What goes up . . .

Posted by: Dave Vedder

What goes up . . . - 12/07/13 01:38 PM

I see Bitcoins have lost more than 24% of their value this week. IMHO anything that shoots up as fast as Bitcoins did can come down just as fast.
Posted by: JTD

Re: What goes up . . . - 12/07/13 02:14 PM

The Chinese rejected all digital currency and specifically Bitcoin. I believe it is a temporary set back but I am not an expert. Hopefully FP or Dogfish has more insight.

http://memeburn.com/2013/12/chinese-government-outright-rejects-bitcoin-as-currency/
Posted by: JussieSmolt

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/27/20 10:36 AM

Anyone make sure Reefskunk hasn't had a nervous breakdown?
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/27/20 12:53 PM

Originally Posted By: Dave Vedder
I see Bitcoins have lost more than 24% of their value this week. IMHO anything that shoots up as fast as Bitcoins did can come down just as fast.

..but look at Bitcoin now.

Kinda wish you would have purchased some back in 2013, huh?

and while you were at it and have gone back in the PP TimeMachine, pick up some stocks in Tesla....Apple....Amazon....Starbucks......
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/27/20 02:09 PM

Originally Posted By: elparquito

and while you were at it and have gone back in the PP TimeMachine, pick up some stocks in Tesla....Apple....Amazon....Starbucks......

And... This same conversation will be had in another 8 years... Shoulda, coulda, woulda...

Keith
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/27/20 04:19 PM

Took some profits (90% in 19 months) a couple of weeks ago, Apple, Facebook, Starbucks, Home Depot, The Trade Desk (Check out TTD), WIX, New Relic. Sold off Canopy Growth at a loss (was up 50% at one time. Waiting for a little correction. Took half and bought more Apple Monday. Looking to invest when the market goes down. Some sectors or stocks can go up in a down market. Haven't tried health or pharma or bitcoin. Starbucks should be good, maybe Tesla.
Posted by: The Moderator

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/27/20 06:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Looking to invest when the market goes down. .

Good plan.

I see a market correction of some kind happening in the not to distant future.

Having some cash on hand to buy during a market low is a good thing!

My investment portfolio is up 88% for the year.

88%.

Oooof.
Posted by: Streamer

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/27/20 07:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
Looking to invest when the market goes down. .

Good plan.

I see a market correction of some kind happening in the not to distant future.

Having some cash on hand to buy during a market low is a good thing!

My investment portfolio is up 88% for the year.

88%.

Oooof.

That’s fantastic. I’m at 67% YTD. Have a plan for if Trump gets re-elected and have another plan for if should Biden win. You will want a different strategy for each.
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 08:33 AM

Currently we are at about 98% of 12/31/19 values. Good advisors help a lot.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 09:38 AM

I continue to buy high and sell low, hoping to make it up on volume. It hasn't worked out like I'd hoped.
Posted by: Streamer

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 10:15 AM

Another big drop is expected to occur. It started yesterday which happened to be Tuesday.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/10/26/new-data-suggests-a-stock-market-crash-may-be-immi/
Posted by: stlhdr1

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 10:19 AM

If it were me, I'd get the hell out of the market and buy property in the outskirts of the general populations.. Oh wait, that's what I already did... Screw the volatility, property is long term investment that makes sense. You may see some highs and lows but populations keep growing and unless people start building upward, they've got to start moving outward...

Keith
Posted by: OceanSun

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 01:55 PM

That and the tens of thousands of tech workers that can now work from anywhere indefinitely will continue to drive up values on the outskirts and nearby rural areas.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 03:47 PM

I just bought 50 shares of homeless encampments. The wave of the future!!
Posted by: OceanSun

Re: What goes up . . . - 10/28/20 08:51 PM

Slumlord fvckers
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: What goes up . . . - 11/02/20 07:02 PM