Dumb question-

Posted by: Capt. Quint

Dumb question- - 09/11/17 09:19 AM

With all of the DIY-ers on this august forum, I figure there must be someone who has a clever idea of how I can re-purpose my old sunbrella boat canvas. Top all sunbrella, side curtains out of vinyl isinglass, and a drop-curtain of vinyl isinglass too. Seems a shame to just chuck it out.

Thanks fellas
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Dumb question- - 09/11/17 01:03 PM

Looks like you could use a new hat.
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Dumb question- - 09/11/17 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: Capt. Quint
With all of the DIY-ers on this august forum, I figure there must be someone who has a clever idea of how I can re-purpose my old sunbrella boat canvas. Top all sunbrella, side curtains out of vinyl isinglass, and a drop-curtain of vinyl isinglass too. Seems a shame to just chuck it out.

Thanks fellas

Stuff sacks for whatever out of the Sunbrella., if you know someone with a commercial sewing machine.
I have so many camping things that I wish I had stuffsacks for. A friend made a nice stuffsack for my mess kit out of a Sunbrella type material.
Even a sack for my zero-gravity chair....I hate stuff grinding against each other when traveling.

On the side curtain material you could make water resistant map sleeves or clear sleeves for building plans.

Posted by: NickD90

Re: Dumb question- - 09/11/17 06:57 PM

Makeshift green house / high tunnel? Vinyl windows for sunlight and zippered parts for good airflow. Zip up at night to keep tomatoes or "whatever" nice and warm.
I don't know - might be a bit janky looking but could possibly work in theory. Maybe.

or body bags.
Posted by: RogueFanatic

Re: Dumb question- - 09/11/17 09:34 PM

All great answers! Some with more entertainment than utility but still. A green house for my smaller planter boxes is great. I use 6mil construction plastic from Home Depot currently but the isinglass prolly blocks fewer frequencies.

And bodybags?!?! What a horrible idea!! The top is teal green so everyone would know it was me...
Posted by: Carcassman

Re: Dumb question- - 09/12/17 08:00 AM

I was gonna say greenhouse but Nick beat me to it. Might be a great way to start veggies in the spring. Especially if it somewhat portable. Move it every few weeks as the seeds get established.
Posted by: WDFW X 1 = 0

Re: Dumb question- - 09/12/17 12:10 PM

Don't most 206ers get their stuff sacs on Capitol Hill?
Posted by: Direct-Drive

Re: Dumb question- - 09/12/17 06:27 PM

Originally Posted By: WDFW X 1 = 0
Don't most 206ers get their stuff sacs on Capitol Hill?

LOL
They could make hot pants out of the clear stuff and show those sacs off on Capitol Hill.