hope all had

Posted by: larryb

hope all had - 07/05/14 01:39 AM

a safe and fun 4th
Posted by: Dan S.

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 02:33 PM

Had an awesome 4th.

Cooked crab, ling cod, spring chinook, brats, and a huge batch of onion rings. Then we ate until nobody could move. Got a fire going in the pit, and watched other people's money explode in the air all around the hood.

Good times.
Posted by: JTD

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 04:11 PM

We had a fantastic time at my dad's house on Vaughn Bay.
Hamburgers, Screwdrivers, watermelon, salads x3, strawberry and blueberry pies ala mode. Life is good!

http://youtu.be/vsuJE2fF35k

Hope everyone had as good a time.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 04:12 PM

Yep, they blew up the neighborhood again.
Someone launched a couple of miniature hot air ballons.
Looked like the Afghani Air Force flyin' through all that triple A.

Had some smoke-roasted dinosaur (beef) ribs and corn-on-cob along with some nice sides.
Lovin' that corn indirect-cooked on the Weber while still sportin' the husk.
Then ghetto-rub a stick of butter onto it with a dash of Kosher salt.
Mmmm....
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 04:18 PM

My 4th of july tradition of late is camping and crabbing at ft flagler. Limits of crab for us in 3 pots yesterday and had to dump 5 keepers in the 4th @ 8 am... limits again today in only two pots...
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 04:35 PM

me and Katie just hung out, outside and took some pictures...

could have done better... maybe next time..

Posted by: Dan S.

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 08:05 PM

Nice.

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 08:25 PM

I think I saw the moon.
Posted by: CedarR

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 09:02 PM

Evo, you've come a long way since your first moon photo:
Posted by: Jerry Garcia

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 10:09 PM

I live in a small area between Mill Creek, Lynnwood and Everett that is still snohomish county, not city. You would have thought there was an invasion with mortatrs and bombs. the street was littered this morning with the remains.
Posted by: stonefish

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 10:29 PM

I think ISIS claimed my neighborhood last night.

Re: hope all had - 07/05/14 11:28 PM

ISIS would have run away from my neighborhood squealing like little girls.
Posted by: Salmo g.

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 12:03 AM

Stayed safe (and sane) at home, spent a grand total of $0.00 on fireworks, and like some of you, watched and listened to OPM (other people's money) make noise and pretty colors in the night sky. Made a deal with the less than responsible neighbor; told him if there were no bottle rockets on my roof this morning, I wouldn't put any bullet holes in his roof. Clear understandings make good neighbors. We BBQed burgers last night, keeping things simple. And picked up some BBQ in town this afternoon and brought it home for dinner. Another good day in the hood.
Posted by: metaladdiction

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 02:04 PM

Same for me. I have'nt spent money on fireworks for many years. I even skipped our local parade and just went to our traditional family BBQ.

It's important to have good communications with your neighbors Salmo.

Those are some great photos Nate. Thanks for posting them.

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 02:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Direct-Drive

You must have a fleet of Bangsite cannons... wink

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: stonefish

Can you still get Bangsite at the safe and insane stands? When I was a kid we would poke a hole in the bottom of a coffee can to shove a fire cracker in for a fuse. A little bangsite, a little water, put the lid on, turn it upside down, swirl once or twice, lite the fuse and get out of the way. We could blast the can almost 2 telephone poles high with a massive report. Cheap thrills. We would get about 30 blasts out of one tube.

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 08:50 PM

Originally Posted By: metaladdiction

Can you still get Bangsite at the safe and insane stands? When I was a kid we would poke a hole in the bottom of a coffee can to shove a fire cracker in for a fuse. A little bangsite, a little water, put the lid on, turn it upside down, swirl once or twice, lite the fuse and get out of the way. We could blast the can almost 2 telephone poles high with a massive report. Cheap thrills. We would get about 30 blasts out of one tube.

Bangsite as an accelerant! Why didn't I think of that?!

doh
Posted by: No Warranty

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 11:19 PM

The scariest thing we did as stupid teenagers was to use carbide, water, a fire cracker, and 5 gallon buckets.
We sprinkled a half can of carbide in a bucket with a hole drilled n the side with a fire cracker half way in, poured some water in, placed another bucket firmly into the lower bucket and lit the firecracker.
That was the loudest and most terrifying experience watching the upper 5 gallon bucket shoot above the tallest trees, probably 200 ft, then landing on the neighbors roof.

Re: hope all had - 07/06/14 11:34 PM

Well...

I had a kegger on the 4th and somehow decided electrical tape, a Bic Lighter and an M80 on the end of an arrow was a good idea.

Half an eyebrow later, but lucky enough to retain stereoscopic vision, I had my now ex-wife tackle me on the front lawn because my entire face was red.

That was a lessoned learned.

Except it probably wasn't the dumbest thing I tried.

beer
Posted by: 5 * General Evo

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 12:11 AM

Originally Posted By: JTD

Well...

I had a kegger on the 4th and somehow decided electrical tape, a Bic Lighter and an M80 on the end of an arrow was a good idea.

Half an eyebrow later, but lucky enough to retain stereoscopic vision, I had my now ex-wife tackle me on the front lawn because my entire face was red.

That was a lessoned learned.

Except it probably wasn't the dumbest thing I tried.

beer

we used to do that alot... never had any mishaps, but its deffinately not a wise idea really... we were running 82# with Easton XX75 2213's on overdraws tho, so if there was a mishap, its game over..

good cheap go boom if you live where you can shoot your guns, go Tannerite... the stuff is no joke...

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 12:12 AM

Well...

I tapped the keg in North Tacoma and passed the tap through the sliding glass window for the ride home to Lakewood.

Does that clarify anything? Because, truth be told, I don't remember that.

Lessons of youth.

grin

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 12:33 AM

A model airplane, GI Joe, gasoline and a M-80 were pretty thrilling for my brother and I.
Not so much for our pops. He wasn't real pleased after seeing his lawn and apple tree.....

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 12:44 AM

"... You damn kids"
Posted by: fish4brains

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 09:44 AM

When we were kids we got in trouble for shooting M80's over the hedge with a wrist rocket. The neighbors were having a family reunion BBQ on the other side....
Posted by: Rocket Red

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 11:25 AM

Spent mine in Marathon FL.

Went to the beach in the morning, swum in the pool in the afternoon. Then the kids caught snappers and other grunt type fish off the back porch and then we watched the Marathon City fireworks show. A tarpon would show himself every now and then, but he wasn't interested in much.

Great fun.

Link to video

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 12:29 PM

Shock and Awe banged or Shacka banged?

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 02:13 PM

Can you still get Bangsite at the safe and insane stands?

We had a lot of fun with those cannons growing up. Not sure if they still sell Bangsite at the stands anymore which is where we used to buy it.
You can order it online though.
SF

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 04:03 PM

Thanks guys. Will have to pick some up. Also playing with the idea of burrying a big pipe in the ground with a fuel injector and ignitor. Similar to a giant potatoe gun, but with big booms. Anyone ever try something like this in the past?

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 04:51 PM

Thanks guys. Will have to pick some up. Also playing with the idea of burrying a big pipe in the ground with a fuel injector and ignitor. Similar to a giant potatoe gun, but with big booms. Anyone ever try something like this in the past?

Please record this for our viewing pleasure. grin
Thanks,
SF

Re: hope all had - 07/07/14 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Hankster

Please record this for our viewing pleasure. grin
Thanks,
SF

So what?

He took a course at the Dan Quayle Skool of Speling, but he got his point across.

Hank,
My post has nothing to do with spelling.
Record it on video.........
Who doesn't like to see [Bleeeeep!] getting blown up?
SF
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: hope all had - 07/09/14 11:37 PM

I took Dan's advice and set myself on fire.
Posted by: Steelheadman

Re: hope all had - 07/10/14 01:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Hankster
Originally Posted By: Steelheadman
I took Dan's advice and set myself on fire.

I hope you did that with firewater.

Just kidding didn't do fireworks or set myself on fire. Rain would have put me out anyway. Did do a couple of Diet Cokes and whiskey. Disappointed with the Coolio concert but the fireworks display was decent.
Posted by: Castingpearls

Re: hope all had - 07/10/14 01:14 PM

[/quote]

Disappointed with the Coolio concert but the fireworks display was decent.

[/quote]

Disappointed by a Coolio concert??? Weird.