car thread

Posted by: cruzn99

car thread - 04/24/14 02:00 AM

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coup...t_r_comparison/

car thread!

are the dark siders car enthusiasts? talk cars if you want. no SHO's allowed.
Posted by: Dogfish

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 10:23 AM

Saw the new Taurus SHO the other day. Not bad.

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 11:43 AM

They are actually quite nice all kidding aside.
Posted by: NickD90

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 01:29 PM

Is this an American Muscle thread only? I'm a fan of all cars, but I just want to be clear before I screw up a thread with a Zonda.

Here's my all time favorite car. It has and will continue to crush all takers. Ferrari, Dodge (including Hennessy), Lambo, McClaren, Zonda, Nissan, Porsche.....pfft. This car's beat em' all....repeatedly. It holds the current world record at 283 mph (v8 1700 HP) with 300 mph in its sights. Enjoy...

Ford GT
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 02:53 PM

Always been a corvette guy , owned a few fast ones . The 2015 625hp z06 convertible is the nicest to date.

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 03:04 PM

Yes, the new Vette is beastly and damn refined. I used to work at GM in the late 90's and I was fortunate enough to play around with some Vette test builds at the Tech Center and Proving Grounds. For untrained drivers, they only let you go 55 mph. But the instructors would let em' rip. Sooooo fun.

Those dumb SOB's used to have lots and lots of "Pool" cars for us to choose from, including Vette's. I could pick from any make and model on the lot and I always took a Vette if available (or Caddie CTS). We weren't allowed to fly to regional vendors within 1/2 day driving distance. Instead, we had to use a pool car. It really sucked going from Detroit to Dayton in a drop top Vette or CTS in 1/2 the time it would have taken you to fly. Many of my co-workers had their Pool car rights revoked. I just never got caught. smile
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 03:16 PM

probably the most well done car video ever created... the car is flat out awesome too..

and the new king was crowned in Feb..

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 03:29 PM

You sure 270 beats 283? smile

They keep flipping the record, so its hard to stay current. Hennnessey is top notch, I've just never been a big fan of the Viper. I know some super Lotus is also in the running these days. That little sucker can move.

The new Pagani Huayra is also spectacular.

Oh. My. Goodness.

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 03:52 PM

nope, its not...

that GT is a modified race car, the Hennesey is basically a production supercar, when they get about 18 more built, it will really be the fastest production car ever built... right now only 11 have been built, and they need like 29 to fully qualify, but im sure the guys at Hennesey are workin on that wink

the thing about that Venom, they ran the test at the Kennedy Space Center (same place the GT did its test), and they used the runway, which obviously, ends... Veyrons test, was done on a 5 mile i think it was, looped track and hit 267... the Henny did 270 on a stomp to the floor, straight line pull, and still could have hit 280, and likely even passed that...

just wait to see what comes out of both those guys, very soon (Hennesey, and PPR)

one of my favorites, and most notorious sleepers of all time... been eating up Vettes since 1984 (unless you count the 200 some-odd cars built in 82) some slight modifications, and you have a modern era muscle car on the level of the legendary Copo, Yenko, SC, and LS-6 cars...

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 04:01 PM

Good call. There are lots of pimp GN's in the Detroit area. They've been tearing up Woodward Ave. for years.
Posted by: Us and Them

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 04:17 PM

No one will be able to out car Nate on this thread because his job is crushing YouTube and Google all day and night. Most if not all of us have some actual real life experience to share and it makes the dialog more interesting. He seems to think its a race to crush the web and find other peoples experiences to tag team as his own. It would be nice if the mods could shoot all of his posts that have a 0.00% chance that he actually has any real life exp. to share . That's pretty easy as the list is short, sleeping , eating, bodily functions, jacking off, watching TV , pretending on the webs.

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 05:01 PM

That's a beauty Stam - you should be proud. Old cars had so much more character and styling back then. I miss Woodward ave on a Friday night (which is pretty much a rolling Barrett Jackson show). Many of those guys are original owners and have been at the big 3 for decades and their rides reflect that.

I'm a 50 / 50 guy. I love the classics for obvious reasons, while I love the new stuff for the technology and pushing the envelope. Certain days are for setting hair on fire and other days are for the slow ride.

Being how cars are your lively hood, what's your most memorable restoration (and got any pics to share)?
Posted by: kingdog

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 06:41 PM

McLaren P1 for me please.
Posted by: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 07:34 PM

Redhook, what ever happened to your Subaru that BustinBig was going to help you with?
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 07:37 PM

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 10:55 PM

very nice Steve, always enjoy seeing the cars you have redone..

i like a bit of everything, speed of the likes i will never touch, or set foot in (Pagani, Lambo, Ferrari ect), speed and sexiness like that of the Chevelles, Elco's, Camaro's, Cougars ect, the speed and performance of fox body Stang's, GN's GNX's, T-Types, ect...

and of course the cruisers, like Cadillac's smile

Posted by: Chuck E

Re: car thread - 04/24/14 11:03 PM

I have a '71 Superbeetle with sunroof & tip outs I paid $200 cash for. It's now a runner & cheap fun.

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 12:29 AM

Originally Posted By: NickD90
Is this an American Muscle thread only? I'm a fan of all cars, but I just want to be clear before I screw up a thread with a Zonda.

Here's my all time favorite car. It has and will continue to crush all takers. Ferrari, Dodge (including Hennessy), Lambo, McClaren, Zonda, Nissan, Porsche.....pfft. This car's beat em' all....repeatedly. It holds the current world record at 283 mph (v8 1700 HP) with 300 mph in its sights. Enjoy...

Ford GT

I was just watching that very youtube vid about three days ago one of my favorite cars.

I myself drive a 09 wrx and it is plenty quick and all that, but someday I'm going to buy a mustang or comaro just love the sound of a big V8 and it's amazing how some of them are on the track these days.
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 12:43 AM

I've always liked these cars:

Porsche DP935

One of the baddest race cars ever built - the Porsche 917-30

The Ferrari F2004

If going fast is what you really want to do, then try this. Nothing else even comes close-

Posted by: Bustinbig

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 10:21 AM

Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
Redhook, what ever happened to your Subaru that BustinBig was going to help you with?
Kaiser, Redhook got booted out of here and that was pretty much the last I heard from him. He had my number. I was willing to help. Not sure exactly what happened?
Posted by: willametteriveroutlaw

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 10:44 AM

I'd take a M3 as a daily driver but my dream car oh [Bleeeeep!] performance car is an Arial Atom. Looks like about as much fun as you can have with your pants on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTAUV1Yj4NE
Posted by: NOFISH

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 11:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Chuck E
I have a '71 Superbeetle with sunroof & tip outs I paid $200 cash for. It's now a runner & cheap fun.

Wife wants to buy a Bug, me like Ugh.

When it breaks down I'm parking it to your place ChuckE grin
Posted by: Twitch

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: Bustinbig
Originally Posted By: AP a.k.a. Kaiser D
Kaiser, Redhook got booted out of here and that was pretty much the last I heard from him. He had my number. I was willing to help. Not sure exactly what happened?

Bustin,

"Evo" on this thread is redhook.
Posted by: Kinetic Kwik

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 01:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Bustinbig
Kaiser, Redhook got booted out of here, and that should have been the last we heard from him.

Fixed

Posted by: Dogfish

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: NOFISH
Originally Posted By: Chuck E

Wife wants to buy a Bug, me like Ugh.

When it breaks down I'm parking it to your place ChuckE grin

Wife wants a Karmann Ghia. I told her when VW comes out with a modern version, sure, but I don't want to work on cars.

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 03:20 PM

older Chevy's are cool too..

Dodge's too smile

Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 07:37 PM

Here is a pic. of my turbo Scirocco on the way to the track.
Lots of love and $$$ into her.
Hoping to be right near 400whp this year.

Regards,
Tyler

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Yak-Fresh

Regards,
Tyler

that thing is sick! What kinds of times do you post?

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 08:46 PM

400hp in a Scirocco reminds me of this badass race car - the Peugeot 205.

This thing tore up the World Rally circuits for a few years.

Pretty f'n cool car you got there, Tyler.

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 09:41 PM

Originally Posted By: Dan S.
400hp in a Scirocco reminds me of this badass race car - the Peugeot 205.

This thing tore up the World Rally circuits for a few years.

Pretty f'n cool car you got there, Tyler.

that reminds me of this. can't get away from that yamaha built engine!

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 09:43 PM

the same 3.0 Yamaha that was put into the SHO's grin

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 09:50 PM

yes that's why I said that, cause it already came full circle.

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 10:30 PM

Here is another badass rally car - hell, it's just a badass car- the Audi Quattro, in rally form and IMSA GTO form

Re: car thread - 04/25/14 10:39 PM

Nofish - I tried to sell the vw to Kitsap' Crankiest Contractor a couple of years ago but he wised up.
Dogfish - you may to think about the vw. Your hens could use it when you aren't wrenching on it.

Cars can become albatrosses damn quick. A guy gave me a low mileage '87 Suburban. It's a good runner with room for the family & gear but now the driver's side elec window won't go down now.
Posted by: blackmouth

Re: car thread - 04/28/14 06:15 PM

Here is another badass rally car - hell, it's just a badass car- the Audi Quattro, in rally form and IMSA GTO form

That's quite an image (Dan S.), it appears that some most of those folks are lacking good judgement.

Re: car thread - 04/28/14 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Rev. blackmouth

That's quite an image (Dan S.), it appears that some most of those folks are lacking good judgement.

I agree frickin crazy but I would be right there with them too

Re: car thread - 04/28/14 10:41 PM

Yeah - those people are a little crazy. It's isn't hard to find videos of rally cars flying off the road and taking out a dozen spectators. The smarter ones line the inside of the corners - the less clever fans line the outside of the corners. Crazy drivers, crazy fans I guess.

Re: car thread - 04/29/14 12:06 AM

Yeah - those people are a little crazy. It's isn't hard to find videos of rally cars flying off the road and taking out a dozen spectators. The smarter ones line the inside of the corners - the less clever fans line the outside of the corners. Crazy drivers, crazy fans I guess.

+1. Being a CO boy, I've been to Pikes Peak a couple of times. Spectators and drivers are all nuts. Lose yer' rear end there and its 1000 feet straight down. eek2
Posted by: Jaydee

Re: car thread - 04/29/14 01:20 AM

Moderned-up 68 Camaro

Not a big car guy these days but this one's pretty sexy.

Re: car thread - 04/29/14 01:28 AM

That's menacing. I love it.

Re: car thread - 04/29/14 01:11 PM

There's cruise in on Wheaton Way in East Bremerton the first day of each month. I was told that there were over 150 cars on 4/1. Weather is supposed to be decent this coming thursday. I might be there with my rattle canned VW bug.
Posted by: Paul Smenis

Re: car thread - 05/01/14 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: cruzn99
Originally Posted By: Yak-Fresh

Regards,
Tyler

that thing is sick! What kinds of times do you post?

12.03 @ 8PSI (275whp)
Have yet to beat the snot out of here with the new turbo and high boost mapping, (18-22PSI) But I plan on it soon...;)

Re: car thread - 05/12/14 12:21 AM

Check this sh!t out.

http://www.wired.com/2014/05/formula-1-steering-wheels/
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: car thread - 05/12/14 12:59 PM

OK, that's just plain crazy right there. BTW, my new Subie has paddle shifters on the wheel - just shows how racing technology trickles down to street rigs.

Re: car thread - 05/16/14 12:30 AM

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/1405_2015_ford_mustang_ecoboost_first_ride/

I like what they are doing with more engine options but damn, that front end for 2015 is rough.

Re: car thread - 05/17/14 04:22 PM

Antron's engine blew up Friday and blew the rear tire at near top speed, glad hes OK..

they are starting to use capsules (basically an F-16 cockpit) now like used on TFH's...