Long Hiatus From This Board

Posted by: StinkingWaters

Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 12:53 PM

Can't tell you guys the last time I wet a line.

Life has been too busy to even sum up in a post here.

I've been feeling like a modern day Forrest Bondurant.

This project has been 2yrs in the making.

You can find store locations near you by punching your zip code into the "Store Locator" feature on our website.

www.wishkahriver.com

[img:center]https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=...e=1&theater[/img]
Posted by: JTD

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:05 PM

Very cool project and I'll look for it to try.

Welcome back SW.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:08 PM

Thank ya thumbs
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:15 PM

It is good stuff. Nice to see you back here Josh.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:32 PM

Thanks Andy.

Maybe one of these days I'll be able to venture out into local waters but with the landslide of activity lately I likely be relegated to road time and furiously bottling booze grin
Posted by: Sky-Guy

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:37 PM

Time to have a PP bottling party! The Woodinville Whiskey Co. has a bottling party once per week, costs them a a pizza and a few tastes per bottler. Of course, a PP crowd might consume a bit more....
Posted by: docspud

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:39 PM

Nice.....where is it selling at? I would love to get some local gin to try out.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Sky-Guy
Time to have a PP bottling party! The Woodinville Whiskey Co. has a bottling party once per week, costs them a a pizza and a few tastes per bottler. Of course, a PP crowd might consume a bit more....

Well,......I've got about 90 cases of gin to bottle by Friday so I'm all for it.

Would be happy to post upcoming bottling runs on here if anyone is interested.

Usually I have friends and family come and help out. Although,.......after doing a run of the little 50ml bottles for some reason they don't answer the phone the second time around grin

The consuming part is easy,.....as the guy at Sam Adams always says;

"I can always make more" thumbs

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: docspud
Nice.....where is it selling at? I would love to get some local gin to try out.

Best way to find it Doc is to go here and punch in your zip code;

http://www.wishkahriver.com/store_locator

As of right now we are in about 200 liquor retailers in Washington. Another 40 or so in Oregon. First shipment to SoCal this month. Idaho soon to follow.

If you're looking for a specific product like the gin it's best to find the store nearest you that carries WRD,.......then call to make sure they have the product you're looking for. Not all stores carry the entire product line.

Hope that helps.
Posted by: FleaFlickr02

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 02:05 PM

Cool - a bonafide business man, right thar on the ol' Wish-kah.

Looks like you have been busy, indeed. Welcome back.

Didn't Willie Nelson write a song about you guys? Something about drowning in a Wishkah River?

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 02:11 PM

Well more like out on Port Industrial but who's counting right?

People call us "Whiskey River" quite often and I'm perfectly fine with that thumbs
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 02:34 PM

Best of luck in your new venture.
I see they sell your product at the Central Market located near me. I'll pick up a bottle next time I'm there.

SF
Posted by: docspud

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 02:55 PM

Nice SW They have it at BevMo in town. No sure about the gin yet but will stop by in a bit after work to check it out.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 02:59 PM

Thanks stonefish!

We may not have replaced the old labels at that Central Market yet so you won't see there what you see in the photo. If you're going there look for a blue label with 2 swishes on it. You'll see why I changed them once you see those.

ML Terrace Liquor, Crown Hill, and Edmonds Liquor will all have the new-look stuff though,.......and probably more of our products to choose from. Just a thought.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 03:01 PM

Originally Posted By: docspud
Nice SW They have it at BevMo in town. No sure about the gin yet but will stop by in a bit after work to check it out.

Correction; BevMo used to carry it. When we dropped our distributor and decided to self-distribute BevMo told us they don't deal with independents,...... go figure. Thank you for pointing that one out,.....I'll have to go back and correct it.

You be able to find the gin at High Spirits in Poulsbo though. Stop in and tell Glenn and Peter that Josh says hello.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 03:02 PM

Thanks SW,
I'll be looking for the whiskey.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 03:07 PM

If you're looking for the aged stuff you'll want to wait a couple of weeks,....or check out Wine World on 45th. I think they took one of my last cases of that about a week ago.

First batch was released last month and we went through just over 200 bottles in a few days. There are a few straglers out at a few liquor stores close to us but "Batch #1" will be hard to find. Wine World on 45th I know has a few bottles of Batch #1 left there.

Batch #2 will be available at more stores over the next few weeks.

If you do the facebook thing you can follow us there. We usually post frequent updates about availability of the different products and where they can be found.
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 04:18 PM

Cheers to the success of your biz.

I have tried the pre-aged version of the whiskey, really looking forward to trying the aged version, and the gin too.

I think have tried the Vodka at one of the beer/wine festivals, but its a bit hazy.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 04:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Rocket Red
Cheers to the success of your biz.

I have tried the pre-aged version of the whiskey, really looking forward to trying the aged version, and the gin too.

I think have tried the Vodka at one of the beer/wine festivals, but its a bit hazy.

Cindy down at Liquor and The Like in Elma has some of the aged version.

rofl A couple of those "festivals" got a little out of hand grin
Posted by: Coho

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 05:13 PM

I will pick some of your product up in Muk..
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 05:37 PM

Very cool, going to have to place an order for some of the good stuff in a few weeks. Any chance of find this product on the eastside? My Dad and I have been making our own wine for a few years, hats off to you for taking the next step and making something of it, wish you all the best.

Tyler

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 05:40 PM

Oh there'll be no need for that,......unless of course you prefer to lick it up off the floor.

I've got a few stashes of some "distiller's cut" batches around for such occasions thumbs

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 05:42 PM

Originally Posted By: Yak-Fresh
Very cool, going to have to place an order for some of the good stuff in a few weeks. Any chance of find this product on the eastside? My Dad and I have been making our own wine for a few years, hats off to you for taking the next step and making something of it, wish you all the best.

Tyler

Thanks Tyler!

We're in a ton of locations east of the hill. Off the top of my head in the Yakima area,......West Nob Hill Liquor, Union Gap Liquor, Selah Liquor and More.

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: FishPrince

Edit: Damn that schits at 3 bars within 500 feet of my house, I'll go try some tonight. Do I go to the military bar, the outlaw biker bar or the cowboy bar? There are six bars within 500 feet, you need to work on the golf course bar, the Irish pub and the tapas bar.

We usually place in bars/restaurants at request of the bar manager unless they are high value targets.

Would be happy to send my sales girl into the places you mentioned.

Names of establishments?

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/10/13 07:01 PM

In reality, you already hit the high value targets in my area, but I can PM you the ones you missed if you'd like. One just reopened under new management. Why do you need a salesgirl when you got me? Merg isn't the only one who can fill out a bikini.

Shoot 'em over and we'll hit 'em up. Maybe I'll shoot you a wholesale price sheet and you can show up in a banana hammock.

Outta ink the deal right then and there. thumbs

Re: Long Hiatus From This Board - 07/11/13 01:03 PM

I'll put together a list and PM you.

You're hired! rofl