him. His redneck ass told me to tell you, you have a pretty mouth...i would love to make odh my girlfriend.....hopefully wen da bee run cums en we kan meat op et blu crik end han ot?

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 02:46 AM

But you and your nasty little butt buddy only fish at night....and Im nor a tweaked out vampire...just pm a phone number....ybd has a lot to learn about drift fishing. He knows you guys do really well. He says hes sorry for getting mad..just needs more friends to fish with.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 02:48 AM

WTF DID I JUST READ...

your house probably smells like a fvckin drag strip huh? and it aint from burn outs in a Chevelle...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 02:54 AM

It smells like wood floors amd fancy scented candles. Don't compare my living to yours rh....that would be silly and not end in your favor..we arent the muscle car type.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 03:02 AM

Your house smells like cup of noodles, dirty shwag brown weed, dirty laundry and when you beg.....dirty filthy stankin' fire crotch poon.....Followed by lots of febreeze.

And obviously...............methanphetamine.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 03:04 AM

Night....I actually have [Bleeeeep!] to do tomorrow...oh and I caught three today rh.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By: CHROMETHIOUS
Your house smells like cup of noodles, dirty shwag brown weed, dirty laundry and when you beg.....dirty filthy stankin' fire crotch poon.....Followed by lots of febreeze.

And obviously...............methanphetamine.

wtf is that sh!t? like super meth?

you just shut up and be a dumb drunk redneck, leave me the fvck alone... i fvckin hate fake people...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 04:01 AM

I don't know how to correctly spell meth....that's a good thing.

I've taken $hits that had brighter futures than you. Go get em.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 03:41 PM

i have taken every single thing Dave and Eric have told me, applied it, viewed results, ect... i have messed with shutter speeds, aperature settings, zoom length, ect... i have started using the manual focus for quick succesive shots, used/not used flash in certian applications, ect...

it might seem like i havent because of some dingbats that cant keep their mouths shut, but it is what it is...

this thread is a mixture of photos from 2 different cameras, that im figuring out what they are capable of at the same time... the expensive one, and the not so expensive one...

when and if i get frustrated, and forget about something, i immeadiately come back here, re read, apply, check results, ect...

i guess i will throw up a couple pics with the new camera that were taken at the Soldiers Home, and Cemetary.. they are just pics of a few head stones, a tank, a boat propeller, and some artillery guns... but i think they came out pretty decent... ill do it in a little while...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 03:50 PM

I tried not posting, but the constant dipshittey forced my hand.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 03:51 PM

Shouldn't have made the dad comment. The rest I'm ok with.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 04:30 PM

heres some pictures from last weekend...

the next really clear day, im going to take shots of the mountian, we went shopping a couple days ago, and i did take one in the parking lot, but there is a telephone pole in the middle of it and that ruins it... i have a spot that is unobstructed that i can take shots of it from, but its gotta be clear....
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 07:39 PM

Racy chick pics > moon pics

smile
Posted by: Jason Beezuz

Re: lets start slow... - 02/17/13 11:31 PM

This thread stinks like fu$kin $hit....

Re: lets start slow... - 02/18/13 12:11 AM

Make sure she hits the tanning bed first. Your military facination is humorous. The service would have really done you some good. To think of the man you might be today had you gave her a whirl....Too many good men have been blown up when it could have been a redhook.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/18/13 12:14 AM

You would have made a great bomb sniffing pooch.
Not too late to join the reserves! How old are you RH?

Re: lets start slow... - 02/18/13 12:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Jason Beezy
This thread stinks like fu$kin $hit....

Great observation breezy.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/18/13 12:19 AM

Pictures of graves aren't very entertaining either....I'm sure the familys are happy to know a guy who listens to rap music about eating children are documenting the bravery and the sacrifice of those MEN.

Re: lets start slow... - 02/18/13 12:28 AM

wow....

yeah i got nothin...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/18/13 12:42 AM

since hes gonna be a dick.... ill play.. for a second...

what did your chick leave you for Chris? she get sick and tired of you drinking to retardedness and beating the sh!t out of her? Mr.Deathmatch?

GFY douchebag...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/19/13 07:17 PM

should be a nice looking moon tonight...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/19/13 09:19 PM

sure is...

Re: lets start slow... - 02/19/13 09:51 PM

Bob needs to make a RH forum...where he can play with himself. crazy

Re: lets start slow... - 02/19/13 10:14 PM

you need to find a girlfriend so you can stop playing with yourself...
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: lets start slow... - 02/19/13 11:39 PM

That fugger mooned us !

JFC
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: lets start slow... - 11/13/20 01:35 PM

Weird thread

Re: lets start slow... - 11/13/20 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: War-Paint
Weird thread
Blub blub grbbbllschnrrblll glubbgghh