Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers

Posted by: ParaLeaks

Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/24/13 10:37 PM

24 pics to enjoy

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/24/13 10:40 PM

Thought I would add.........mods having to babysit has to be no fun.
Posted by: Brewer

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/24/13 11:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Slab Happy
Thought I would add.........mods having to babysit has to be no fun.

they stepped up for the job. hope it pays well.
Posted by: Magicfly

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 12:01 AM

Looks like a few of those shots are from the island's.....

Why am I not surprised?

Mf
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 01:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Brewer
they stepped in to the job. hope it pays well.

Fixed that for you.

Yeah, the pay is freakin' fantastic. Great benefits too and think of all the friends I've made here. This place is better than DisneyFuckingLand.

Nothing cheers my day up like having to listen to a bunch of whiny bitches on the Darkside bitch and moan at each other then come running to the moderators. When they realize we really don't give a [Bleeeeep!], they start posting how [Bleeeeep!] we are and how crappy of a job we do around here.

[Bleeeeep!] you all, bitches.

Good thing I'm going through a divorce right now, or I'd really be bent out of shape. My divorce doesn't seem nearly as painful as "moderating" this place....which might explain why I'm not around that much and truly don't give a [Bleeeeep!] about PP or any of you at the moment.

Hey FP, please stop by my house and take a picture and use it for your .signature line. It's suppose to go on the market by this weekend and I could use the FREE advertising.

PS. Anyone want to buy a kick-ass house in Wedgwood? I upgraded the living crap out of that house....only to have to sell it in a divorce. FML.......

Loves and kisses, ya fuckin' 'tards.

Bitter and angry? Fuckyeah.

rofl kinda.......
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 01:17 AM

sorry to hear about your misfortunes Parker, even tho when the world may seem "dark", theres always the light....

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 01:51 AM

hang in there parker!

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 09:40 AM

Damn. Shocker news, Parker. Crap.
Posted by: Illyrian

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 10:27 AM

roflBeen there, done that 45 years ago. Often painful, always
expensive.
Hope you are having a nice day.
You do have to appreciate the entertainment value of this menagerie.
Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 10:59 AM

Somber yet hilarious post MP! Everything WILL work out for the better....and I see alot more fishing time in your future. thumbs

Ike
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 11:33 AM

Parker,
Really sorry to hear about that. I hope everything turns out as well as possible for you.
SF
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 11:46 AM

Godspeed, Paker.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 11:53 AM

Sorry Parker. It happens to the best of us. It's brutal but survivable according to my experience. If you want to talk with a voice of experience, give me a call. Watch out for your kids; that's what matters the most.

Sg
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 11:57 AM

Sorry to hear that, Parker. Hoping the best for you and your entire family.
Posted by: JTD

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 12:06 PM

I just made my LAST alimony payment this month and my income will almost double after the last four years. We were together for eighteen years and leaving those three kids was the most difficult thing I have ever done. I will add that the entire family is happier now and while I was worried the kids would be negatively affected, that wasn't the case at all. If the ex wasn't so consistently unhappy I am not sure I wouldn't have tried harder to keep it all together though.

If you need a lawyer, I have one in Tacoma that never loses and is very fair billing-wise.

Good luck Parker, I wouldn't wish it on anyone
Posted by: RowVsWade

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 02:29 PM

Parker----I'm very sorry to hear what you're going thru. It really puts into perspective what's important.

I hope you come out of this a happier and stronger person. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 02:48 PM

I've been separated for over 2 years and am still negotiating my divorce settlement... It sucks, but I'm a way better dad now because of it...

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 04:06 PM

Just now getting a bite to eat, so I'll put this up on my time....

We've been dealing with our issues since the the summer, so it wasn't any great shock to either one of us when we both decided enough was enough and filed just after Valentine's Day. The clock started and ends on May 20th.

No fighting, bickering, hatred, and all that other stuff most of your probably equate a divorce with. No lawyers either. So far, it's cost me $290 for a filing fee for the most part. I'm going to walk away from this with my X as my best friend....but no longer my lover. We are always "partners", as we have 2 kids. I'm also going to walk away from this with a chunk of change from the sale of the house, no divorce costs, no alimony and I'm only paying $40 a month in child support.

We've both moved out and have our own rental houses. Mine has as.......

wait for it.........

2 beers on tap in the kitchen (well, of course!)......

and......

A HOT TUB!!!!! smile

I've spent the last week getting the house ready to be put on the market and it is ready to be listed tomorrow. It's clean, shiny, staged, has damn near new and improved EVERYTHING in/on it, and is in an awesome school area (Viewridge Elementary) for kids. One of the better public schools in the NE Seattle area.

It should sell fast.

Both the kids are doing remarkably well. They are used to their Mom being gone for 10 days (conferences, etc) as well as when I go fishing up in Alaska, etc. I get the kids 2 weeks then my X get's them 2 weeks. Seems to be working out well and the kids are enjoying both of their new houses. I thank anyone who needs to be thanked on a daily basis for having two wonderful kids. They are my priority at the moment.

I'm surviving. I'm not digging the living alone thing and have not had any time to fish, let alone do much else. Just been packing, moving, unpacking, getting settled, and working on the old house. I am damn near beat down, though.

OTOH, nothing refreshes the old soul like a fresh glass of beer and a soak in the hot tub every night! Only thing that is missing are the hoards of super models that I'm sure are dying to meet me. If they don't like beer or hot tubs, they ain't invited over! rofl

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 04:21 PM

sounds like you 2 are actual adults... you should also be proud of that Parker, your kids should be proud of that too... alot of people intentionally try to disrupt and destroy the others lives after the divorce, and all that does is screw up the kids in the process...

one of mine and my dads good friends got divorced after my dad died, and his dad died... his wife was acting sh!tty and he got upset about it... he had an 8 second Hemi Dart, an SRT10 Viper Truck, and a Harley Vrod Destroyer drag bike, and a big ass house, couple other old Cudas, Darts, ect... long story short, he left with the bike, and that was it... plus a judge ordered him to pay 4k of the 7k a month he was making... he wasnt too happy about that, still isnt, but the payments are down to 2200 a month now as its been a few years since.. hes just now finally getting his life back to normal, and is messed up too because he is one of the most geniunely good dudes you will ever come across... his wife on the other hand, tried everything she could to hurt him, including keeping the kid from him, and in the end, it only affects the child... people need to think about that first, then themselves, if at all....

glad to hear you 2 are real people, that care more about your kids than yourselves...

if ya want a date or somethin (no not hookers), i know a chick thats pretty cool... pretty as well.. i could introduce ya if you would like?

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 04:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Natron

if ya want a date or somethin (no not hookers), i know a chick thats pretty cool... pretty as well.. i could introduce ya if you would like?

That's freaking cool as hell right there!

Mf

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 04:29 PM

Hey Parker Sorry to hear of this.

Your lucky she still likes you. Other wise to the cleaners you'd be going.

Hang in there.

Mf
Posted by: Dave Vedder

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 04:31 PM

No real words of wisdom Parker, but most of us have gone though it. You will have a rough few years here but it will get better. Hint, It's hard to think of family problems when you are casting a fly.
Posted by: RognSue

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 04:52 PM

Originally Posted By: parker

No fighting, bickering, hatred

Kids come first before ALL else...
The rest is just a business transaction ...
A year from now life will be better wink
Posted by: JTD

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 05:16 PM

(parker)

Lucky for you! That is great. I wish my ex was as emotionally mature; I suggested we could be friends again and she laughed. Oh well.

If Redhook's offer isn't appealing, I am a believer in Match.com- It is like a giant virtual grocery store for dating and there is a disproportionate number of girls to guys. The likes and dislikes narrow the field and make finding a compatible partner much easier. And, after only half a dozen dates or so, I found an amazing gal.

Being alone was weird at first but the freedom is progressively intoxicating. I was so negatively conditioned that something as simple as buying groceries or clothes made me feel guilty- like someone was watching me. i quickly got used to going where I wanted, when I wanted, how long I wanted... it doesn't sound as if you were as oppressed but I can imagine you will find your own victories.

beer
Posted by: BroodBuster

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 05:41 PM

Sorry to hear that Parker!

Give me a shout when you're ready to go do some long range shooting wink That should cheer you up!
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 07:46 PM

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
What I would do if I were you is, take the money you get from selling your house, quit your job, buy a single wide mobile home in Forks straight cash and see if Bob will pay you for moderating this site in free trips and Rainier tall boys.

This.

Glad to hear it's not as bad as it could be...
Wish ya the best. It would be a haul, but if you want to get on the water next weekend, I'm planning on killing some fish.

If you want a change of pace, we're hiring soon smile You'd even get housing with the job. It would be pretty sweet having you as a neighbor. Pretty good fishing in the front yard. wink

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 10:35 PM

[/quote]It would be pretty sweet having you as a neighbor.[/quote]

after one month of this you would regret that!

rofl
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 10:55 PM

Change is always hard but your priorities are right, you're still young.
Posted by: Excitable Bob

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 04/25/13 11:34 PM

I wish you the best, it sounds like you and the soon to be ex are on the right track and doing it right. The kids of course and the most important thing. Keep on keeping on.

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 01:52 AM

Just an update:

Put the house on the market on Friday for $529,800. Accepted an offer today (1 of 9) for $626,000.

I'm seriously having a really hard time believing my house just sold for damn near $100K more than I asked for it. God bless Seattle and the lesbian couple (with a 5 year old boy) who bought it! Gotta love this place!

It's a nice shining light in all this mess.

My realtor brought a growler of Georgetown's Lucille IPA for me while I accepted and signed the papers for the offer. Beer goes bad in a growler. Looks like I'm gonna have to celebrate and kill this thing tonight in celebration!

Here's to me and one of the few positive things that have come out of this divorce for me!

beer

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 01:55 AM

take the extra 100K and go buy yourself a Grady or a Duckworth wink

glad to hear its going semi ok for you parker...

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 01:57 AM

Nate.....

I only get......

....wait for it......

.....for those that are divorced already know this......

HALF!!!!!

wink

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 02:10 AM

That's EXACTLY what my relator said. Priced any higher and nothing would have happened.

Money is probably going to go in these short-term funds:

50% VMPYX – WF Strategic Municipal Bond Fund
25% JFIAX – Hancock Floating Rate Income Fund
25% DLTNX – DoubleLine Total Return Fund

At least for the next 1-3 years. It's nice having friends who own or work in investment companies for people with LOTS of monies. This is their recommendation....that I trust %100.

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 02:18 AM

id take 20k right out of there and buy myself a SuperVee fund as a going away present...

im an asshole tho rofl

cant you potentially lose money doing things like that parker? ive always been too scared to put money into something, especially now...

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 02:31 AM

Originally Posted By: FishPrince
What money?

Pay attention to FP, Nate. He's a *smart* man. An asshole yes, but still *smart*. Way smarter than me! But, fortunately, I learn quickly. wink

As a fellow asshole, gotta respect that! wink

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 02:36 AM

Both.

beer

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 02:47 AM

LOL!
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 08:24 AM

Just an update:

Put the house on the market on Friday for $529,800. Accepted an offer today (1 of 9) for $626,000.

I'm seriously having a really hard time believing my house just sold for damn near $100K more than I asked for it. God bless Seattle and the lesbian couple (with a 5 year old boy) who bought it! Gotta love this place!

It's a nice shining light in all this mess.

My realtor brought a growler of Georgetown's Lucille IPA for me while I accepted and signed the papers for the offer. Beer goes bad in a growler. Looks like I'm gonna have to celebrate and kill this thing tonight in celebration!

Here's to me and one of the few positive things that have come out of this divorce for me!

beer

the price is a reflection of all the hard work you spent in sprucing the place up.

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 09:19 AM

The selling price is a reflection of the pair that bought it. period.

Ask any appraiser.
Posted by: Ikissmykiss

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 10:58 AM

That's amazing Parker....congrats!

That's EXACTLY what my relator said. Priced any higher and nothing would have happened.

As an appraiser though I have to disagree with your realtors pricing philosophy. A property selling in under a week for $100,000 more than its list price with 8 other offers indicates that the property was significantly underpriced. Potential buyers, lesbian or otherwise, are knowledgeable and have usually viewed all the other properties for sale in your neighborhood in that price range. They bought your home because it was the best home available in that price range. Should of been priced at $659,000 and taken a week or two to sell, IMHO.

But you did good, really good. I'm sure it's very rewarding to see all your hard work on the house come to fruition! Can you post a picture of it?

Ike
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 12:31 PM

Why would Parker buy a boat? That would surely diminish his ride hoing skills. wink

Stam has it right. Your new freedom will lead to more fishing time. I've been able to average 100 to 125 days a year since I got the boot.
Never would have been able to do that while married...which is another reason I'll never get married again.

Congrats on the house sale.

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 12:36 PM

Congrats Parker. It's good to see some good fortune coming out of your misfortune. And right on with where to put the money. Those guys suggesting that you buy a boat just don't understand that the world's best boat whore doesn't need no stinkin' boat!

Sg

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 04:07 PM

atleast go buy yourself a super nice setup parker... maybe a Stella or Steez, and a custom rod maybe with your name wrapped in it from Don or something...

most importantly, keep yourself occupied.... it helps... trust me... (no i havent been divorced, but did spend 8 years with someone i thought was legit)

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 05:19 PM

Imagine that, investment and relationship advice from Redhook. Is there anything that guy doesn't think he knows about? You're paying attention now, aren't you Parker?

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 05:25 PM

im not giving him any advice on investments.. i know nothing about it, nor would i care to, its not my gig...

im telling him to go buy himself something nice, he doesnt want to shell out a bunch on a boat, fine, i can understand that, so compromise, go get a nice setup... i mean who doesnt like nice new setups?

as far as relationships, my track record speaks for itself... take the advice on that, or dont, its your choice... im not forcing anything on anyone, but if you want to know how to win, im your man....
Posted by: Illahee

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 05:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Natron

but if you want to know how to win, im your man....

When you say win you mean special olympics win right?
Posted by: big moby

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 06:13 PM

JFC...........
Posted by: Ale

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: 2MANY
Sounds like there's gonna be a whole lotta carpet munchin going on in Parker's old bedroom.

Maybe he had hardwood floors in that room?
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 08:00 PM

Good to see RedHook back in the groove. It took a week or so.
Posted by: Twitch

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 08:04 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
[quote=Natron]
go get a nice setup... i mean who doesnt like nice new setups?

thumbs

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 05/02/13 08:16 PM

that'll work too Twitchy wink

Re: Hey!! Just like our Dark Side Goobers - 08/01/13 11:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Redd_Daetona
" Looks like ParkerDude is on the fast track to living the good life...

No more.... "I wish I could fishing in__ __ _________ _____, or _________, or etc. hello
"

This only works for the young man until the very next cute gurl creature comes along and looks back longingly & lustfully with batting lashes etc etc, then it starts all over again... fridge

Sorry to disappoint you, Redd. I'm like a kid in a candy store with this whole online "dating" thing......

I just got off of a two week fishing, women, and bachelor bender! Good thing I have the kids for two weeks at a time, or I'd probably be dead by now. Or, at least die with a big old smile on my face.....

Wholly crap....is all I have to say.

thumbs